Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Barnesgate" Ends - Signs 2-Year Deal With Lakers (Update: Pg. 23)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    Say hello to the Raptors new starting SF. Sure, it seems like a lot of money for him per year but we're talking a two year term. This is excellent. Now they need to find a back up center and maybe an upgrade at PG.
    Dee Brown ? Bobby Brown ?

Roy Hibbert ? Okafor ?

Comment

Say hello to the Raptors new starting SF. Sure, it seems like a lot of money for him per year but we're talking a two year term. This is excellent. Now they need to find a back up center and maybe an upgrade at PG.
      Don't be so sure that he will be starting.

He can defend but he can't shoot worth sheet and Kleiza is a far better shooter and scorer.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
        On a sign and trade it allows BC to use some of the TPE.

Orlando signs Barnes and trades him to the Raptors for the TPE.
        I do not think Orlando can sign Barnes. There are no bird rights. I believe another team has to sign him. I don't see how this is over yet.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
          I just hope that BC won't overpay to get this guy too.....

I bet most teams are offering close to 3-4 million per for 3-4 years but watch the Raptors go for the big 5.
          if i were you id bet on the lottery coz you just nailed it!

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
            Don't be so sure that he will be starting.

He can defend but he can't shoot worth sheet and Kleiza is a far better shooter and scorer.
            He shot 48% from the field last season. He won't be in the starting five for offense anyway. He'll be in the starting lineup because he rebounds the ball well and plays defense. The guy averaged 5.5 rebounds in only 25 minutes last season. If he does that in Toronto it partially alleviates the Bargnani rebounding deficiency.

jbml wrote: View Post
            I do not think Orlando can sign Barnes. There are no bird rights. I believe another team has to sign him. I don't see how this is over yet.
            They must have his Bird rights. Only one team can do a S&T, the team with his Bird rights.
            Last edited by Apollo; Mon Jul 19, 2010, 10:30 PM.

Comment

The deal, which is scheduled to be finalized on Tuesday, will pay Barnes nearly $10 million over the next two seasons, according to sources close to the process.
              Second year may be Player or Team option

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5393637
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

He shot 48% from the field last season. He won't be in the starting five for offense anyway. He'll be in the starting lineup because he rebounds the ball well and plays defense. The guy averaged 5.5 rebounds in only 25 minutes last season. If he does that in Toronto it partially alleviates the Bargnani rebounding deficiency.
                Actually his career shooting numbers are about the same as Kleiza. We shall see how it works out in camp. Either way he is a plus to the team as is Kleiza.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                  Not sure how this can be a sign and trade. Because he signed a 1 year contract with Orlando, they didn't have his Bird Rights, and I'm pretty sure they used up most of their MLE. On the other hand, it has to be a sign and trade since Toronto doesn't have anything left.

It looks like its happening somehow, though. I think it's a fine pickup. Not great, but fine. I like his defense and grit, but he's not a young guy, so doesn't really do anything towards the rebuilding effort.
                  Apparently you can S&T your own free agents even if they've been renounced... as per Mr. Larry Coon. Who knew?

Comment

Best signing yet IMO I was hoping Barnes would be signed here, now all thats missing is a legit center...Any word on Roy Hibbert or was that just a random rumour? I know he isnt a legit center but it was an interesting rumour
                    Last edited by Priest; Mon Jul 19, 2010, 10:43 PM.

Comment

They must have his Bird rights. Only one team can do a S&T, the team with his Bird rights.

I don't think he played long enough in one place to earn Bird rights (3 years?)
                      Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Tue Jul 20, 2010, 02:48 AM. Reason: Corrected quotation by adding the source.

Comment

The Raps seem determined to have one true starter (Andrea) and a bunch of "sixth men", 20 minutes a game rotation guys.

Comment

raptor-raj wrote: View Post
                          The Raps seem determined to have one true starter (Andrea) and a bunch of "sixth men", 20 minutes a game rotation guys.
                          The team was built around Bosh, BC is using one summer to do what he can, not to mention we have 2 first round draft picks next year. Its all on Triano to make a system that works now. I also think BC isnt done this summer yet I assume Calderon is still and an asset to be traded plus the two expiring contracts

Comment

I think what BC and Triano are trying to do is build a 48 minutes a game up tempo team.

The Raptors may have the pieces in place to play a lot of three quarter court pressing for good part of the game trying to create havoc on the defensive end to take advantage of their athletic players.

It will be Rock and Roll time at the ACC in 10-11 4sure

Comment

You need to have assets first before you can upgrade.

Comment

That's been Colangelo M.O since he got here. He can never find a true NBA starter so he fills up the roster with a bunch of borderline starters and hopes for the best. Its sad that the goal from year to year is to make the playoffs instead of at least tanking big for one year and getting a top draft pick that could make this franchise good.

Comment

Working...
                                X