What To Do With Calderon...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rev20002 wrote: View Post
    The reality is the Raptors will never be a contender in this league. We should not be rebuilding instead just retooling and hoping to at least contend for 8.
    There are just so many things wrong with this statement I don't know where to begin. Hopefully this attitude doesn't seep into the the rest of your life, otherwise, I see a depressing, hopeless future for you.

I would never be able to continue to be a fan of a team that didn't, at least, strive to be a contender.

And I hope you never, ever, ever work for any sports team. Sorry.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

[QUOTE=pillowmint;29849]There is just too much going on here.

1st Miller had a bad start to the season with POR, but ended solid. Also, POR runs a motion offense type game, Calderon is the master at slowing the game down to a snails pace, I doubt that's what they'd want in return.

2nd POR wants/needs more center's. Aside from the Vanilla Gorilla, they have an oft injured Oden, and Aldridge who really should be playing the PF.

1st Miller did have a bad year, however, his contract is expring (team option for next year). He had a bad year b/c he does not fit Portland's system. Portland's system is half court set. Have you followed Portland or McMillan's offense? They don't run.

2nd Portland has a guy by the name of Marcus Camby at centre as well as Oden. All three of their centres (including Przybilla) are injury prone yet McMillan kept them competitive.

Comment

You'd give away a $14 million expiring contract for a TPE which means you get the same value but you do not have to pay a player $14 million dollars.

Comment

Working...
        X