Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA.com - Kings Stay Atop Summer League Standings With Win - WRONG!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA.com - Kings Stay Atop Summer League Standings With Win - WRONG!

Kings stay atop Summer League standings with win

Posted Friday July 16, 2010 10:40PM

LAS VEGAS -- In a battle of unbeaten teams in the 2010 NBA Summer League, the Toronto Raptors (4-0) knocked off the Sacramento Kings (3-1) by a score of 88-82 Friday afternoon from UNLV's Cox Pavilion. Toronto, who led a good majority of the contest, watched as Sacramento pulled within one point with 2:21 remaining in the game. The Raptors managed to score 10 of the game's final 15 points for the six-point win.
    To those who watched the game it was obvious that the announcers wanted the Kings to win and so it seems does the NBA. Except for the interviews with BC in the second quarter and DeRozan after the game the whole broadcast was about the Kings and Cousins. I doubt that they will correct the headline error. Not that it matters

http://www.nba.com/summerleague/game.../gameinfo.html
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

That's pretty damn ignorant in my mind. Even though it's just summer league it's still a slight kick in the nuts.

Comment

JYFelony wrote: View Post
      That's pretty damn ignorant in my mind. Even though it's just summer league it's still a slight kick in the nuts.
      The whole commentary on the telecast was a kick in the Raptors nuts except for the two interviews.

They commented at least several times how most of the fans their, the few hundred or so were rooting for the Kings without mentioning the fact that because of the geographic proximity of Las Vegas and Sacramento, Las Vegas has a lot of Kings fans to begin with.
      Last edited by Buddahfan; Sat Jul 17, 2010, 02:26 PM.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Bah!! Words against vision always loses. We all saw the win, and other places have the correct stat, I'm sure, so it won't matter. I like the role that the Raps have, with having to prove ourselves and silencing the critics. Makes for great entertainment and grit.
        The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
        Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
        www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
        http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
        http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

i dont really care about that being a raps fan for so many years im pretty sure weve all gotten used to getting the short end of the stick when it comes to coverage and respect.
          im happy that we have to earn our respect since itll give me a chance to see what these kids are really made of

Comment

maybe the nba really is fixed...

Comment

I noticed that, too. I had to reread the article to make sure that I had actually mistaken the final score.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
              X