Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRADE: Turkoglu For Barbosa and Jones (Update On Pg. 29)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KakashiPrince wrote: View Post
    I don't really get the Jose trade. If Hedo is traded and Barbosa is added to the raptor roster (which make Jack redundant) why not trade Jack instead of Jose?

We have a young team... which could lead to turnover prone (and our young players don't have a good ball handling skills...yet) ...and Amir will be the first player to be sad that Jose is gone.
    Malefax made two important points, but in addition to those is that Jack works very well chemistry wise with DeRozan, Weems, and Amir. I don't think BC wants to kill that off-court chemistry, at least not yet.

Comment

• Wait we are trading away Evans too? O_o

Comment

• geebee wrote: View Post
        I may be wrong about this, and I'll understand if people disagree with me, but my problem isn't just that Beli is inconsistent. It's that he's a shoot-first guy AND he's inconsistent. Last season, it killed me watching players like Wright and Beli kill rallies by deciding they were going to play the hero.

Barbosa can offer everything Beli can, as well as the work ethic he picked up from his friend Nash in Phoenix. If we can spare a 2, and we can, I'd rather lose Beli and keep the strong relationship DeRozan and Weems have built.
        Belinelli is now one of the best passers on the team and inconsistent, or not, the Raptors need him right now. Besides, it does not appear he's included in the deal, either way.

Mess wrote: View Post
        Why? He's playing for his next contract and he buys them a year to see how quickly Davis can develop.
        Quite simply, the Raptors don't need Chandler unless they intend to trade Bargnani (oh, please!!!). There are simply not enough minutes for Bargnani, Davis, Johnson and Chandler. The only way the Raptors will know if Davis is progressing and help him develop is if he gets minutes. And if you take minutes away from Chandler, then you lower his trade value. It's a no win situation.

The only way I see this working is if everyone of the big men play only 24 mpg.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tpe

don't forget that Raptors are getting a seperate Trade exception for The turk trade around 2.7 to 3 mil

Comment

• Its Calderon and Evans for Chandler

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/bas.../14687706.html

Comment

• Pulled this off without even using the TPE, Man BC is a beast!

Comment

• asrosar wrote: View Post
                don't forget that Raptors are getting a seperate Trade exception for The turk trade around 2.7 to 3 mil
                Um, where'd you get that from?

Comment

• By aquiring Chandler and holding on to the TPE, could this be a way to at to attract Chris Paul? Those two had great chemistry when they played together.

I know it's a huge risk because Paul will most likely Opt for free agency unless B.C can put a winner around him. I think it's worth it.

Comment

• Is there a filter that can be put on the forums to block out Chris Paul's name?

Or perhaps it's better to let people keep dreaming.

And if you take minutes away from Chandler, then you lower his trade value. It's a no win situation.

Ok good points. I concede. Get rid of him for Battier (+ other)
                    Last edited by Mess; Mon Jul 12, 2010, 03:32 PM.
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Chandler / Johnson / Alabi
                      Bargs / Davis
                      Diaw / Kleiza
                      DeRozan / Weems / Beli / Barbosa
                      Jack / Barbosa / Banks

I can't see any way this team goes anywhere without a talented pass-first PG, and we simply don't have anybody. What we do seem to have is overwhelming depth at the 2. I don't see the problem up front. Bargs is natural PF, so Chandler gives us better defense at C. Davis and Johnson get their touches.

We're still weak at SF and PG, and those positions will need to be addressed.

Edit:

How about this?

Chandler / Johnson / Alabi
                      Bargs / Davis
                      Weems / Kleiza
                      DeRozan / Barbosa
                      _____ / Jack

I like that... but it still leaves Diaw....
                      Last edited by geebee; Mon Jul 12, 2010, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• PG

BC must have a move in the works for legit PG - likely with a team wanting to dump salary... no this does not mean Chris Paul is a possibility, but there are others out there.

Comment

• On a completely random note this just popped up on my twitter feed I thought it was funny
                          DanGilbertCavs

ANNOUNCEMENT: December 7 will be Chris Bosh night. All couples must bring a random homeless person as a 3rd wheel for their date.
                          3 minutes ago via web

Comment

• Coojma wrote: View Post
                            Forgive me, but I'm unsure how the numbers add up.

Salary Cap: $58.04 million

Committed: $71.2 million (Approximate)

Barganani 8
                            Johnson 5.5
                            Kleiza 4.5
                            DeRozan 2.5
                            Davis 1.5
                            Alabi 1
                            Dorsey 1

Diaw 9
                            Barbosa 7.1
                            Jack 4.9
                            Belenelli 2.4
                            Evans 5.1
                            Banks 4.75
                            Chandler 13.1

Perhaps I'm completely missing something, but we would have to deal our expiring contracts right away ($22 million in Evans, Banks and Chandler) to make this work.

I can't recall where I read it but I did read an article stating that Chandler was going to opt out of his deal or had already done so. A deal may have been made with Chandler agreeing to opt out before the Raptors made the trade?

Comment

• Chandler is in the last year of his deal. If it was a player option it's way too late for him to do it now.
                              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                                Quite simply, the Raptors don't need Chandler unless they intend to trade Bargnani (oh, please!!!). There are simply not enough minutes for Bargnani, Davis, Johnson and Chandler. The only way the Raptors will know if Davis is progressing and help him develop is if he gets minutes. And if you take minutes away from Chandler, then you lower his trade value. It's a no win situation.

I disagree. I don't think we need to give Davis a very prominent role. Something like 10-14 mpg is fine imo.

Bargnani 34-36 mpg
                                Johnson 24-28 mpg
                                Chandler 24-28 mpg
                                Davis 10-14 mpg

Playing Chandler for less than starter minutes is smart considering his injury history. Playing Johnson less than starter minutes may be necessary due to foul rate. And then Davis can pick up the rest.

Comment

Working...
                                X