Bring back Antoine Wright!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring back Antoine Wright!

What do you guy's think about brining back Antoine Wright?

He was our best defender last year and he can play and defend multiple positions, He gets along with everyone and is a good locker room guy, he works hard never takes a day off and never complains about his roll or min. He is a good mentor for Weems and Derozan and a good back up plan if someone gets hurt, we ship Turkoglu out, or Dener matches the offer for Kleiza. He would probably come at a good price.

Has anyone heard any news on the raps interest to resign him?
    Last edited by Aris; Sat Jul 10, 2010, 12:15 AM.

.... Talk about painting a bright picture, lol. I'm not sure we were watching the same games last year

Comment

If we can afford him hellz ya, he's wicked!

Comment

How do you create your own threads now? I'm not familiar with this pipe business...

Comment

I dont think the management likes him after he complained about coaching last year.Not to mention with the emergence of Sonny Weems the only real difference is Wright has better range and is a little smarter when defending. But doubtful BC brings him back, watch him go to the Heat for a min contract lol

Comment

'never complains about his roll or min'
            Sometimes I'm convinced people here spend way more time on forums than following the game. I'm looking for what's next on this team as much or more than anybody, it isn't gonna be wright, nor is he a needed piece. Dontcha know young gunz are gonna rule the wing for years to come.......seriously though we need wings with nba talent not potential, not never quite good enoughs, and in actuality, guys that mesh well with turkoglu, including a strong center, a perimeter scorer, and a less dominant pg. i.e. richard jefferson, available, tyson chandler/okafor,available, ben gordon, available, trade calderon, get lawson, flynn, holiday, lou williams, f, get alston while you're at it.Bottom line I'm in with BC, no white flags in the face of the three fags.(Yeah, I'm a little bitter still) No retreat No surrender. Would this team win it all, doubtful. Would rebuilding be a surer path to contention...just as doubtful, this franchise needs to get on with the business of being a playoff program sooner rather than later.

Comment

No way he's coming back why would he? He wouldn't be a starter, so if he's gonna be a bench player anyways he'll go to a contender and be a valuable piece to a team like say the Heat or maybe replace Barnes in Orlando if they can fit him in cap wise

Comment

Hell no!!!

Comment

Helllllllll No. Antoine Wright is a decent player but I seem to remember wincing everytime he took an ill-advised shot (about 10times/game) except for the last stretch of the season. He's got a major attitude problem (remember when he was the 10th rotation player and was calling out the coaches?) - and although he can defend, he wasn't the lockdown that Colangelo and Co. promised - we're better off without him....If I'm forced to choose between him and Belinelli then lets keep him - otherwise....Hellllll No

Comment

Shut. Your. Mouth.

Comment

Aris wrote: View Post
                      What do you guy's think about brining back Antoine Wright?

He was our best defender last year and he can play and defend multiple positions, He gets along with everyone and is a good locker room guy, he works hard never takes a day off and never complains about his roll or min. He is a good mentor for Weems and Derozan and a good back up plan if someone gets hurt, we ship Turkoglu out, or Dener matches the offer for Kleiza. He would probably come at a good price.

Has anyone heard any news on the raps interest to resign him?
                      I think he does complain. Triano isn't capable of coaching this guy without kissing his ass. He's not a bad player. I'd keep him, but Triano needs somebody a little softer than Wright.

That's not to say Triano isn't capable of coaching a good defensive player. Just not Antoine Wright, IMO.
                      "Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."
                      ~Rorschach

Comment

Okay.. I don't get why people were so against this guy, he had some pretty good games, and he always worked out there, I don't care what he did off the court with the calling out the coaches bs. I doubt they bring him back, but look at what you're offering Kleiza for very little more than Antoine was giving you, double the price.. I didn't miss a game last season, and I'm new to the forums, so don't try talking to me like I haven't been paying attention.

Also. Jose Calderon contract.. 9-11m a year in the next 3 seasons. No one is going to accept a trade for him, stop bringing up the possibility, everyone also saw what he did last year too, that goes for Marcus Banks, 5m for the next season, everyone knows that's just throwing away money, he's making more than Jarett Jack next season.. Try and compare the two.

To finish off, no one remembers anything Hedo said now that he's apologized? If Raptors staff can forgive Hedo, I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to forgive Antoine. Although, I agree he's not really fitting in to what Colangelo is trying to do right now. (probably pretty easy to forgive a guy when he played so horribly last year and his contract is kinda bloated for any kinda trade arrangements to be fair)

Comment

RIght now... all players in Antoine Wright category are being pondered upon by the HEAT .
                          THEY NEED CHEAP DECENT role players...he can fit in there.

Heck... they may even consider me....i'd play for dimes for them.

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
                            How do you create your own threads now? I'm not familiar with this pipe business...
                            you got to the to the top of the page look about 2 inches down to the left. it will say "new thread"
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Even the GOOOOuber from the BP OiL spill is headed to Miami

Comment

Working...
                              X