Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Barnesgate" Ends - Signs 2-Year Deal With Lakers (Update: Pg. 23)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Barnesgate" Ends - Signs 2-Year Deal With Lakers (Update: Pg. 23)

http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com...-agency-rumors

Shouldnt we be going after a starting/scoring SF or a shot-blocking center instead?

tbihis wrote: View Post

Shouldnt we be going after a starting/scoring SF ?
    You do know that Matt Barnes is a Small Forward right?

And that Colangelo's pitch to him most likely involves a starting position?

Comment

How are the Raptors going to acquire Barnes with no salary space? Does Orlando still have their rights? I'm smelling another 2nd round pick flying away.

I don't want Barnes. He's inconsistent and needs to be on a contender to perform well. We have enough inconsistency and I don't think we're going to be a contender.

Comment

Anon_Carbon wrote: View Post
        You do know that Matt Barnes is a Small Forward right?

And that Colangelo's pitch to him most likely involves a starting position?
        You do know that the guy barely avg 9pts a game in 25mins of play right? Thats why i said SCORING. He may start if we get him, but he's not a scorer. So i hope BC doesnt get him.

Comment

We were like the top offensive team last year, I don't think we need to worry about scoring.
          Raptors fan for life....sadly.

Comment

Barnes is actually a good option:
            He would become the best wing defender, and a big upgrade over what it was Antoine Wright last year;

If he was the starting SF last year in Orlando, he can certainly be the starting SF for the Raptors this year;

Obtaining him is going to be very difficult though;At 30 Barnes wants to get paid, that's probably around 4 or even 5 million /year salary and since the Raptors are over the cap and already spent their MLE on Linas Kleiza, the only way to get him would be through S&T with a team that has not spent their own MLE; e.i Indiana, Charlotte, Cleveland;

Also, Cleveland is really hurting after Lebron's exit and are probably willing to overpay Barnes; In the end I think he will likely end up in there.
            Last edited by benitonicoya; Mon Jul 19, 2010, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Does someone who can score 19 points in 6 minutes in the Euro-League work for you?

See link

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3144
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

http://twitter.com/twithersAP/status/18946018097

Hearing that Cavs and Matt Barnes not happening. He's likely headed to Toronto.

Comment

To repeat someone else's question: what money do we have left to get Barnes? If he's coming here it's because he can start and because he'll get paid.

Comment

Breaking news Matt Barnes almost a Raptor

http://paspn.net/default.asp?p=44&pl...ticleid=105413

Comment

sam wrote: View Post
                      to repeat someone else's question: What money do we have left to get barnes? If he's coming here it's because he can start and because he'll get paid.
                      tpe.

Comment

We could easily trade for him with the a portion of the TPE. Barnes makes sense as Kleiza would be the offensive 3 and barnes the defensive three. If we have to go big then we could put Barnes at the 2. Barnes is a good athlete who can guard two positions really well. He is a pretty good 3 point shooter to go along with the stellar defense. 2 years 3 million a season would be a good contract for both sides.

Comment

Matt Barnes can guard the 2,3, and the 4 when Amir is in foul trouble (too often) You could see Klieza and Barnes in the game at the same time with one of them playing the 4....

Ed Davis is in that mix too of course....
                          Last edited by it is what it is; Mon Jul 19, 2010, 07:27 PM.

Comment

I think he would have to be signed for the veterans minimum. I would be okay with that. He would add some good depth

If the Raptors did sign him then you might be looking tat

Bargnani
                            Kleiza
                            Johnson
                            Calderon
                            DeRozan

Jack
                            Barbosa
                            Barnes
                            Weems
                            Davis
                            Dorsey
                            Belinelli

Evans
                            Alabi
                            Banks

Pending another transaction
                            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Matt Barnes a Raptors?!?

http://twitter.com/twithersAP/status/18946018097

Looks like there is a good chance will sign with the Raptors!!!
                              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Working...
                              X