Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Jordan Nixes Trade! (Larry Brown To Blame!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hollinger isn't very impressed with MJ's new trade...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insid...handler-100713

I'd like to congratulate Michael Jordan on being the first executive in history to avoid saving money in a salary dump. Tyson Chandler and Alexis Ajinca have one year left at a combined $14.1 million, while Eduardo Najera and Matt Carroll are owed a combined $17.1 million over the next three years. Throw in cash (presumably the maximum allowable $3 million) from Dallas, and they managed to break even while giving away their starting center for two guys who will occupy seats 11 and 12 at the end of the bench. Strike up the band.

Comment

• I can't be asked to read all these comments.. Sorry, but I totally agree with what Hollinger said, Matt Caroll and Eduardo Najera are bench warmers.. Erick Dampier is nearing the end of his career.. He gets 13m next year? What is this. Whoever says this is a better deal is completely insane, Matt Caroll, has he just been injury plagued? Why would anyone pick him up with a 7m contract when the last 2 years he's played 80 games and had like 2-4 points per game, and roughly 1 assist.

Good job Charlotte, good job.

Comment

• Ryan_1523 wrote: View Post
        Erick Dampier is nearing the end of his career.. He gets 13m next year? What is this.
        Dampier's contract is fully non-guaranteed - meaning whoever gets him can just waive him and not have to pay 1 cent.

Everything else had to be added to get Damp I assume. They may have saved some money this year, but they are going to suck unless MJ makes some good moves.
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
          Dampier's contract is fully non-guaranteed - meaning whoever gets him can just waive him and not have to pay 1 cent.

Everything else had to be added to get Damp I assume. They may have saved some money this year, but they are going to suck unless MJ makes some good moves.
          Bang on! If this was just a short-term salary dump (to save money this year), then Charlotte could just waive Dampier and save the $13 million. They still have to pay Carroll for the next 3 years (ugh!). In that case, I agree that they are not going to be very good.

If Charlotte wants to use Dampier's contract to get good players, then they could also waive him and sign a free agent (they need a PG, and I think the only decent FA out there is Lowrey).

Otherwise, if they want talent via trade, they need to find a team with salary room to accept Dampier's $13 million. Not many teams have that sort of salary space. TO is one, with their TPE. TO could also do this as part of that 3-way with Phoenix, I suppose.

Comment

• Bouncepass wrote: View Post

Otherwise, if they want talent via trade, they need to find a team with salary room to accept Dampier's $13 million. Not many teams have that sort of salary space. TO is one, with their TPE. TO could also do this as part of that 3-way with Phoenix, I suppose.
            They can trade Dampier to any team as long as they get roughly $13M salary in return. The other team doesn't need cap space, they can be over the luxury tax too.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
              They can trade Dampier to any team as long as they get roughly $13M salary in return. The other team doesn't need cap space, they can be over the luxury tax too.
              Thanks. My point is that if Charlotte wants to save money and get some talent back they would need to trade Dampier to a team that can absorb the extra salary. Naturally, they can take back $13 million in salaries in a trade, but that sort of defeats the purpose of saving money. It seems like Dallas didn't find a great trade for Dampier as they hoped, so it makes one wonder how many options Charlotte will have.

Comment

• i hope we dont get dampier he ll just slow us down. we need an athletic center who can run but those are hard to find.

Comment

Hollinger isn't very impressed with MJ's new trade...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insid...handler-100713
                  This is why I was so confused at the trade. Why would they turn down an offensive-minded PG (remember Charlotte was a bad offensive team last season) for two long term contracts and an expiring deal?

Comment

If Charlotte wants to use Dampier's contract to get good players, then they could also waive him and sign a free agent (they need a PG, and I think the only decent FA out there is Lowrey).
                    not even. Lowry signed an offer sheet with the cavs..

MJ screwed himself on this one... and may have inadvertently helped the raps by putting calderon's name out there and the going price for him..

Comment

• Oh I'm pretty sure BC has been putting Jose's name out there plenty.

Comment

• Poor Bobcats fans. This is Isiah Thomas bad.

Comment

Working...
                        X