Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Will Win The NBA Championship Next Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Will Win The NBA Championship Next Season?

Who will win the NBA championship next season?

http://nbaprimetime.com/nba-2010-11-...t-season/2956/

I have to go with the Lakers. They're only going to get better. If anyone in the league can guard Wade and James, it's Artest and Bryant. I'm not sure Bosh can match Gasol's new found toughness and the Lakers depth will play a big factor as well.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      I have to go with the Lakers. They're only going to get better. If anyone in the league can guard Wade and James, it's Artest and Bryant. I'm not sure Bosh can match Gasol's new found toughness and the Lakers depth will play a big factor as well.
      This.

You're right about the depth too. Dexter Pittman, Haslem, Mike Miller, Da'Sean Butler and (Insert PG here) matching up with Odom, Vujacic, Brown, Blake, and even Caracter? I think not

Comment

I agree it is more likely the Lakers, as good as the Miami 3 going to be as soon as they finish assembling a team, it will take them some time to figure out their roles and system. This is the reason why team Spain has given team USA so much problem, although Spain was inferior in every position and should have been blown out of the water, they are so used to playing with each other and the system that they really put a scare to the US team. If it wasn't for Kobe late game heroics, Team US with Wade, Bosh, Lebron,D.Howard, Carmelo and CP3 would have been out.

Comment

Lakers are likely. Though the Thunder could surprise and mix things up, like they almost did last year.
          I honestly don't think the Heat will see the finals. At least not this year. When considering who could knock them out, there are four possibilities:
          1) Celtics have another strong finish
          2) Magic do what everyone expected them to this year.
          3) The Bulls combine the toughness we saw two years ago against the Celtics with the added talent and play a bit over their heads.
          4) Random team in the east just clicks unexpectedly and shocks the Heat in the first round (unlikely but possible).

Comment

The Lakers sure are getting a lot of love considering they barely scraped by the Celtics without Perk and were a Gasol/Artest tip in away from going 7 games against the Suns and Thunder. The only way they get better is IF Bynum stays healthy, otherwise Kobe is a year older, Ron has a ring and less motivation to stay sane, Fisher is surviving on pure guts and guile and the team hasn't addressed any of the depth issues unless you count Steve Blake, which I don't.

The Thunder are going to be scary good, the Mav's made some good adjustments as well as the Jazz and the Spurs are doing a great job blending age and youth.

Anyone who picks against the Heat is doing so at thier own peril. It will take a mini miracle for a team to beat them once, let alone 4 times in a 7 game series. Barring another the Lakers pulling off another Gasol heist for a Chris Paul, the Heat should march fairly easily to the winner's circle.

Having said that a healthy Lakers team that figures out how to successfully play Gasol and Bynum are the only kind of team that could potentially upset the Heat.

Comment

The Heat may not win it next season, but I expect them to win 5 straight titles after that - after the lockout.
              RR OG

Comment

Here's the thing, after the lockout there may be a hard cap. If that's the case they won't be able to win anything with three guys making +$20M/yr each.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
                  The Lakers sure are getting a lot of love considering they barely scraped by the Celtics without Perk and were a Gasol/Artest tip in away from going 7 games against the Suns and Thunder. The only way they get better is IF Bynum stays healthy, otherwise Kobe is a year older, Ron has a ring and less motivation to stay sane, Fisher is surviving on pure guts and guile and the team hasn't addressed any of the depth issues unless you count Steve Blake, which I don't.

The Thunder are going to be scary good, the Mav's made some good adjustments as well as the Jazz and the Spurs are doing a great job blending age and youth.

Anyone who picks against the Heat is doing so at thier own peril. It will take a mini miracle for a team to beat them once, let alone 4 times in a 7 game series. Barring another the Lakers pulling off another Gasol heist for a Chris Paul, the Heat should march fairly easily to the winner's circle.

Having said that a healthy Lakers team that figures out how to successfully play Gasol and Bynum are the only kind of team that could potentially upset the Heat.
                  The Lakers may not win it all, but they will most likely make the Finals. Everybody says the West is tough, but that is only wrt making the playoffs; once there nobody can really beat the Lakers in a 7 game series other than the Thunder, who I thought was the Lakers' toughest opponent in the playoffs aside from the Celtics (since the Lakers' length KILLED the Jazz & Lamar Odom owned Amar'e, avg 15 & 11).
                  Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.

Comment

I'm going with the Lakers three-peat

Comment

Working...
                    X