Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Are Your Top 3 Players The Raps Developed ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Are Your Top 3 Players The Raps Developed ?

im not talkin about VC who we knew coming is was gona be great... im talkin late 1st round pick / 2nd round picks who maybe struggled for a year or 2 n then stepped up their game ?

Noone!!!!!!!!!

Comment

gotta say arujo turned out pretty good :P:P

Comment

rapsfan wrote: View Post
        noone!!!!!!!!!
        exactly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

does calderon count?

Comment

the only person who fits your criteria is Mo Pete..

they havent exactly made the most out of their late 1st round / 2nd round picks

Comment

Jose Calderon probably fits that description the best, especially considering he wasn't even drafted. I know, he developed his game in Europe, but he's made huge strides from his rookie year to where he is now.

Comment

matt bonner?
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Here's something scary though... Mo Pete (21st overall in 2000) is the latest pick in Raptors history to have ever had a legitimate NBA career. (Uros Slokar and P.J. Tucker don't count. )

Comment

jrdyck wrote: View Post
                    Here's something scary though... Mo Pete (21st overall in 2000) is the latest pick in Raptors history to have ever had a legitimate NBA career. (Uros Slokar and P.J. Tucker don't count. )
                    fuck in 10 years ?? not one pleasant surprise ? not even a decent role player ?

how can this franchise be serious about winning ?

Comment

Alvin Williams!!

Comment

Although we didn't draft him, does Carlos Delfino count. I mean, he ddidn't get much playing time with the Pistons, and he pretty much got to show what he could do when he got here.

Comment

I would say:
                          1. Bosh: He grew massively since arriving.
                          2. Carter: He started off at a much higher level than Bosh.
                          3. Pick a name, no one who's been here a long time stands out like these two above.

f91ultra wrote: View Post
                          does calderon count?
                          Hmmm, I think not. He was a pretty solid player when he showed up. He struggled in his first year due to a leg injury but beyond that he was good then.
                          Last edited by Apollo; Mon Jul 12, 2010, 07:57 PM.

Comment

1. Alvin Williams (credit brakeman1; good call)
                            2. Chris Bosh (as I've posted before, owes a lot to Mitchell and English for that)
                            3. Tie between Mo Pete and Doug Christie (latter having his best years as a Raptor, IMO)
                            "Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."
                            ~Rorschach

Comment

Well, yeah.. I'm sadly disappointed in our scouting and drafting, a key part in our moving forward. Some of their draft players were just complete busts who hardly played in the NBA at all.. 5th overall in 99', Jonathan Bender.. We traded him immediately for Antonio Davis, that really didn't work out for Indiana. Kareem Rush wasn't a total bust at 20th overall, but he was traded away immediately as well.

4 first round total busts at a glance, but just looking at the history here.. We've acquired a number of first round picks from trades that don't show up in the records, and it doesn't say what happened.. I'd assume they'd mention if they traded them away. (on wiki page for Raps draft history btw)

On a high note, with our latest 3 picks, Hibbert, Derozan, and Ed Davis, maybe we're turning a corner? Or maybe they were complete obvious choices.. Has Colangelo done anything to improve scouting? It's not really mentioned a lot.

Comment

Working...
                              X