Jose, Rubio And The Minnesota Timberwolves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose, Rubio And The Minnesota Timberwolves

Does anyone else think that the key to Ricky Rubio for Minny may be through Jose Calderon? I realize Rubio's said he'll be coming to the NBA next season, but Jose being his teammate may help the process and help his growth.

If Minnesota was, in fact, interested in Jose to increase their appeal to Rubio, what would we want back? I'm thinking something like a Flynn/Brewer deal, but that's just me.

NO

Comment

I would take that deal just to get rid of Jose but i'm not sure the wolves would.

Comment

I'm confused, why would Rubio want to come to the NBA to play with Jose when they play the same position. I think maybe your idea would work better if we were talking about one of the Gasol's but not Jose.
        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

NO

Comment

Hmm... Minny likes PG's... how about we trade for Rubio's rights for our dearly beloved Jose?

Ahh... LOL.
            #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
              Does anyone else think that the key to Ricky Rubio for Minny may be through Jose Calderon? I realize Rubio's said he'll be coming to the NBA next season, but Jose being his teammate may help the process and help his growth.

If Minnesota was, in fact, interested in Jose to increase their appeal to Rubio, what would we want back? I'm thinking something like a Flynn/Brewer deal, but that's just me.
              I know Kahn has done some puzzling things, but he already has 2 PGs (Sessions and Flynn) and is on the verge of signing a third (Ridnour). Why would he want to add Calderon? I think he is more likely to trade away a PG.

Personally, I think that TO should consider trading anyone other than maybe DeRozan and Bargnani for Rubio. Add Miami's pick, or another future pick to facilitate, if necessary.

Comment

Minnesota want Bargnani for Rubio. Colangelo is just waiting for the right time to do the trade.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                  Minnesota want Bargnani for Rubio. Colangelo is just waiting for the right time to do the trade.
                  There's no time like the present...

Comment

can rubio play D????????????? seriously i dont know

Comment

Hmmmmm... not sure if I would do that. TO would be seriously short of talent up front. Replace with Ed Davis and add Miami's #1 pick?

Comment

Bouncepass wrote: View Post
                        Hmmmmm... not sure if I would do that. TO would be seriously short of talent up front. Replace with Ed Davis and add Miami's #1 pick?
                        I agree. AB and DD are the only players in this team with some talents. However, I do not think you can get Ricky for that price. Replace Miami's pick with ours next year and Ed Davis and you have yourself a Ricky Rubio next year in Toronto.

Comment

Personally, I think that TO should consider trading anyone other than maybe DeRozan and Bargnani for Rubio. Add Miami's pick, or another future pick to facilitate, if necessary.
                          I'd love for the Raptors to get Rubio but BOTH Bargnani and DeRozan is far, far too much.

The Raptors aren't going to compete next year. Worrying about whether or not the Raptors are going to be thin up front is pointless. Besides, it gives more time for the young players to develop. No way I'd rather give up Davis and a draft pick over Bargnani. Davis does the things big men are supposed to do and will probably end up being a better all around player than Bargnani. And that draft pick might come in quite handy, especially to move up in the draft, if needed.
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I'd love for the Raptors to get Rubio but BOTH Bargnani and DeRozan is far, far too much.

The Raptors aren't going to compete next year. Worrying about whether or not the Raptors are going to be thin up front is pointless. Besides, it gives more time for the young players to develop. No way I'd rather give up Davis and a draft pick over Bargnani. Davis does the things big men are supposed to do and will probably end up being a better all around player than Bargnani. And that draft pick might come in quite handy, especially to move up in the draft, if needed.
                            Actually, I meant that they might consider trading anyone EXCEPT Bargnani or DeRozan. I think it is too early to get a read on Davis, but he seems to be a complementary player more than a "go to" big. Still, I think an argument could be made for trading Bargnani for Rubio. It would be a fast, young team that would lose a LOT of games in the near future.

Comment

I don't understand you.
                              Yesterday you championed JC/JJ as one of the best offensive PG tandems in the NBA, and today you want to give away one of our few bigs in order to push them down the PG depth chart?

Who would you have starting at PF? Davis? Evans?
                              The Raps may not be a playoff team next year, but it'd still be nice for fans if they had starters at all five positions.

Comment

Working...
                              X