Raptors Line-Up (Depth Chart)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Line-Up (Depth Chart)

Is it just me or does it seem like the Raptors have a "logjam" at EVERY position except at the five?
    Although there is a logjam.... the worst part is that NONE of the positions seem all that impressive to me.
    When a squad has a logjam at everyposition but at the same time does not possess ONE position that is impressive does not bode well with me. This means the Raptors have FAR too many mediocre players at every position. This does not equal a winning squad.

Ur wrong
    just look at the pistons when they won

Comment

rapsfan wrote: View Post
      Ur wrong
      just look at the pistons when they won
      .... almost every single one of the players on that squad were better that any player we have right now... so ....
      Take out the salami and cheese MAMA, this ball gameeeeee is OVERRRR!

Comment

Might not equal a winning squad, but equals a much better rebuilding squad: younger, more salary flexibility, more roster flexibility, and almost certainly a better team atmosphere. Colangelo has given himself a lot of room to make further moves, either moving a few guys for one more strong player, or trimming the fat for TPE and picks.

Comment

It's clear that Colangelo is just acquiring the best assets available so he can parlay them into a balanced roster. He's not done.

Comment

I'm keeping faith that BC has a plan. Right now, it's sort of looking like a rotation of former Phoenix Suns player roaming in and out of the Raptors line up. For the Diaw deal, I think he's a solid verteran presence whom we were supposively set on acquiring a long, long time ago. For the Blurr, well I hope he's recovered from his injury and he's at least not a shadow of his former self.
            #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

If everything happens as it's reported

Bargs/Alabi
              Amir/Davis/Reggie
              Diaw/Kleiza
              Derozen/Weems/Belli
              Jack/Jose/Barbosa/Banks

Reggie, Belli and Banks are unlikely to see much time so I think the only place we really have too much is at the one, which BC has said he would move one of Jose or Jack from the beginning. I think we move Jack and probably get a center to back up Bargs or move him to the 4. Davis could play back up at the five if we need to make room so I think that the roster is actually looking pretty good.

Edit: Just read the Chandler rumor so maybe this instead

Chandler/Davis/Alabi
              Bargs/Amir/Davis
              Diaw/Kleiza
              DeRozen/Weems/Belli
              Jack/Barbosa/Banks

That looks pretty good to me. Nice mix of youth and vets, maybe a playoff team.
              Last edited by hateslosing; Mon Jul 12, 2010, 09:41 AM.
              "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Playoff team if it were 2005 maybe? Unless Diaw and Chandler regain their old forms (and Diaw isn't too far from his - Chandler however is a ghost of his former Hornet-self) it'll be a loooooonnnnnng year!

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                  Chandler/Davis/Alabi
                  Bargs/Amir/Davis
                  Diaw/Kleiza
                  DeRozen/Weems/Belli
                  Jack/Barbosa/Banks

That looks pretty good to me. Nice mix of youth and vets, maybe a playoff team.
                  I'd rather see a better starting PG. We can afford to lose Belli and Jack or Banks if there's a PG to be found. I also believe we still look very weak at SF. That's not Diaw's natural spot, and Kleiza isn't a starter.

Edit: With DeRozen/Weems/Barbosa at the 2, I'm pretty happy... and I like the 4 and 5, assuming Bargs is capable of stepping up with Bosh gone.... but I don't believe we've solved our problems at the 1 or the 3.

Comment

geebee wrote: View Post
                    I'd rather see a better starting PG. We can afford to lose Belli and Jack or Banks if there's a PG to be found. I also believe we still look very weak at SF. That's not Diaw's natural spot, and Kleiza isn't a starter.

Edit: With DeRozen/Weems/Barbosa at the 2, I'm pretty happy... and I like the 4 and 5, assuming Bargs is capable of stepping up with Bosh gone.... but I don't believe we've solved our problems at the 1 or the 3.
                    I agree about the point and I'd like to somehow manage to parlay Jack and our expiring contracts into a better pg, but If we can't pull that off this summer we're not in terrible shape. I think Diaw and Kleiza will be a very strong combo at the three, not ridiculously good but certainly and improvement over last year.

All of these moves have the effect of giving us a tremendous amount of cap flexibility for the next couple seasons. Chandler is on the last year of his contract and both Diaw and Barbosa expire the season after, along with Jack. Definitely gives us a lot of options if we want to chase a big name any time soon.
                    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                      All of these moves have the effect of giving us a tremendous amount of cap flexibility for the next couple seasons. Chandler is on the last year of his contract and both Diaw and Barbosa expire the season after, along with Jack. Definitely gives us a lot of options if we want to chase a big name any time soon.
                      Agreed. BC may not have made the Raps tremendously better, but he's given himself (or his replacement) a great deal of flexibility for the next year or two. Given the number of developing youngsters, it's a smart approach.

I'm still worried about the 3, though. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Comment

Raptors Current Depth Chart

From Arsenalist - My changes to right side

Let’s look at the Raptors depth chart if both trades go through:

Chandler-Bargnani (Bargnani-Chandler)
                        Johnson-Davis-Evans
                        Diaw-Kleiza
                        DeRozan-Weems-Belinelli
                        Jack-Barbosa-Banks

http://raptorsrepublic.com/2010/07/1...yson-chandler/
                        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I think it's going to be more of a

Chandler/Davis
                          Bargs/Amir

for the big spots. I think you will see a lot of variety from those two positions since all of our bigs (except evans) could log some time at the five and the four.

-Churchill

Comment

Gotta hand it to BC, if he can pull off these deals we will at least have some depth in terms of bigs this year and some other shooters re-Barbosa and Diaw.

Comment

AB will be moved to his "Natural Position" , PF and Chandler will start as Center.

Then we will have Amir, Davis, Diaw, Alabi, Evans all battle for the remaining time for BIGS off the bench.

I think Amir will be the first big off the bench but I have a feeling that Davis will challenge him for that position coming Feb.

Comment

Working...
                              X