X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto/Clippers

From Toronto: sadly Sonny Weems, Miami's first rounder, Trade exception

From Clippers : Baron Davis

I think we are that one good player away from being extremely competitive. We have a lot of redundancy at the SG position with the addition of Barbosa.

Chandler
    Andrea
    Diaw
    De Rozan
    Baron Davis

Barbosa
    Kleiza
    Amir
    Ed Davis
    Jack
    Belinelli
    Alibi
    Dorsey

How good would this team be? Some scoring and much needed defense! Parker would also be the kind of player we should target.
    Last edited by saints91; Mon Jul 12, 2010, 09:02 PM.

As much as I love Baron as a guy who cheered for UCLA way back when... not really a fan of his game nowadays. Too many bad shots, and he's got a lot of miles on him. 13 million for three more years? Pass.
    You can find me on Twitter.

Comment

Ugh! Why on earth would you want Baron Davis. And why would you want to give up so much for him? Talk about an overrated player. He's really only had a couple of really good seasons, both in Golden State in a free wheeling offense. He's 31 years old, often injured, usually overweight but has a game predicated on his athletic ability. This would be the exact type of move that people rage on Colangelo for- a band-aid to keep the team mediocre without actually helping it long term.

I wouldn't even trade one of those pieces. let alone all of them, for Davis.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

anyone who mentions weems or derozan in a trade should be shot at the spot... enough said

Comment

I (want to )see another potential trade...Sofoklis Schortsanitis for Dwayne Jones.
          Big Sofo or baby Shaq (some nicknames of Schortsanitis) is strong and powerful, he will have a small salary, he is very good defender, and he was Kleiza's team-mate last year.
          I don't know if hi is NBA ready, but what about Jones?IS he?
          I believe that Sofo would fit great to the young gunz squad lol
          I am greek so I want him to Toronto, i know he is european, i want to see more americans, but he is not a "usual" european guy...check him out on youtube...he is really a small Shaq clone!

What about a Jose - Jones for Baron - Sofo trade
          Last edited by kcharito; Thu Jul 15, 2010, 08:26 PM. Reason: more thoughts

Comment

I'd rather have Calderon than Baron. Pass.

Comment

Nah Davis is not what he used to be. Maybe its because of the team he is on or maybe because he is losing his game fast. I would rather keep Calderon and Jack's contracts instead of swallowing Davis contract. Plus 2 first round draft picks is always great to have going into a draft. If we end up being middle of the pack again we could trade those 2 picks for 1 top 10 pick. Or if we are in the top 10 we can trade up to be top 5 so any scenario involving picks right now might not make sense later on.

Comment

Working...
              X