Trade Exception To Knicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Exception To Knicks

Wilson Chandler was mentioned in a previous poster's thread of available SF's, and that got me thinking...

Eddy Curry (1 yr, $11M)
    Wilson Chandler (1 yr, $2M)
    -------for-------
    $13M of our Bosh trade exception (or Calderon & $4M exception)
    1st rounder(?)

If they would rather have Calderon than the cap room, all the better I suppose. But the Knicks should have quite a bit of incentive to do this given that there are still plenty of solid free agents to be had... Matt Barnes, Rasual Butler, Josh Howard, Richard Jefferson, Joel Przybilla, Shaquille O'Neal, etc... all of which come much cheaper than what Chandler will demand next year.

On our side of things, Chandler immediately fills the sizeable hole at SF, and well, Curry is a body and an expiring contract.

And I know some of you like to fret over giving away draft picks, but Chandler is a 22-year-old 15 PPG scorer who is probably worth a pick or two on his own.
    Last edited by jrdyck; Sat Jul 17, 2010, 01:46 PM.

Give Calderon, D'Antoni will like him. I would propose Calderon and Evans/Banks for W Chandler and Eddy Curry.

Comment

I like Wilson Chandler, but I certainly don't think he's worth spending the TPE on, especially at this point. Especially if it means taking back Eddy Curry.

I wouldn't mind the deal that dagon proposed. I might do that.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Wilson Chandler is in the final year of his contract is he not? I don't think he'd stay with the Raptors - just a gut feeling.

Comment

Would it be so wrong to try and unload Banks, Evans & Bellinelli for Eddy Curry? He would take up the same amount of space at the end of the bench as the other three? I don't see Banks or Evans getting and play time and Belli will be stuck behind Barbosa, Derozan and Weems.......Curry is at least a big and we could throw him in there to hammer Bosh when we play Miami...probably worthit just for that

Comment

curry is broke adn will not get a contract after this year and he knows it he's f'd. he might be a bit of a shit disturber.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Thats a possibility but if I have to watch one more game with banks and evans I am going to freak!!...I know its still kinda like trading your old girlfriend for her uglier bigger sister. I guess in the end we are not giving up anything and getting nothing.....but maybe see

Comment

jrdyck wrote: View Post
                Wilson Chandler was mentioned in a previous poster's thread of available SF's, and that got me thinking...

Eddy Curry (1 yr, $11M)
                Wilson Chandler (1 yr, $2M)
                -------for-------
                $13M of our Bosh trade exception (or Calderon & $4M exception)
                1st rounder(?)

If they would rather have Calderon than the cap room, all the better I suppose. But the Knicks should have quite a bit of incentive to do this given that there are still plenty of solid free agents to be had... Matt Barnes, Rasual Butler, Josh Howard, Richard Jefferson, Joel Przybilla, Shaquille O'Neal, etc... all of which come much cheaper than what Chandler will demand next year.

On our side of things, Chandler immediately fills the sizeable hole at SF, and well, Curry is a body and an expiring contract.

And I know some of you like to fret over giving away draft picks, but Chandler is a 22-year-old 15 PPG scorer who is probably worth a pick or two on his own.
                Barnes, Butler, Howard, Jefferson have all signed with teams.
                Pryzbilla has a year left on his contract.
                Shaq doesn't have a team - what does that say about his ability and age now?

Comment

GoHuskies wrote: View Post
                  Would it be so wrong to try and unload Banks, Evans & Bellinelli for Eddy Curry? He would take up the same amount of space at the end of the bench as the other three? I don't see Banks or Evans getting and play time and Belli will be stuck behind Barbosa, Derozan and Weems.......Curry is at least a big and we could throw him in there to hammer Bosh when we play Miami...probably worthit just for that
                  Expirings for expirings.. does that really make sense? And Curry hasn't really played much in the past 2 years.

Comment

I'm torn on this one, If Curry wasn't a chemistry problem than i would have not problem, but he may be. He is a huge friggin' guy and might be useful in practise or in certain game situations. Although maybe we are better off trying to throw a Cheap contract at shaq?
                    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

No way does Shaq come north of the border!!!!!!!! Can you see him out shovelling snow in January???

Comment

GoHuskies wrote: View Post
                        No way does Shaq come north of the border!!!!!!!! Can you see him out shovelling snow in January???
                        Cleveland typically gets more snow than Toronto. But there's nothing for Shaq to play for up here. He's gonna want one last shot at a ring.

Comment

Working...
                        X