Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRADE: Turkoglu For Barbosa and Jones (Update On Pg. 29)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diaw only has one year left on his contract, which only contributes to further long-term financial flexibility. Obviously using part of the TPE diminishes some flexibility now, but it would've expired in a year and I doubt we would be able to use all of it (16 mill) to acquire just one player.
    So using part of the TPE in this scenario is not a bad thing, even if Diaw is not the greatest of players. At least he's serviceable and can play the SF position, which is where there is some lack of depth.

Comment

Yeaaaaa diawwwww!!! this guy bosh to school this year. He dropped 32 on us bosh was too slow and diaw was too skilled for him

Comment

AllenL2R wrote: View Post
        Yeah, it looks like the Raptors got Diaw as part of the deal with the Suns.

The current roster for the 2010-2011 season:

PG: Leandro Barbosa / Jarret Jack / Jose Calderon
        SG: Demar Derozan / Sonny Weems / Marco Belinelli
        SF: Linus Kleiza / Boris Diaw
        PF: Amir Johnson / Ed Davis / Reggie Evans
        C: Andrea Bargnani / Solomon Alabi

That's not bad, although probably not good enough to make the playoffs. I'm not much of a Diaw fan, but he's a pretty good facilitator. I'm hoping that Colangelo will trade Calderon for a solid backup at the 5.
        Not bad but Barbosa isn't a point guard. Don't get it twisted, he's a 2 guard in a point guard's body...just like Jameer Nelson.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
          Depth chart if trades happen

Ct - Bargnani/Alabi
          PF - Johnson/Davis
          SF - Diaw/Kleiza or maybe Kleiza/Diaw
          SG - DeRozan/Barbosa (Neither one whom can make threes)
          PG - Jack/Calderon

Odd man out Weems?
          I think they are trying to go for length, thats the only reason to bring in diaw. barbosa doesn't make any sense unless they are using him solely for his speed hoping he can stay infront of guards, kinda the way they used Lue to guard iverson.

Comment

Diaw and Barbosa have 2 years left on thier contarct, so rather than waiting for TPE to expire, it expires at the end of season, we can use servicables guys. So even if these guys don't work we don't waste our TPE and at worst we are going to be in a lottery for next 2 years

Comment

d1m45h wrote: View Post
              Forgetting Reggie Evans, Marcus Banks, Marco Belinelli all of them have guaranteed contracts for next year

Have you watched Suns play? Barbosa can make threes and play PG
              You must have watched the old Suns play. Last year he shot a pathetic 32% from beyond the arc. He has only average over 1.5 3PFG per game twice in his career. He is no point guard. Look Amir can play point guard too that doesn't make him one. Barbosa's career assists per 36 minutes in 3.7 and Turnovers 2.1. He is no PG at least not someone the Raptors want to play there. Barbosa is a quick undersized SG with mediocre defense and once upon a time could make shots from beyond the arc.
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Yeah, it looks like the Raptors got Diaw as part of the deal with the Suns.

The current roster for the 2010-2011 season:

PG: Leandro Barbosa / Jarret Jack / Jose Calderon
                SG: Demar Derozan / Sonny Weems / Marco Belinelli
                SF: Linus Kleiza / Boris Diaw
                PF: Amir Johnson / Ed Davis / Reggie Evans
                C: Andrea Bargnani / Solomon Alabi

That's not bad, although probably not good enough to make the playoffs. I'm not much of a Diaw fan, but he's a pretty good facilitator. I'm hoping that Colangelo will trade Calderon for a solid backup at the 5.
                Everyone is putting Derozan as a starter, what is up with that?. The Derozan guy can not defend his position, why not start Weems that is better defensively and is a known commodity with the mid-range game? If Triano starts Demar because he is our rookie and Weems deserves the starting spot, it will be an injustice..

Comment

EverythingBlaxx wrote: View Post
                  Not bad but Barbosa isn't a point guard. Don't get it twisted, he's a 2 guard in a point guard's body...just like Jameer Nelson.
                  Leandro can play the point, and that's the position I hope he'll play for us. He brings quickness and shooting to the team and should make a good addition.

Comment

smushmush wrote: View Post
                    Everyone is putting Derozan as a starter, what is up with that?. The Derozan guy can not defend his position, why not start Weems that is better defensively and is a known commodity with the mid-range game? If Triano starts Demar because he is our rookie and Weems deserves the starting spot, it will be an injustice..
                    It doesn't really matter whether Demar or Sonny starts; they're very similar players and should play about the same number of minutes. (As long as Belinelli stays glued to the bench, I'll be happy.)

Comment

Still think we can package Calderon and Marco to Indiana for Granger.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                        I think they are trying to go for length, thats the only reason to bring in diaw. barbosa doesn't make any sense unless they are using him solely for his speed hoping he can stay infront of guards, kinda the way they used Lue to guard iverson.
                        I agree with you on this. I do think Barbosa can hold his only coming off of the bench as a SG depending on who he is asked to guard. He has played PG but with a career Asst/TO ratio of of about 1.76 the Raptors don't want him spending too much time at the point.

I think while neither Kleiza, Barabosa or Diaw are going to get you too many wins they are not going to hurt you either. Good solid players who can give good minutes.

Careers WS/48 - league average .100
                        -------------------
                        Barbosa --.112 (last season only .065)
                        Diaw------.084 (last season .103)
                        Kleiza-----.103
                        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                          You must have watched the old Suns play. Last year he shot a pathetic 32% from beyond the arc. He has only average over 1.5 3PFG per game twice in his career. He is no point guard. Look Amir can play point guard too that doesn't make him one. Barbosa's career assists per 36 minutes in 3.7 and Turnovers 2.1. He is no PG at least not someone the Raptors want to play there. Barbosa is a quick undersized SG with mediocre defense and once upon a time could make shots from beyond the arc.
                          The reason his shots went down because he was injured late in 2008-2009 season, against Raptors by the way =P. Missed most of 2009-2010 season and played at the end of season and playoffs. He's also been backing up Nash until Dragic was drafted by Suns

Comment

It doesn't really matter whether Demar or Sonny starts; they're very similar players and should play about the same number of minutes. (As long as Belinelli stays glued to the bench, I'll be happy.)
                            they need to move belinelli tbh

Comment

Tmar wrote: View Post
                              Still think we can package Calderon and Marco to Indiana for Granger.
                              did Larry Bird recently suffer brain damage?
                              You can find me on Twitter.

Comment

Raptors wrote: View Post
                                definately agree with you...BC is wasting TPE, fk -_-
                                x2

Comment

Working...
                                X