This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hateslosing wrote: View Post
    Have you never commented on a multipaul thread before? He sounds like a troll and sometimes his arguments don't make sense but he does make you think and creates some very good discussion. I personaly look forward to these threads.
    I hadn't, no. In fact I hadn't posted much on these boards at all until this heat wave combined with the FA craziness conspired to keep me sitting in front of my PC for much longer than usual. Reading some of the replies in here, I'm starting to remember why; delusion springs eternal when it comes to Bargs.

In response to the idea that Bargs will take Bosh into the post, again, he has a single reliable move (that ugly running baby hook going to his right hand across the lane) and struggles to post up guys who are 6'6 when mismatches occur, usually settling for a fadeaway from 10 feet out. Unless he's dramatically added to his post repertoire and made it a point of emphasis this offseason, he's going to continue to struggle backing players down. He lacks experience, feel and touch with his back to the basket, let alone moves and counters. He doesn't invite contact in the post, doesn't draw fouls. He's not an effective post player at this stage, plain and simple. He can get there, there's no doubt about that, but he's not there yet.

As for Bosh not being able to stay with Bargs on the perimeter due to foot speed, all Bosh (or anyone else) has to do is close out on his right hand, stay down and and concede the 3. Bargs can't dribble left unless he has a ton of open room, has just about the shakiest crossover I've ever seen, and loves to step inside the arc for long 2s, the least efficient shot in the league. You let him take those shots all day, take away the drive game by leaning on the right, it's simple. Don't believe me? Go watch a Bargnani highlight reel; nearly every drive for a dunk or layup, from the baseline or from out top, is with his right.

I'm not saying Bargs can't be a fantastic player in this league, don't get me wrong. It just seems to me that people get seduced by the occasional highlight reel type play and refuse to acknowledge the holes in his game.

Comment

Are you guys serious...?

Comment

Lark Benson, meet Multipaul, #1 Bargnani fanboy. It's going to be unbearable if Bargnani does make the jump. I'm sure we'd all be pleasantly surprised though.

Comment

Krix wrote: View Post
          Are you guys serious...?
          Beat it nerd this is Raptor Republic.. Go mainstream and join the Heat fan club we don't need haters here

Comment

Sorry guys but we wont compete with Miami this year, maybe next. We Dont have the type of talent to compete with three all stars

Comment

I am a RAPTORS fan first and foremost. I cheer for Bargnani now because we have no one else!! HOWEVER! anyone who believes he's our building block is on DRUGS. A real RAPTOR fan knows how shit Bargnani is because we've watched him every single fucking night hoping he can string at least 3 consistent games together!!

I Blame Colangelo and Bargnani for the reason we are in this fucking shit hole!! IF WE DRAFTED A WING PLAYER, WHICH WE DESPERATELY NEEDED AT THE TIME!! I.E. Brandon Roy! We would have one of the sickest teams in the Goddam league!! And if Colangelo could fucking just admit to his mistake and traded bargnani when he had some trade value we wouldn't be in this mess, Colangelo wouldn't have traded Jermaine O'neal to Miami, and basically give Lebron James and Chris Bosh to Miami Heat and in return we take back Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks, which turns into Hedo Turkoglu and Marcus Banks.

FML FML FML. If you are a real raptor fan that has watched EVERY SINGLE GAME LIKE I HAVE, you will understand why I am so pissed off and suicidal! Time to go Colangelo! Bring back Grunwald. He managed to get Oakley, Olajuwon, Vince Carter, Antonio Davis into Toronto.

Comment

Even if they were to match up, there's no way in hell Bosh loses the battle.

A) he's got a much better supporting cast to help him out

B) he's a way better player

Nuff said, it's on lock

Comment

Chris Bosh does NOT have a supporting cast.. he IS the supporting cast.

3 stars, a few injury prone veterans who want to ride their backs, and half the roster of the Rio Grande Valley Vipers DOES NOT make a good team...

Comment

And apparently, they've multiplied. o_O

Comment

obviously there is a consensus here, strictly one on one bargs will annihilate bosh. he is younger, faster, has more offensive options, and more defensive prowess. plus, he has a posse of young gunz in his holster to do the dirty work

all u bosh ball washers go to the miami heat forum and write a letter about how mad u r at bc, he will wipe his a*s with it just like he did with all ur money u spent on his jerseys and dvds.

bargs is the king b in town, good riddance to the tranny queen b and his media team who still whine about him posing as newcomers on raps republic

Comment

Krix wrote: View Post
                        Are you guys serious...?
                        another person supporting bargs. the real fans are emerging now, like arsenalist said, separating water from wine....ps...cb4's south beach water is full of tar balls, much like his talent level...leaking...

Comment

Moderator Note

Discussions regarding Andrea Bargnani are this summer's "Most Dangerous Threads", so let's all agree to keep our personal opinionated expectations of Bargs next season in our side holster until training camp. Forum wars have broken out over much less and Bargs is the Raps equivalent of a trojan virus.
                          RR OG

Comment

Seeing Bosh vs. Bargs would be interesting. I am of the belief that neither one is able to guard the other. Bargs does enough things well enough that Bosh wouldn't be able to get comfortable defensively. Bosh does a few things really well and Andrea wouldn't have an answer for it.

However, I suspect that Amir Johnson would have the task of guarding Bosh, while Andrea would have to be aware of Wade and LBJ looking to swoop in and block him (James) or pick his pocket (Wade).

Comment

James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
                              Discussions regarding Andrea Bargnani are this summer's "Most Dangerous Threads", so let's all agree to keep our personal opinionated expectations of Bargs next season in our side holster until training camp. Forum wars have broken out over much less and Bargs is the Raps equivalent of a trojan virus.
                              Anything Multipaul posts becomes the "Most Dangerous Thread". He likes the attention.
                              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                                obviously there is a consensus here, strictly one on one bargs will annihilate bosh. he is younger, faster, has more offensive options, and more defensive prowess.
                                Could you at least make an attempt at using some actual basketball logic to back up your argument? You just seem to throw out statements about Bargs being better without any actual evidence. Bargs is only one year younger (so I guess that's technically correct, though essentially irrelevant), he's certainly not 'faster' (and what does that mean, in a 50 metre dash? I'm assuming here you mean quicker, which is just false), he certainly doesn't have more 'offensive options' unless you're counting stationary jump shots from all over the floor as 'options' (and in this imaginary game of one on one, they really don't), and his 'defensive prowess' is restricted to guys whom he can block without leaving his feet.

I know I shouldn't be feeding the troll, but I wanted one last chance to see if he could come up with an actual argument instead of just tossing out random statements that can't be backed up by any meaningful analysis.

Comment

Working...
                                X