Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRADE: Turkoglu For Barbosa and Jones (Update On Pg. 29)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow talk about Suns re-union, might as well sign Raja Bell and I hope BC acquires a draft pick from Bobcats. But I think Boris Diaw addresses rebounding, low-post d, gritty player, and he can play at 3. Solid pick-up with Barbosa and Diaw but we have a log-jam at 1 spot, we need a 3 and 5. Both of these guys have 2 years left on contract so it's not as bad as it sounds
    Last edited by d1m45h; Mon Jul 12, 2010, 01:29 AM.

Comment

rev20002 wrote: View Post
      so to confirm we'd be gettting some of phoenix's trade excemption via the amare deal and using 9 from the 16 to sign diaw, that would leave 7 left over, plus whatever we get via the barbosa-hedo deal?
      No. what i'm suggesting is:

1)Phoenix uses Amare TPE to get Hedo from us, which gives us a 2nd TPE worth around 9 Million.

2)Raptors uses part of Chris Bosh TPE to acquire Barbosa from Suns, letting us have around 7.5-8 mil leftover from that (so at this point we have 1 TPE worth 7.5-8, and another TPE worth 9)

3) Raptors usest he TPE worth 9 mil from the hedo trade to acquire Diaw, leaving us with the TPE worth 7.5 (Leftover from bosh).

This is alot better than having 2 smaller TPEs imo

Comment

ThaInfamouz wrote: View Post
        For the first time, BC is Pritchslapping(named after the former Portland TrailBlazers GM with lopsided draft trades and acquisitions - Kevin "Pritchslapping" Pritchard) another GM not the other way round like Riley did to him.. Kudos BC, you can now pop your collars and you just saved your job and reputation. . Anybody think that the TPE and some draft picks(to sweeten the pot) should be used to acquire Collison(PG of the future) and Posey(our starting defensive SF), we trade Jose for draft picks and we are good to go(What's more, we get a TPE with the difference back, approx. $9m in TPE(assuming Collison and Posey contracts are $8m in total))..

Comment

f91ultra wrote: View Post
          No. what i'm suggesting is:

1)Phoenix uses Amare TPE to get Hedo from us, which gives us a 2nd TPE worth around 9 Million.

2)Raptors uses part of Chris Bosh TPE to acquire Barbosa from Suns, letting us have around 7.5-8 mil leftover from that (so at this point we have 1 TPE worth 7.5-8, and another TPE worth 9)

3) Raptors usest he TPE worth 9 mil from the hedo trade to acquire Diaw, leaving us with the TPE worth 7.5 (Leftover from bosh).

This is alot better than having 2 smaller TPEs imo
          ah i see what you are saying. i was thinking it was a hedo-barbosa trade and then phoenix would make the rest of the salary difference up via the tpe

Comment

I don't think we should grab Diaw. He isn't a game changer. I think we should just get someone similar but much cheaper.
            We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

You know its just a matter of time before Steve Nash will become a Raptor. When Colangelo likes players, he never lets them go out of his sight (unless they suck after he aquires them).

Comment

I personally think this means kleiza (unfortunately) will not be coming to raptors

Comment

Kleiza is coming because they signed him to offer sheet, plus we have nobady at 3 right now. Diaw is PF primary SF secondary

Comment

f91ultra wrote: View Post
                    I personally think this means kleiza (unfortunately) will not be coming to raptors
                    I think he will. Why would Denver match an offer sheet when the player stated he doesnt want to play in Denver? Its not like they missed him last year

Comment

Wow talk about Suns re-union, might as well sign Raja Bell.I hope BC acquires at lest a 2nd round draft pick from Bobcats. But I think Boris Diaw addresses rebounding, low-post d, gritty player, and he can play at 3. Solid pick-up with Barbosa and Diaw but we have a log-jam at 1 & 4 spot, we need a 3 and 5. Both of these guys have 2 years left on contract so it's not as bad as it sounds. I would be happier if we could ship Calderon and expirings Banks and/or Reggie.

Comment

Depth chart if trades happen

Ct - Bargnani/Alabi
                        PF - Johnson/Davis
                        SF - Diaw/Kleiza or maybe Kleiza/Diaw
                        SG - DeRozan/Barbosa (Neither one whom can make threes)
                        PG - Jack/Calderon

Odd man out Weems?
                        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                          Depth chart if trades happen

Ct - Bargnani/Alabi
                          PF - Johnson/Davis
                          SF - Diaw/Kleiza or maybe Kleiza/Diaw
                          SG - DeRozan/Barbosa (Neither one whom can make threes)
                          PG - Jack/Calderon

Odd man out Weems?
                          Forgetting Reggie Evans, Marcus Banks, Marco Belinelli all of them have guaranteed contracts for next year

Have you watched Suns play? Barbosa can make threes and play PG

Comment

wtf...why is he using TPE on such worthless players.
                            I like the hedo trade but getting Diaw for TPE is just awful...
                            BC needs to use it later on in the season when teams with expectations are struggling!

By adding Diaw you stop Weems development... Barbosa is fine but plz dont add Diaw especially if ur adding Kleiza to the mix (LOGJAM)

Comment

Yeah, it looks like the Raptors got Diaw as part of the deal with the Suns.

The current roster for the 2010-2011 season:

PG: Leandro Barbosa / Jarret Jack / Jose Calderon
                              SG: Demar Derozan / Sonny Weems / Marco Belinelli
                              SF: Linus Kleiza / Boris Diaw
                              PF: Amir Johnson / Ed Davis / Reggie Evans
                              C: Andrea Bargnani / Solomon Alabi

That's not bad, although probably not good enough to make the playoffs. I'm not much of a Diaw fan, but he's a pretty good facilitator. I'm hoping that Colangelo will trade Calderon for a solid backup at the 5.

Comment

definately agree with you...BC is wasting TPE, fk -_-

Comment

Working...
                                X