Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bosh slipped and said this has been planned for months.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosh slipped and said this has been planned for months.

Did Bosh really say this?

And Bosh slipped and said this has been planned for months. What a joke. What a fraud. 41 minutes ago via web
    http://twitter.com/MMillsTKB
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

i'm trying ot get over bosh not being a raptor. but, if you guys keep posting this in the everything raptors forum i'm really finding it difficult.

also, c'mon, this was obvious it's been planned for years. at first it was a bit of a jokingly, eveyone's a bit drunk idea and then it started to get serious and then now all the sudden it's happened. the only one hwo was really hesitabt was lbj. but, they eventually lured ihm in.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
      i'm trying ot get over bosh not being a raptor. but, if you guys keep posting this in the everything raptors forum i'm really finding it difficult.

also, c'mon, this was obvious it's been planned for years. at first it was a bit of a jokingly, eveyone's a bit drunk idea and then it started to get serious and then now all the sudden it's happened. the only one hwo was really hesitabt was lbj. but, they eventually lured ihm in.
      June 2010

"This is something we've kind of been talking about for four years now,” Bosh said. “And the day is finally here. It's kind of scary but it's exciting.”

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle1615871/

Comment

so it was planned that they would team up... im so suprised
        I remember rumors starting after the Olympics, no need to be suprised

Comment

check the espn video on RR home page at about the 3:30 mark. he never says it was planned then, just that the possibility was talked about. but, i can now see why our fortunes changed after the all-star break and colangelo was blaming it on people getting into people's ears.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post

Listen, its a good fit for Bosh, he isn't a franchise player and he knows it. Settling to be a third option on a loaded team really is the best fit for him. Raptor fans have to ask themselves if Toronto is a championship level team with bosh on board, if the answer is no then let him go. There is no point in paying someone 20 mill a year for 40 win seasons. Rebuild and start over

Comment

Which makes bosh the big winner since he is a third option also ran that is getting a six year max money deal. Really in a few years Riley will look foolish for paying him this money but he will turn around right about them and find a sucker (minny or clippers?) to take him.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                June 2010

"This is something we've kind of been talking about for four years now,” Bosh said. “And the day is finally here. It's kind of scary but it's exciting.”

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle1615871/
                This has a completely different connotation from what the Twitter post implies. The above G&M quote is fine; there was talk back when Bosh, Wade and LBJ all signed their shorter deals that if they didn't the direction their respective teams were going, they could opt-out early for free agency and perhaps play together. Very different, at least to me, from planning for the last several months to all join forces in Miami.

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
                  This has a completely different connotation from what the Twitter post implies. The above G&M quote is fine; there was talk back when Bosh, Wade and LBJ all signed their shorter deals that if they didn't the direction their respective teams were going, they could opt-out early for free agency and perhaps play together. Very different, at least to me, from planning for the last several months to all join forces in Miami.
                  As always, a voice of reason.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Raps All Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

I'm sick of suckers actin' like it's the end of the fuckin' world. What does that say about the rest of league? You think Kobe's frettin'? Maaaan, Chris Byatch is gone, ya'll. The way I see it, if you're one of those that are scared of the Heat or nit-pick and talk negative about the Raps, don't call yourself a Raps fan and don't come on this site, simple. We're not the flippin' Nets, yo. Media and even our own "fans" are dissin' the Raps about this and that. "BC is stupid, blah-blah...." But I guarantee some of these cats talkin' yang would get all giddy seein one of the Raps players on the street like skirts. Man, I'm excited about our team and possibilities of EARNING our respect in the NBA...finally feeling like we on a mission and out to silence the critics. It just sounds like everyone is giving up on us and some are gonna jump on the Heat bandwagon. Dudes are up there like it's a fucking WWE show. Bosh is still gonna get shook when he has to face Dwight (why he's beggin' not to play Centre..he a shook bitch). Man, Raps All Day, EARLY!!!!
                      The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

Comment

God please wake this era up and let 'em smell the Passion and Heart of the sport of basketball. I feel like I'm in HipHop's nightmare.

Comment

GameBreaker wrote: View Post
                          I'm sick of suckers actin' like it's the end of the fuckin' world. What does that say about the rest of league? You think Kobe's frettin'? Maaaan, Chris Byatch is gone, ya'll. The way I see it, if you're one of those that are scared of the Heat or nit-pick and talk negative about the Raps, don't call yourself a Raps fan and don't come on this site, simple. We're not the flippin' Nets, yo. Media and even our own "fans" are dissin' the Raps about this and that. "BC is stupid, blah-blah...." But I guarantee some of these cats talkin' yang would get all giddy seein one of the Raps players on the street like skirts. Man, I'm excited about our team and possibilities of EARNING our respect in the NBA...finally feeling like we on a mission and out to silence the critics. It just sounds like everyone is giving up on us and some are gonna jump on the Heat bandwagon. Dudes are up there like it's a fucking WWE show. Bosh is still gonna get shook when he has to face Dwight (why he's beggin' not to play Centre..he a shook bitch). Man, Raps All Day, EARLY!!!!
                          /agree

It's funny because most Raptors fans downplay our 47-35 season because of weak competition, but the Heat prime themselves to be a powerhouse and everyone is crying foul? If you're a winner, you'll find a way.

Comment

This is what Holly MacKenzie posted on her twitter feed:

"The days and months... uh, not the days and months," Been in the works for awhile? about 12 hours ago via TweetDeck
                            I presume it's a quote from Bosh. And I presume since she found it interesting it was in the context of Bosh coming to Miami.

But who knows, I didn't watch any of it.
                            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
                              I am in agreement with the difference, however, it was my intention to point out the mindset rather than absolute correlation. Afterall he did make the G&M statement in June of this year.

While the culmination of the troika signing in a single location occurred in the last few months (which the twitter message implies), the actual idea to do so/work towards, germinated at extension time 3-4 yrs. ago. No?

Such Freudian slips are "interesting" to say the least and feed into the narrative alongwith BC's statement sometime ago that something changed after the Allstar break (I paraphrase)...that something changed with CB after the allstar game (I paraphrase). The entire episode just leaves a bit of an odor for me but hope not to dwell on it much more.

Comment

Working...
                              X