No announcement yet.

Michael Grange: Raptors Trying To Trade Jose Calderon For Roy Hibbert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has nothing to do with this thread but did anyone see the weems interview after the houston summer league game? He was wearing a "I still love my Js" Tee shirt a little shout out to Jordan for nixing that trade.. thought it was pretty funny

Comment

KakashiPrince wrote: View Post
      I don't really get fans these days...

Calderon is a huge impact in the running and gun style then Hibbert......

Hibbert is toooooo slow and also he is so rigid in offense.

Fans complain about Bargnani rebound output....look at Hibbert
      Calderon is a half court PG. He isn't aggressive.

Hibbert is about rebounding and defense.

Bargnani gets a half rebound more then Hibbert but it takes him an extra ten minutes.
      Last edited by Apollo; Wed Jul 14, 2010, 06:08 PM.

Comment

That would be a horrific trade.
        nbaroundtable

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          Calderon is a half court PG. He isn't aggressive.

Hibbert is about rebounding and defense.

Bargnani gets a half rebound more then Hibbert but it takes him an extra ten minutes.
          I know Calderon is a half court pg but he still have more impact in run and gun than Hibbert

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            And Hibbert is still a poor rebounder ... a rebounding rate of about 12.4% which is 20-25% lower than the average center.

So how bad must Bargnani be? Jeez ...
            nbaroundtable

Comment

It's the 9th page and nobody has said that the Pacers would be idiots for making this trade? So, the Pacers would be left with Foster as their only centre, why would they do this? Bird isn't KAAAAHNNNNN!
              -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
              -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

I haven't read every page on this thread, but I assume someone has mapped out the circle of life that is BC's trading resume. I've been a big BC defender as I felt he was never playing with a full deck during the Bosh era, but the guy treats the raptors like a fantasy team. How many years is he going to go do the same dog and pony makeover and then blame the team's chemistry if it doesn't work out.

If nothing else he is decisive, he brings guys in and if they are lucky they get a full year before he ships them out for another reclamation project. That's BC specialty, guys who look like thier washed up, but through the power of positive thinking have everyone into believing they can make a comeback.

I actually like Hibbert, he's young, big, cheap, mobile and still improving. What's the hurry though? BC is acting like he has to make headlines every day. Why not let another team come to him instead of always being the pusher and then being pushed into handing over first round picks. How quickly before both picks from the Bosh S&T are gone? One week, maybe two.

Comment

YKOil wrote: View Post
                  Hibbert doesn't seem to make a lot of sense given how many big men the team has now.

TJ & Hibbert
                  FOR
                  Calderon

Would be okay in my books however - not that getting TJ back is a good thing - what matters is dumping the other two years of Jose's salary and getting a decent player/trade asset in Hibbert.
                  Agreed. Some of the other deals mentioned would be nice if they could be pulled off... but as a bottom line kind of thing, you could do a lot more in the long run with eating one year of a T.J. Ford contract than being saddled with Jose's for multi-seasons....

...but this a minimum effort sort of thing...B.C. should try to go bigger.

Comment

Personally, I think Hibbert would do fairly well as a Raptor and he'd be a better pick up than Chandler, IMO. I wasn't crazy about the Jose for Chandler deal. This one's better. I'd love to see them get Hibbert and Murphy, but I have no idea what kinda cheddar we're talkin' about with Murphy's contract. Murphy is a shorter Bargnani who actually rebounds the ball and runs the floor (alas, whilst playing shitty defense with less blocks but more steals).
                    Last edited by Rap Challenger; Wed Jul 14, 2010, 08:55 PM.
                    "Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."
                    ~Rorschach

Comment

Real Charlotte Trade

The Real Hornets Trade

I agree, enough with the Collison obsession. Especially since this is the real trade we need to make with the Hornets: Okafor, Chris Paul and James Posey for Calderon, Miami's 2010 first, the Raps 2010 first, Marcus Banks, Reggie Evans and the entire TPE. This would save the Hornets, who are hemorrhaging money, a ton of cash. And the Raps would get two starters. Thoughts?

Comment

I doubt you really want to hear what people think about that.
                        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Juan wrote: View Post
                          As was the case with Roy. Nobody had Roy as a first overall pick, Dondaddda, so to revise history the way you continue to is a bit ridiculous. What about the 6 other GM's who didn't pick him either? They're all morons I guess? Oh wait, didn't Roy have some pretty serious knee trouble this year????
                          Huh? What exactly are you talking about? The discussion was about Granger and Joey Graham. I think you've misunderstood.
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

KakashiPrince wrote: View Post
                            Fans complain about Bargnani rebound output....look at Hibbert
                            In two seasons, Hibbert has averaged 8.4 rpg per 36 minutes. That's about average for a big man.
                            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                              Huh? What exactly are you talking about? The discussion was about Granger and Joey Graham. I think you've misunderstood.
                              There was another mini-discussion going on about Bargs and B.Roy inbetween the Granger/Graham one. A little confusing...
                              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

j_dubyah wrote: View Post
                                the real hornets trade

i agree, enough with the collison obsession. Especially since this is the real trade we need to make with the hornets: Okafor, chris paul and james posey for calderon, miami's 2010 first, the raps 2010 first, marcus banks, reggie evans and the entire tpe. This would save the hornets, who are hemorrhaging money, a ton of cash. And the raps would get two starters. Thoughts?
                                stop.it.now.

Comment

Working...
                                X