Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRADE: Turkoglu For Barbosa and Jones (Update On Pg. 29)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have a strong feeling that we might get tony parker because san antonio needs a center and we can offer chandler now

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
      Is there a filter that can be put on the forums to block out Chris Paul's name?

Or perhaps it's better to let people keep dreaming.

Ok good points. I concede. Get rid of him for Battier (+ other)
      Now that we cut the dead weight off the roster or almost anyway it's time to start getting serious about the most pressing issue the Raptors have had for years, a star not even superstar starting PG.

Of all the PG's that are in some way attainable Nash, Harris, Paul, Collison, and even possibly Deron Williams. Paul would be the best fit with a young athletic team.
      From what I read on ESPN via the deseretnews Williams isn't sure about the Jazz competing.

http://www.deseretnews.com/mobile/ar...iscontent.html

Wiliams would be a harder get than Paul at this point by far.
      Sloan loves him way too much.
      Last edited by Hellgate; Mon Jul 12, 2010, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• Okay, time for some serious straightening out.

As has been reported it is a single, multi-team deal. There will be NO TPE GENERATED. The total salaries are in the range of 23 million going out, 28 million coming in, so it fits under the simultaneous trade condition (+/- 25%).

It will be Evans (probably) Turk and Jose for Barbosa, Diaw and Chandler.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• i say tony parker

Comment

• They will keep chandler and probably do nothing else. The Lakers haven't had a ball dominating point guard in years and they've won back to back titles. I like how the raptors are set up currently and like to see how they do with this group. Very athletic group that should be able to play defense, rebound and run. Big fan of Sonny Weems and hope that he is the starting two. Weems is one of the fastest guys in the league and can jump with anyone in the league, it would be nice to see Weems up for the MIP award this year.

Comment

• rapsfan wrote: View Post
              i have a strong feeling that we might get tony parker because san antonio needs a center and we can offer chandler now
              Hey...now someone's thinking. Their salaries are exactly the same, even. No doubt a C - precisely like Chandler - fits right into the SA mold. He'd be a perfect fit there with Duncan (age 34) and McDyess (age 35), with Blair in the wings.

Parker on the Raps? Ridiculous, man. I would love that.

Comment

• jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
                Hey...now someone's thinking. Their salaries are exactly the same, even. No doubt a C - precisely like Chandler - fits right into the SA mold. He'd be a perfect fit there with Duncan (age 34) and McDyess (age 35), with Blair in the wings.

Parker on the Raps? Ridiculous, man. I would love that.
                Plus he is a Euro it has to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111
                I dont really see Colangelo doing anything else to this roster. This was a major trade and really most of our rotation players are now set. Yeah i could see us making a deal for a PG but i just dont see us getting a big name PG. also if we are going to aquire a new point its goign to be a pass first point gaurd. We dont need any more scorers.

Edit: I already know im going to regret saying Colangelo is done making changes to the roster, all this guy does it make deals lol
                Last edited by INFO; Mon Jul 12, 2010, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• Frankthetank wrote: View Post
                  The Lakers haven't had a ball dominating point guard in years and they've won back to back titles.
                  Yeah, I'm thinking that might have something to do with Kobe.
                  Without Kobe, I'm thinking the Raps will need someone to distribute the ball.
                  Right now, they've got pretty much nobody.

Comment

• rapsfan wrote: View Post
                    i have a strong feeling that we might get tony parker because san antonio needs a center and we can offer chandler now
                    Tiago Splitter is expected to sign with the Spurs in the next few days, or so. In other words, they won't need a center.

As for Tony Parker, I think he's an excellent player and would help any team he goes to, but he's the wrong type of player for the Raptors right now. He's a guy you'd get if you want to compete right now.

I don't think there's any reason the Raptors need to find a PG right now. You guys seem to want to completely set the roster, when it's better to wait. There will be plenty of PGs available in the draft next year. If the Raptors trade Chandler, I'd like to see him moved for either a draft pick or another young player.

Frankthetank wrote: View Post
                    The Lakers haven't had a ball dominating point guard in years and they've won back to back titles.
                    The Lakers also run the triangle offense which runs through Kobe. A PG like Chris Paul or someone like that would be useless in that system. Last time I checked, the Raptors neither run the triangle offense nor have a SG you can run the offense through.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• IMO, the Raptors future PG should come from the 2011 draft in the form of Kyrie Irving (Freshman from Duke). He would be a great fit to the Young Gunz movement.

Comment

• Calderon to Bobcats

Jose Calderon has been dealt to the Bobcats in a three-team deal.

http://nbaprimetime.com/yahoo-sports...-bobcats/2785/

Comment

• holy fuck, buck!

are you a spambot created by kyrie irvings people to rep for him?

that dude might not see a lot of time playing behind seth curry, who is the guy i'd like to see in a raps uniform in a couple of years

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                            Tiago Splitter is expected to sign with the Spurs in the next few days, or so. In other words, they won't need a center.
                            He may be the best center outside the NBA but that doesn't mean he can come in and contribute right away. He was outside the NBA for a reason.

I'll be surprised if he turns out to be more than a serviceable center--keyword: serviceable.

Comment

• IF (yes, a BIG IF) Denver were to match the Raptors' offer for Kleiza, I would love to see BC flip Barbosa & TPE to New Orleans for Stojakovic & Collison. Stojakovic becomes the backup SF behind Diaw, is a $15M expiring contract and is one of the large contracts that NO wants gone as a price to grab Collison. Collison becomes the starting PG with Jack being a good fit running the second unit!

C: Chandler / Alabi (12th man)
                              PF: Bargnani / Johnson / Davis
                              SF: Diaw / Stojakovic
                              SG: DeRozan / Weems / Belinelli (11th man)
                              PG: Collison / Jack

Bench: Dorsey & Banks

Not only is the lineup solid, but it has a good young core and about $31M in expiring contracts (Chandler/Stojakovic/Banks) to use as trade assets at this season's trade deadline! Also, in this scenario, the Raptors would still have their MLE this season
                              Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Mon Jul 12, 2010, 05:51 PM.

Comment

• YKOil wrote: View Post
                                Depending on how Dwayne Jones' years of service are calculated he is due as much as $990k. From what I can tell:

9.80 .. Turkoglu
                                FOR
                                7.10 .. Barbosa
                                0.99 .. Jones

Total $8.09 * 1.25 = $10.11 (so this trade works)
                                Salaries have to be within +/- 15%.
                                $8.09 * 1.15 = 9.3035.

Thus, it fails.

Comment

Working...
                                X