X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to see
    PF: Bargs, Davis
    C: Chandler, Amir

the only reason i say this is because since Davis is a rookie, we should ease him into the NBA. the PF position is where he can be most effective RIGHT NOW since he doesnt have much muscle and strength. Amir is reportedly 5'9. but i suspect he is around 5'10.

Comment

Chandler / Johnson / Alabi
      Bargs / Johnson / Davis
      Diaw / Kleiza
      DeRozan / Weems
      Barbosa / Jack / Banks

Comment

I would love to see Denver match Kleiza's offer, then have BC try and flip Barbosa and the TPE to New Orleans for Stojakovic & Collison! Then the lineup would look like this:

C: Chandler / Alabi (12th man)
        PF: Bargnani / Johnson / Davis
        SF: Diaw / Stojakovic
        SG: DeRozan / Weems / Belinelli (11th man)
        PG: Collison / Jack
        BENCH: Dorsey / Banks

Great lineup, with $31M in expiring contracts (Stojakovic/Chandler/Banks)! And the Raptors would still have their MLE!

Am I drinking the BC Koolaid again??? Or could this work, given the sweet 3-way deal he's about to pull off???

Comment

were a lot less euro with calderon and turk gone now even though we got barbosa and diaw back?
          Chandler - Alabi
          Bargnani - Diaw - Davis
          Weems - Kleiza
          Derozan - Barbosa - Bellinelli (also plays point)
          Jack - Banks

On a starting five who would you rather have guarding threes derozan or weems?

Comment

The line up will be allright but still better than last year id Chandler,Diaw and Barbosa are added.
            "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              I would love to see Denver match Kleiza's offer, then have BC try and flip Barbosa and the TPE to New Orleans for Stojakovic & Collison! Then the lineup would look like this:

C: Chandler / Alabi (12th man)
              PF: Bargnani / Johnson / Davis
              SF: Diaw / Stojakovic
              SG: DeRozan / Weems / Belinelli (11th man)
              PG: Collison / Jack
              BENCH: Dorsey / Banks

Great lineup, with $31M in expiring contracts (Stojakovic/Chandler/Banks)! And the Raptors would still have their MLE!

Am I drinking the BC Koolaid again??? Or could this work, given the sweet 3-way deal he's about to pull off???
              I think you're drunk off the Koolaid lol

Comment

geebee wrote: View Post
                Agreed. BC may not have made the Raps tremendously better, but he's given himself (or his replacement) a great deal of flexibility for the next year or two. Given the number of developing youngsters, it's a smart approach.

I'm still worried about the 3, though. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
                I dont know how bad this team will be but if we get a top 3 pick we might solve our 3 problem with Harrison Barnes .... But with this current team i dont know if we will be that bad

Comment

Will everyone stop name dropping Harrison Barnes, I guarantee none of you have ever watched him play and even if the raps finished last in the entire NBA they would only have a 25% chance at him.

The best part of the Jose trade is that now PG is the main area that needs to be addressed. The second best part is that PG is the deepest position in the NBA and several teams have a log jam at that position.

Anyone who thinks Barbosa can even play backup point hasn't watched the suns play or is aware of the responsibilities of a point guard.

As far as next season goes, the raps desperately need someone to lead the team and blend the young gunz with all the new faces. Jack is a backup point guard with only one year under his belt and his name is being bandied about, not a good sign.

Diaw, Barbosa and Chandler are all guys that need to reigned in and have an assortment of attitude issues that will be left unchecked if there is no strong personality in the locker room. None of the three had anything close to a decent year last year and hopefully two out of three can make a positive contribution to the team.

With all the new faces, it is going to be another long half season before the team starts to gel or Triano gets a handle on lineups and rotations. A skill he has shown to be more proficient at error than trial.

Comment

IMO, the Raptors future PG should come from the 2011 draft in the form of Kyrie Irving (Freshman from Duke). He would be a great fit to the Young Gunz movement.

Comment

With Kleiza, Chandler, Diaw and Barbosa all inbound they're probably in the hunt for 8th seed IF Triano can make it work. Someone needs to be the leader and it's hard to say who will step up on the new roster. It may not truly be established until sometime into the season...

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
                        Will everyone stop name dropping Harrison Barnes, I guarantee none of you have ever watched him play and even if the raps finished last in the entire NBA they would only have a 25% chance at him.
                        Forget Harrison Barnes....Its Perry Jones 3RD everyone should be waiting for
                        Now that Turk is gone, it opens the door to draft this guy. BC should do whatever he can to accumulate assets to trade up assuming they don't get the #1 draft pick.
                        With this lineup now, they should be front runners for the worst overall record
                        6'11 SF/PF
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quxsxSe1YTo

Comment

Chandler / alabi / Bargani / dorsey
                          Bargani / Davis / Amir
                          Kleiza / diaw / Amir / weems
                          Weems / derozan/ belinelli
                          Jack / barbosa / mike roll:P / banks

I hope they sign that mike roll guy I like his game.
                          If Davis continues to do well I could see him starting.
                          I like the Chandler pick because it give alabi time to develop

Comment

This roster we currently have is very under impressive. Usually with a roster such as ours, we need a big name to balance out a bunch of role models, but we just have a group of average players. To truly do good this season, Bargani and Derozan have to step it up and Bargani has to become an allstar while Derozan has to be a 15 a game man. WE NEED THEM TO STEP IT UP!!!
                            Raptors fan for life....sadly.

Comment

Rotation

I think the rotation right now would be.

C: Bargnani
                              PF: A. Johnson
                              SF: Barnes
                              SG: DeRozan
                              PG: Jack
                              6: Barbosa
                              7: Davis
                              8: Calderon
                              9: Kleiza
                              10: Weems
                              11: Evans
                              12: Banks
                              13: Alabi
                              14: Dorsey
                              15: D. Jones

There's not enough room. Sure the roster can hold 15 but teams tend to go with 13. What I expect is Evans, Banks and Calderon all being shipped. That would free up more PT for Weems, who right now looks like the odd man out in the main rotation.
                              Last edited by Apollo; Mon Jul 19, 2010, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Raptor's current 16 man depth chart not counting the possible S&T options(Banks, Bellineli,Evans, DJones) leaving from TO to Orlando and/or Denver. I hope TO keeps 15 players- never can have enough able bodies. Calderon is gone as well. Wish Barg's was. Hopefully Weems will out play folks in training camp- YG'z!!!

C: Bargnani/Dorsey/DJones/Alabi
                                PF: AJohnson/Davis/Evans
                                SF: Barnes/Kleiza/Weems
                                SG: DeRozan/Barbosa/Bellineli
                                PG: Jack/Calderon/Banks
                                Last edited by SirChillyMost; Mon Jul 19, 2010, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X