Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Barnesgate" Ends - Signs 2-Year Deal With Lakers (Update: Pg. 23)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    BC should have held off on offering Kleiza as Barnes is a much better roster fit in my mind. Plus, I'm sure not that many teams, if any, were interested in Kleiza.

I see Barnes in Cleveland as they can offer the most $$ currently out of the 5 teams but wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in Miami.

Btw- who cares what he tweeted- who here is infalliable in their ways?
    did you not read this?

In hindsight, signing Barnes instead of Linas Kleiza with the bulk of the mid-level exception would have been more beneficial to the Raptors. But back when Kleiza was inking his offer sheet, Barnes was still holding out for more money from a strong club. The Raptors could have waited, but might have ended up with neither.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
      did you not read this?
      Yes, I did read it. I'm just offering my 2 cents as this is a forum- is it not?

Comment

Yes, I did read it. I'm just offering my 2 cents as this is a forum- is it not?
        ya and i'm just rititterating that that statement was pointless because it's already been explained that it was too risky
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
          ya and i'm just rititterating that that statement was pointless because it's already been explained that it was too risky
          Who are you the official Raptor Republic forum post monitor?lol That's your opinion, fair enough.

Btw- it's spelled "reiterating" kiddo. Like Melle Mel would say- step off!

Comment

• Brian Windhorst - Cleveland Plains Dealer - Cavs Beat Writer
            PDcavsinsider
            Barnes has made "just" $7.5 mill in career so difference of $2-4 mill in a contract very significant to him. Still, he's a role player. 12 minutes ago via TweetDeck
            http://twitter.com/PDcavsinsider

"Still he's a role player" just about covers it, except to add one that teams don't want to seem to keep for very long. Even the Raptors offer was only for two years with an opt out in the second year.
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Who are you the official Raptor Republic forum post monitor?lol That's your opinion, fair enough.

Btw- it's spelled "reiterating" kiddo. Like Melle Mel would say- step off!
              Technical foul!
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• It must sicken him to see guys like Mo Pete (no offense to Mo), who are no better and who have made a fortune. Ah, the benefits of sticking in one place and carving a niche.

Comment

• Barnes Leaning Towards Contender
                  More Cavaliers News

Jul 21, 2010 3:29 PM EST

Free-agent forward Matt Barnes is leaning towards signing with a contender, according to sources.

Brian Windhorst of the Cleveland Plain Dealer writes that Barnes could make more money with a team like the Cavaliers, but could opt for less to play for a championship.

Via Brian Windhorst/Cleveland Plain Dealer (via Twitter)

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wir...rds_contender/

Ah the old "sources" source.

Comment

• Thank god, am I the only one who thinks Barnes is a total clown? The only reason I would want to sign him is to fight Bosh during the first Heat/Raps game at the ACC. The guy tried to punk Kobe last year and the man never flinched. I hope he goes to Boston so I can continue to jeer his childish antics. I really don't like Barnes.

Comment

• That's because Kobe is tough. I'm all down for the Raptors to stop being everyone's friend. Last year if one of the guys got sent to the deck he was luck to get a helping hand back up, let alone what would be justified and expected on any team with self respect and backbone.

Comment

• Kapono & Barnes are on a Dream Team??????????????????

I am confused. Maybe the piece was written by a basketball reporter from Bora Bora.

Comment

• WojYahooNBA

Unless Cleveland raises multi-year offer that starts around $3.5M, Matt Barnes will sign a 1-year, $1.7M deal with Lakers, sources tell Y
                          http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

That is not as much as Orlando can offer him in a S&T with the Raptors.

Comment

• Barnes just signed;

Matt barnes just signed with LA Lakers...another one bites the dust...
                            What a joke raptors are becoming,I'm predicting not more than 20 wins..I'll put my house on it...

P.S

Chris Paul is available...lol..he ain't coming here.
                            U know how in soccer there is the elite and garbage...yeah were the garbage..
                            "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                            My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                              Matt barnes just signed with LA Lakers...another one bites the dust...
                              What a joke raptors are becoming,I'm predicting not more than 20 wins..I'll put my house on it...

P.S

Chris Paul is available...lol..he ain't coming here.
                              U know how in soccer there is the elite and garbage...yeah were the garbage..
                              According to what Lisa Dillman who covers the Lakers and various Lakers blog Barnes has not yet signed with the Lakers. They are however, one of the two teams that he is considering

Barnes Down To Lakers, Cavaliers

Jul 22, 2010 3:41 PM EST

Matt Barnes is reportedly down to two suitors, with the two-time defending champion Lakers leading the race to sign the free-agent forward.

Barnes was close to joining the Raptors earlier this week, but financial details couldn't be worked out because of the lack of sign-and-trade options between Orlando and Toronto.

Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports wrote the following on his Twitter page Thursday afternoon, "Unless Cleveland raises multi-year offer that starts around $3.5M, Matt Barnes will sign a 1-year, $1.7M deal with Lakers, sources tell Y!"

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports
                              http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wir...ers_cavaliers/

Comment

• May Raptor fans rejoice!

Comment

Working...
                                X