Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Many Wins Does Triano Need To Keep His Job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Yes there are some really bad coaches who don't hang around the NBA as coaches for too long but Triano is not one of them. He has already shown that he has the ability to develop young talent, a quality that many coaches do not have. Why, because it takes time and guts to put young inexperienced guys out there even if they have a very good or better upside.
    Because under Jay's watch we've seen amazing progress for who ?

plz dont tell me sonny weems hahaah

also your little quote from a high school player is annoying and takes up so much space... it makes everyone hav to scroll more for no reason. who quotes a "high school" player ?? ur quoting a 17 year old... delete that shit

Comment

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”

Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

a high school champion is not well known, and if he is well known why dont you just say his name ??

Comment

vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
        Because under Jay's watch we've seen amazing progress for who ?

plz dont tell me sonny weems hahaah
        Not sure why you can't say Weems, who HAS shown great progress, as has Amir Johnson. And Bargnani has done much better under Triano.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
          Not sure why you can't say Weems, who HAS shown great progress, as has Amir Johnson. And Bargnani has done much better under Triano.
          tim... the statement made b4 was that it is justified to say that jay triano has the ability to develop young players based on the progress sony weems has made...

now nobody said sonny weems hasnt made progress, but i dont think giving a player more playing time means he has made significant progress when the only reason that player is getting more minutes is b/c antoine wright is hurt n hedo is sick...

same with amir johnson... he got more playing time...but b/c bosh was hurt and a 15 game stretch doesnt prove anything...

if bargs started getting 10 rbds a game than yea you can say jay triano has the ability to develop young talent...

but so far with a new roster every season he hasnt had enough time to prove that he can...

plz read carefully, and dont take things out of context...

there is a difference between sonny weems has made progree this year... and jay triano has the ability to develop young talent...

coaches that have developed young talent :

phil jackson - andrew bynum
          larry brown - see taysaun prince, chauney billups
          lawrence frank -
          nate mcmillan - all the young trail blazers

ok this takes more than 20 games to develop a young player....

do u see the difference or do u need more clarification ?

Comment

Since the season was more than 20 games long, and since Weems made great progress over the course of the season, as did Amir, I think it's safe to say that Triano develops young talent well. Triano has been lauded for his development of young players so it's not simply a observational argument. You don't agree he has, that's fine, but you don't have anything to back up your argument. I do.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Since the season was more than 20 games long, and since Weems made great progress over the course of the season, as did Amir, I think it's safe to say that Triano develops young talent well. Triano has been lauded for his development of young players so it's not simply a observational argument. You don't agree he has, that's fine, but you don't have anything to back up your argument. I do.
              you talk about how great the progress of sonny, andrea, and amir was this past season... yea ? did u watch the 3rd last game of the season against the bulls ?

you can't say jay triano has the ability to develop young talent until the young talent starts playing consistently... losing to the warriors in march and then AGAIN in april when you desperately need a win shows inconsistency.... any player can have a good game...its when the group becomes consistent that you can say the coach has an ability to develop...

does that make any sense to u ?

Comment

also tim the game against the bulls at the end of the season, here are the stats of your "progress players"

sonny weems:
                9-22 FG 40.9% 18pts 5 rbds 2ast

amir johnson
                10 pts 2rbs

andrea bargnani
                18 pts 5 rbs in 39 mins

does this really justify the argument that jay triano has already proven he can develop young talent ?

or were certain players putting up better numbers due to the increased playing time as a result of bosh and wright going down, and hedo's poor performance ?

Comment

After last season Jay Mr No Accountability Triano should be yesterday's news but since he's just a puppet coach for his hidden hand Svengali GM- BC, with no real authority just a Canadian (1st Canadian NBA HC nice story) figure head. After saying that he- liked the effort, in a late season blowout loss to Chicago while battling for a playoff spot this guy needs to go on a permanent vacation from being the HC of the Rap's. Since he took over for Sam the Rap's have gone no where fast under Jay's leadership- a very loose usage of the word- leadership.

No wonder JJ & Wright wonder aloud after Barg's never was corrected for his missteps in film sessions, treated with kid gloves by both Jay & BC.

A new- GM Pritchard & head coach- Mike Brown, would do wonders for the Rap's & BC's funky vision that you couldn't see clearly with the Hubble Telescope.

Barg's and potential 5 years later....lol

Comment

Tim hav u heard of Scott Skiles ?

Did u see how he got Jennings, Bogut, Ilyasova, and even Delfino to play in the second half of the season ? Is that equivalent to what Jay Triano did with Bargnani, Amir, and Weems ?

Yea let me kno if u need some illustrations or charts ok buddy ?
                    Last edited by vinnie_paz; Sat Jul 17, 2010, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Why do you keep asking me questions and what do you have against spelling the word "you" and why are you basing your conclusions on one game and why do you keep attempting to be condescending and why are you suddenly flooding the RR Forum with your incessant arguments and why are you calling me buddy?
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

tim, does any of this ring a bell ?r u taking ur medication tim ?
                        timmy u said i dont hav anything to back up my argument.

Comment

Look at how they were playing at the beginning of the year and how they progressed to how well they were playing by the end of the year, you can see that they played better at the end than at the beginning. I'm not exactly sure what more you need.
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Vinnie, why are you trolling this thread. Everyone gets an opinion. There's no need for constant belittling, you're demeaning yourself.. News for you, buddy. No one's going to take anything you say seriously from now on because of this little show you put on here, your opinion means nothing, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                            X