Chance for Chris Paul to T.O!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hotshot wrote: View Post
    With the way things are going don't be surprised if a year from now Chris Paul and Carmelo Anthony will join Kevin Durant in OKC just to compete with Miami.
    Westbrook is good enough. Anthony would really help them, but I see him going to New York, and maybe with Paul too?
    "Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."
    ~Rorschach

Comment

IMO, the Raptors future PG should come from the 2011 draft in the form of Kyrie Irving (Freshman from Duke). He would be a great fit to the Young Gunz movement.

Comment

James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
        David West and Emeka Okafur are available. Chris Paul, however, is still an untouchable asset and the NOH will not be trading him under any present circumstances because the new owner(s) isn't prepared or planning to move the Hornets franchise outta town (again).

Next thread.
        It's becoming more and more possiable that the Hornets will be shopping Paul just look at what N.O fan site is saying.

http://www.hornets247.com/blog

And now the Raps have Chandler, some who played well with Paul before.

Comment

I think there is no chance to land Paul and if there was, who wants to go through a similar saga to that of Bosh again in a couple years?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            I think there is no chance to land Paul and if there was, who wants to go through a similar saga to that of Bosh again in a couple years?
            That's just it. We get an extra couple years to try and put a team behind a star and not just any star a top two point gaurd in the league .

I read in a blog from the N.O fan web site just about three or four weeks ago before the draft and right around the time all the rumors about Paul were coming out. I can't seem to find the link or I would post it. It states that the Nets were offering the Hornets Devin Harris, the 3rd pick in the draft this year and a first rounder next year the Hornets were insulted they said it would take Brooks Lopez and Courtney Lee and then they could talk.
            Since then the price may have gone down but that seems to be the asking price.

Comment

I don't think Colangelo would trade for him unless Paul signed an extension first. I don't think he wants to put the organization through what happened in June and early July again. It would be too big a a risk to trade without more assurance than a two year deal. Especially when at Melo's wedding he "reportedly raised his glass to toast a future Knicks Big Three of himself, Amare Stoudemire and Anthony."

Comment

I don't think Colangelo would trade for him unless Paul signed an extension first. I don't think he wants to put the organization through what happened in June and early July again. It would be too big a a risk to trade without more assurance than a two year deal. Especially when at Melo's wedding he "reportedly raised his glass to toast a future Knicks Big Three of himself, Amare Stoudemire and Anthony."
                Ya they've all been makin some jokes about that possibility but really, New York! come on.
                Amare is definatly going to push for something like that he's screwed now. On a team with no prospect of becoming good for years to come. They gambled a lost it all. Again.

Carmelo isn't going to leave Denver they're one player away from becoming contenders. That team is the shit. Once players play with Billups they never leave.

Reguardless The Raps need a starting PG more than they needed any more big men or even small forwards.

Comment

I think you're off on the Knicks. They're setting the table to a big jump from last year and then a slow steady growth with a core group of young players approaching their prime. They may not be contenders for a while but when the dust settles they may have a future as good as the Raptors'.

Comment

Hellgate wrote: View Post
                    Carmelo isn't going to leave Denver they're one player away from becoming contenders. That team is the shit. Once players play with Billups they never leave.
                    Kleiza left.
                    o.O

Comment

I think you're off on the Knicks. They're setting the table to a big jump from last year and then a slow steady growth with a core group of young players approaching their prime. They may not be contenders for a while but when the dust settles they may have a future as good as the Raptors'.
                      I hope the Knicks do become legit again it would be good for the league and for the Raptors. Maybe to devlope a good rivalry between the two. But year after year they make the most bizzare moves.

N.Y's Management group is flawed and struck out this year with LBJ because they were far to aggessive and cockey. They completely ignored all the signs that James had made up his mind to sell out a long time ago.

I hear rumours of them bringing back Isiah Thomas in some capacity.
                      There's no telling how good Amare can be without an elite passer feeding him. And how long his body can hold up. D'Antoni, I think, has always been over rated, Too many uncertainties in N.Y

Comment

Working...
                      X