X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposal: Reggie Evans For Brandon Bass

Toronto Trades: Reggie Evans
    Orlando Trades: Brandon Bass

Brandon Bass has not panned out as the Magic originally hoped, seeing limited minutes throughout the season and in the playoffs. Bass and his agent have already voiced their displeasure for the minutes Bass is receiving on a stacked Magic squad. With the Magic deep in luxury tax for the next two seasons, Reggie's contract could help them save about $10M.

For Toronto, we get a space-eating post player that isn't an offensive liability. He's basically Reggie toned down in rebounding but improved in offense. This could help Triano in putting a bench lineup that won't be giving up major leads because no one can score. Bass has 2 years (plus a Player Option for year 3) at $4M per season.

I was going to shoot this down, but it actually makes some sense. The only downside is that it takes away some financial flexibility for the Raptors next summer.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

The only way this makes sense is for Ed Davis to start at the 4, Bass to back him up, and Amir Johnson to play behind Bargs. Can Johnson play his minutes at the 5? Would a front court tandem of Bass/Johnson work? Or would Bass start at the 4, and we'd play Ed Davis and Amir Johnson together as 4/5 combos in the second unit? Otherwise we'd have 3 PF's and no backup C's. Are any of these scenarios worth the sacrifice in cap flexibility?

Calderon/Jack ----- OR --- Calderon/Jack
      Weems/Barbosa --- OR --- Weems/Barbosa
      Derozan/Kleiza ---- OR --- Derozan/Kleiza
      Davis/Bass ---------- OR --- Bass/Davis
      Bargnani/Johnson - OR --- Bargnani/Johnson

Comment

Working...
      X