Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Barnesgate" Ends - Signs 2-Year Deal With Lakers (Update: Pg. 23)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He will get much more then the vets Min...

He has been playing for low contracts for a while now...

He is going to get atleast 3mil a year and if BC gave Amir 6-7 mil Matt Barnes should expect a nice raise....

Guy can play and he is tough..Just what this team needs...

Jose will not be starting...Jack will be...That is a given!!

Comment

Never been a huge fan of Barnes, but I admit he's a tough SOB bordering on an asshole. Could be one of those guys we love to have on our team but hate to watch as a rival. Played last 4 years in high-octane offences (2 in Golden State, 1 in Phoenix, 1 in Orlando), so he should fit in without too much trouble if he does sign.
      Last edited by jrdyck; Mon Jul 19, 2010, 08:06 PM.

Comment

It is curious how we can even afford him though, Orlando can't even do a S&T because they lost his Bird rights sometime during the offseason. (I think.) It would almost have to be for the minimum...

Comment

Do the Magic have his Bird rights? I can't remember... Maybe this is an opportunity to trade Jose? Even the small TPE they got might be enough.

EDIT: Just read the above post. If the Magic had his rights he would cause a cap hold on their team until they relinquished it. This would not stop them from re-signing their other free agents or using their MLE or BAE. They could still have his Bird rights if they have it to begin with.
          Last edited by Apollo; Mon Jul 19, 2010, 08:16 PM.

Comment

U know what this means????

If Barnes is signed...he will get starting minutes,ie...sf...problem I have there is a lot of guards...barbosa,calderon,jack,derozan,weems,belle nelli,klieza can play sf...something is up...there might be big trade coming up...hopefully...this team needs center and pg...no offense 2 jack..but u know what mean.
            "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
            My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

I just hope that BC won't overpay to get this guy too.....

I bet most teams are offering close to 3-4 million per for 3-4 years but watch the Raptors go for the big 5.

Comment

Orlando still has Matt Barnes rights!!!

So....trade...maybe...

M.Gortat
                Matt Barnes..signed
                Micheal Pietrus

for

Jose Calderon
                Sunny Weems
                Marco Bellenelli
                Dwayne Jones...
                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

No Sonny Weems.

Comment

EDIT: Sorry, apparently I missed something very important. "A sign-and-trade deal can be made even with players who have been renounced..."

I guess a S&T could happen.
                    Last edited by jrdyck; Mon Jul 19, 2010, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                      Does someone who can score 19 points in 6 minutes in the Euro-League work for you?

See link

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3144
                      Psh. There's a former Raptors first round pick (you should know who) that scored 13 pts in 45 seconds.

Comment

Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                        So....trade...maybe...

M.Gortat
                        Matt Barnes..signed
                        Micheal Pietrus

for

Jose Calderon
                        Sunny Weems
                        Marco Bellenelli
                        Dwayne Jones...
                        are you pulling names out of a hat? why trade assets for a free agent? a 3rd 4th or 5th SF (Pietrus) (how many SF do the Raps have now?). Gortat I don't know enough about.

Comment

im going to be so happy if we mangage to get this guy (for the right price)
                          Ive always loved his game he'll end up with a little bit less than Amir.
                          Im thinking 3 years 18-20 million

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                            No Sonny Weems.
                            I agree. I don't want to see Sonny go anywhere.

Comment

INFO wrote: View Post
                              im going to be so happy if we mangage to get this guy (for the right price)
                              Ive always loved his game he'll end up with a little bit less than Amir.
                              Im thinking 3 years 18-20 million
                              so a 30 year old after a few minimum contracts is now worth $6.5 mil per? I like the guy but hes not worth it. Why does Amir enter this conversation, different age, differnet position, different skills (hussle is not a skill)

Comment

Prime wrote: View Post
                                Psh. There's a former Raptors first round pick (you should know who) that scored 13 pts in 45 seconds.

Link please
                                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
                                X