Your Line Up Changes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Line Up Changes?

Ok Triano might make some line Up changes tonite at least i hope so ! but we will see.... Here's mine ?

Jose
    Wright
    Hedo
    Bosh
    Amir

I know Wright hasn't done much BUT he has been outspoken about D and the coach,this is the Game to prove it. Amir has hustled, his rebound per 48 mins is sick let's see what he can do as a starter. Offensively as long as he plays under the basket 8-10 would be great and CONTESTING every shot at the D end and of course keep rebounding like he has.

Bargs can still get his minutes cause he can play 3,4 and 5 right so he shouldn't be affected too much. Jack, Demar and Bargs coming off the bench sounds better IMO. Leave Amir or Bosh in there at all times so we dont lose too much rebounding down low.

Whats yours ?
    Last edited by rdiaz101; Fri Dec 4, 2009, 04:10 PM.
    "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

I could see a guy like Weems getting thrusted into the starting lineup. I think back to when Jamario Moon was in his first year here and the team was struggling. Jamario had been playing really well in practice and in the brief moments on the court in real game time and Sam went out on a limb and threw him in the lineup. Well, it looked like a sign of brilliance at the time as Jamario delivered, gave the team a spark and Colangelo got a pat on the back for finding another "diamond in the rough". I could see a similar action now.

Comment

Andrea out. Rasho in. Give Jose another couple games, if he doesn't D up, get Jack in.

Comment

Lineup

Jose
        Derozan
        Hedo
        Bosh
        Amir

Btw, as an aside, Hedo should be running the pick and roll from the top w/ either Bosh or Bargs on a regular basis and then swinging the ball weak side to Jose when the team over compensates...this is his strength and it will get him more looks and more foul shots.
        He seems to be standing still in this offence waiting for the ball, trying to create off the dribble, or shooting after one pass. It leads to a stagnant offence...and a stagnant attitude towards the whole game.

Comment

Gusser wrote: View Post
          Jose
          Derozan
          Hedo
          Bosh
          Amir

Btw, as an aside, Hedo should be running the pick and roll from the top w/ either Bosh or Bargs on a regular basis and then swinging the ball weak side to Jose when the team over compensates...this is his strength and it will get him more looks and more foul shots.
          He seems to be standing still in this offence waiting for the ball, trying to create off the dribble, or shooting after one pass. It leads to a stagnant offence...and a stagnant attitude towards the whole game.
          I like Amir to come off the bench because of the energy he brings. If you put him in the starting lineup, you'll be relying on Bargnani/Rasho to do that. Not gonna happen.

Re: Hedo PNR

Preaching to the choir here. I'd at least like to see it a few times before deciding whether it's a viable long-term strategy, sounds good enough on paper, though.

Comment

Arsenalist, I have never been a fan of the theory that you need to bring energy off the bench. Energy comes from the sun, not the bench. If my coach tells me to play ball, that's what I do. End of story.
            I coach 13 yr old kids, and if any of them boxed out like Bargnani, or missed on a switch like he does, I would quietly explain why he was sitting at the end of the bench and put in someone who could play responsible defense (seriously). Then in practice, I would drill the heck out of them till they got it.
            He can come off the bench and play against the second unit until he can show that he knows how to box out...his defensive lapses are infectious.

Comment

Gusser wrote: View Post
              Arsenalist, I have never been a fan of the theory that you need to bring energy off the bench. Energy comes from the sun, not the bench. If my coach tells me to play ball, that's what I do. End of story.
              I coach 13 yr old kids, and if any of them boxed out like Bargnani, or missed on a switch like he does, I would quietly explain why he was sitting at the end of the bench and put in someone who could play responsible defense (seriously). Then in practice, I would drill the heck out of them till they got it.
              He can come off the bench and play against the second unit until he can show that he knows how to box out...his defensive lapses are infectious.
              Point taken. But look at the successful teams around the league, they all have a guy in the second unit who provides that lift: Luke Walton, DeJuan Blair, Birdman, Jared Dudley, JJ Hickson, Kirilenko, Drew Gooden etc.

I think Amir coming off the bench isn't the problem, he's doing a fine job in that role and there's no reason to disrupt that. It's one of the few things that's actually working this year and I don't see a point in changing that. The team hasn't even been that bad in terms of effort/rebounding in the opening quarter so I really don't see what he might add.

Let him finish games, isn't that what really matters? Case in point tonight as he made the big defensive play against Arenas.

Also, I'm not advocating Bargnani staying in the starting lineup. Let Rasho start like in 06-07 and have Johnson clean up Bargnani's misses.

Comment

I agree with Arse.

Amir is not going to get any better starting, yet you consciously suppress Andrea. That is not efficient.

Keep Andrea as starter, do what it takes to get him to hustle, the kid is good when he hustles. Reward Amir with more time, still an upgrade. This way you allow for both of their potentials to be realized.

Sitting a 7 footer is probably worse than coaching him.
                Last edited by trizzo; Sat Dec 5, 2009, 02:28 AM.

Comment

I'm not convinced that Amir fulfills his potential without being given a starting position. I think he needs those long minutes/increased responsibilities + matchups against elite opponents to work his way through his defensive flaws + foul problems.

But I don't really see that as a big deal ... I'd be amazed if Amir was in the Raptors long term plans. He has stop gap signing written all over him.

Thus, finding ways to help Amir fulfill his potential shouldn't be a priority.
                  nbaroundtable

Comment

Working...
                  X