Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Jordan Nixes Trade! (Larry Brown To Blame!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charlotte end of Raptors deal dead

The part of a complex Raptors deal that would have sent Jose Calderon and Reggie Evans to Charlotte is dead, killed by Bobcats owner Michael Jordan according to league sources.
    The teams had signed off on the transaction that would have shipped Boris Diaw and Tyson Chandler to Toronto early Monday afternoon – with Chandler being he was to become a Raptor – before it died later in the day

The other part of the transaction – Hedo Turkoglu from Toronto to Phoenix for Leandro Barbosa – is still a go and could be finished as early as today.

The nixing of the Charlotte part of the multi-team transaction is a sorry saga. The highly-respected Marc Spears of yahoo.com first reported Monday afternoon that the Chandler told him he’d been traded. Evans has also publicly said his goodbyes to Raptors fans through his twitter account before yahoo.com reported overnight that trade was in peril.

What it means in the long run remains to be seen; Toronto officials are in Las Vegas and offered no comment.
    http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/201...d-for-now.html

Comment

Getting rid of Turkoglu for Barbosa is still a good move in the long term but there is a real glut at 1 and 2... JJ/Calderon/Barbosa/Banks/DD/Weems.

Get ready for some more action from Colangelo...

Comment

MJ sucks.

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
          Are you kidding, why would WE sweeten the pot? This is Jordan trying to exercise his G.M. power for the first time in his life, we don't need Tyson. Don't get me wrong, I think he would be a great addition, but nothing worth fretting over. BC should counter Jordan and tell him he won't send Calderon, that will get his attention, especially since Felton just signed with the knicks.
          If I'm BC, I will play hard ball with MJ on the trade saying the most we can give him is Belinelli. This guy is so unprofessional for what he did and I can see other GMs hesitate to trade with him or have a plan B if they are going to anyway. If I am BC, I would package the 2 TPEs($14.5+2.7m) and some expiring contracts to NOH for Collison, Posey and Okafor(and yes, NOH still needs cap space as they are trying to sell the team to another owner due to profit issues and no owner will buy that team as it is now until they have some much needed cap space and assets like expiring contracts) as a plan B, and call MJ's bluff that the Diaw-Calderon trade will not work until we get Tyson Chandler, no draft picks and no TPE also hardball. Back out of the trade BC and see if you can get a much needed trade from NOH if we are not getting Tyson Chandler from the trade without offering draft picks, TPE or good prospects like Sonny Weems or Demar Derozan. Not every trade has to be successful especially with unprofessional types like MJ in the league.

Comment

Bouncepass wrote: View Post
            Getting rid of Turkoglu for Barbosa is still a good move in the long term but there is a real glut at 1 and 2... JJ/Calderon/Barbosa/Banks/DD/Weems.

Get ready for some more action from Colangelo...
            Barbosa is NOT really a Two. Yes, he did play as a TWO but if you read Suns Blogs or ...
            you find out that he was being out matched and did not really suited well for that position.

So we basically have 27 million dollar in PG Salary now so BC has to do more work and move some of these guys.

My guess is that it will be Jack and Banks since one has a reasonable contract and the other has a expiring contract.

Comment

ekoreen reports:
              I am told that by a source familiar with the trade that the deal looks dead, but says not to write the eulogy just yet. Update coming.
              http://twitter.com/ekoreen/status/18447350338

I guess Doug Smith should change his sources lol...
              Last edited by d1m45h; Tue Jul 13, 2010, 12:18 PM.

Comment

d1m45h wrote: View Post
                ekoreen reports:
                I am told that by a source familiar with the trade that the deal looks dead, but says not to write the eulogy just yet. Update coming.

I guess Doug Smith should change his sources lol...
                Do u have a link?

Comment

Ahhh Michael Jordan can go fu......... Draft Kwame Brown

Comment

I think they have to deal Jose and Evans now either way. Make a play for Granger, Indiana needs a PG.

Comment

rev20002 wrote: View Post
                      I think they have to deal Jose and Evans now either way. Make a play for Granger, Indiana needs a PG.
                      Are you serious ? Do you really believe the words that are coming out of your mouth ?

Comment

d1m45h wrote:
                        Indiana, New Orleans, and Minnesota maybe be involved in a deal
                        Source Please .

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                          Source Please .
                          What are your sources?
                          i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

Sources: Jordan holding up Raptors trade

The sudden reluctance of Charlotte owner Michael Jordan has thrust the proposed Toronto-Charlotte trade into jeopardy, multiple league sources told Yahoo! Sports on Monday night.

“Right now, Michael is having second thoughts,” a source with knowledge of the talks told Yahoo! Sports.

The Bobcats had agreed to trade center Tyson Chandler(notes) and forward Boris Diaw(notes) to the Raptors for guard Jose Calderon(notes) and forward Reggie Evans(notes). Players had been contacted earlier in the day and told they were traded. Yet now, everyone has been put into a holding pattern. Jordan, sources said, has been hesitant to trade Chandler.

The trade isn’t dead, the sources said, but the two sides will talk again on Tuesday morning and the Raptors will try to push the deal through to completion. Toronto general manager Bryan Colangelo is anxious to complete the trade.

Toronto is only sure it has an agreement to complete a separate trade to send Hedo Turkoglu(notes) to the Phoenix Suns for Leandro Barbosa(notes).
                            http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...orstrade071210

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2010/...bobcats-trade/

Comment

Unbelievable!!!

Micheal Jordan...
                              Anyway...I here update might be coming,something in the works,other trade...is this correct???
                              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Michael Jordan = Indian giver

Comment

Working...
                                X