Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRADE: Turkoglu For Barbosa and Jones (Update On Pg. 29)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Jordan only really thought about what he was doing once it got too dark to finish his round of golf.

(though it's looking like it's unfair to put the fault completely on him - even if it is the most enjoyable)
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• rapsfan wrote: View Post
      if jose stays we re in real trouble i just hope the trade goes down
      I'm not quite sure how keeping Jose makes the Raptors in trouble. He'd be really the only one who can run an offense on the entire team, and one of the few returning players on the team who consistently made a positive impact on the court.

I've said it many times, but far too many people around hear vastly underestimate Calderon's impact on the floor.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• @WojYahooNBA Charlotte has traded Tyson Chandler and Alex Ajinca to Dallas for Dampier, Matt Carroll & Najera.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
          I'm not quite sure how keeping Jose makes the Raptors in trouble. He'd be really the only one who can run an offense on the entire team, and one of the few returning players on the team who consistently made a positive impact on the court.

I've said it many times, but far too many people around hear vastly underestimate Calderon's impact on the floor.
          This becomes especially true when you consider Weems, Derozan, Johnson and Davis will get significant playing time. You are going to need a player on the floor like Calderon who knows the game and who can control the offense and get the right shots for the right players. With Calderon on the floor they'd be playing as a team and the young players would learn the game better with a point guard like him in comparison to JJ.

Actually, if the Raps are going to keep Barbosa (to play behind Jose), I would like to see Jack moved, and perhaps some other assets, for a good SG to play backup for Weems, and have Derozan become the starting 3, Johnson at the 4 and Bargs at the 5. This starting lineup wouldn't win us a whole lotta games, but it would do amazing things for getting Weems, Derozan and Johnson up to starter calibre.Davis and Alabi would be the backup 4/5's and the same would be said for their development.

Having a 15m TPE and 19m in expirings would provide enough room for augmentation and progress in the future as is. This isn't a rebuild, as we already have the core together. It's that word BC keeps throwing out there, "evolving," and requires a level of trust that the young players you've already acquired have the talent to make your team better rather than the undermining of confidence that is implied by scrambling to add mediocre veterans to eat into their playing and development time.

Edit: wait, i see now that Barbosa has a player option for next year...never mind that. Still. My point is valid.
          Last edited by jeff_hostetler; Tue Jul 13, 2010, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
            Actually, if the Raps are going to keep Barbosa (to play behind Jose), I would like to see Jack moved, and perhaps some other assets, for a good SG to play backup for Weems, and have Derozan become the starting 3, Johnson at the 4 and Bargs at the 5. This starting lineup wouldn't win us a whole lotta games, but it would do amazing things for getting Weems, Derozan and Johnson up to starter calibre.Davis and Alabi would be the backup 4/5's and the same would be said for their development.
            Jack certainly should bring in better talent in trade, and Calderon would certainly be the better PG to keep for any fans who want to continue seeing those ally-oops to Weems, DeRozan, Johnson and now Davis.

I think Belinelli is more than enough as a backup behind Weems, if DeRozan started at 3. Consistent minutes might do wonders for him.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• I still think Jose is out of here. Jack and Barbosa can run the offense...

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                I still think Jose is out of here. Jack and Barbosa can run the offense...
                Jack and Barbosa can man the PG position. I'd hesitate to say that they could run the offense. Of course, since we're not worried about winning next season, then I'm all for it.
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Come on now, if Jose is better than Jack it ain't by much. We're not talking about losing Steve Nash or anything.

Comment

• I always thought Barbosa was a 2? I've got a lot of time for Jose, but if pressed I'd probably take Jack - he's a little younger and more explosive than Jose. Both of them are damn good point guards though. Barbosa's not a big playmaker and I'm pretty sure he's not an 7+ assist per game guy. I see him as more of a slasher and potential scorer. Is the plan really to have him play the point?
                    "Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."
                    ~Rorschach

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Come on now, if Jose is better than Jack it ain't by much. We're not talking about losing Steve Nash or anything.
                      Overall, I'd agree, although I do give Jose the edge. Running an offense, Jose is miles ahead. There's no contest. Calderon is certainly no Steve Nash, but he's still one of the best in the league at it.
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• When is deal going to be official?

Comment

• Right now if Calderon were sold for a good center player defensively that we should not tap into the team because after Belinelli jack is the one that has as dribbling and passing trio of 3. Barbosa is a player very fast penetration and attack by unpredictability

Comment

• insight_tor wrote: View Post
                            When is deal going to be official?
                            I think Colangelo may be working on a third team to take the Bobcats' place.

Comment

• It's done boys, phew!

http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/barb...de_071410.html

Comment

• Turkoglu Trade Is Now Official

Just got an email from Suns PR -- Turkoglu trade now official. Barbosa, Jones to Toronto.
                                Link

Also, Raptors official statement:

http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/barb...de_071410.html

The Toronto Raptors announced Wednesday they have acquired guard Leandro Barbosa (lee-AN-dro BAR-bow-sa) and forward-centre Dwayne Jones from the Phoenix Suns in exchange for forward Hedo Turkoglu.

“Leandro Barbosa is a player I'm quite familiar with and I'm very pleased that he is coming to Toronto,” said Raptors President and General Manager Bryan Colangelo. “His speed, quickness and scoring ability will mesh well with our desired playing style and talented young athletes.
                                Cheers ,Doc

Comment

Working...
                                X