BC's Summer Semester Grade - Session #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dagon420 wrote: View Post
    5. Trading Turkoglu for Barbosa. I think if BC if had been a bit more patient he may have been able to have done a bit better than Barbosa - Grade B+

6. Almost trading Calderon and Evans for Chandler and Diaw - I did not like this trade. It would taken minutes away from Kleiza/Johnson, Weems, Davis and Alabi. It would also have reduced the Raptors to only one NBA caliber point guard. While Diaw and Chandler are nice players the take away would have made the trade a push at best and I am being generous with that. If BC had been able to complete this trade I would be being giving him a "D" for pulling it off. Since he didn't - Grade C

7. Failing to trade Calderon and Evans for Chandler and Diaw - Grade B+

His report card for the summer semester - session #1.

A ----------1
    A minus---1
    B plus-----3
    B----------2
    C----------1

If I missed something that I find out should have been included I will update later.

Overall Grade - B+

Here is why I think you`re wrong about the Diaw trade. First, we need a backup centre for AB (and give chandler less minutes so he wont get injured). Evans sucks. Also a SF/PF like DIaw is very valuable (That way Diaw can compete for minutes with Kleiza). We also have the flexibility to play Derozan and Weems together (SG/SF) if they are doing well. Finally, Barbosa can play some PG and backup SG and we also have Banks (who I think should be given a chance) if Barbosa isn`t a good PG.

So basically, its an amazing trade. We're short on a SF and C now. Think Hibbert will be a better backup than Chandler? And don`t tell me Alabi and Davis should get extended minutes because I think they are way too skinny now to be effective for that position.

We can`t put out a shitty team this year or its gonna be BCs head rolling next year.

So I say give him a A overall.

He wasn`t lucky with Bosh not being able to carry a team and he wasted time by trying to surround Bosh with talent. This sport is an inexact science, so all you can hope for is a GM who has the balls to try different things and drafts well. So this is as good as it gets in terms of GMs.

The rest of his problems is just FAs not wanting to come to Canada. And you have to overpay them cuz of our taxes.
    Last edited by dagon420; Sat Jul 17, 2010, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Yesterday Belinelli Bargs 22 and 25 points in 30 minutes with the friendly national

Comment

No doubt he's doing good this offseason, but if you're grading like that, no doubt it's going to be high. However it's what he hasn't done like securing a few more good role players, and adding depth, that would count against him.
        Raptors fan for life....sadly.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
          If you go to Arsenalist's column this morning and listen to the BC interview you will hear BC talk about how the Raptors really like the Johnson-Bargnani pairing metrics.
          yea of course the Gm will say that... he's not gona come out and say holy shit we're so fucked heading into next year !!

Comment

Hiring of P. J. Carlesimo is a A++ in my books BC said he wants the raptors to be better defensively and this is he coach you get to do that.

I think the Amir signing was a bit too much but I think that BC is trying to show that he rewards players with hard work, so for that reason I would grade him a C+.

Comment

Working...
            X