Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Barnesgate" Ends - Signs 2-Year Deal With Lakers (Update: Pg. 23)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Where is the link? His contract ran only through June 30th

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=5673

You talk a lot of trash and I sense you throw in some BS. Back it up with a link or go to the bench
    I don't have to post a link.lol

Dorsey may have worked out an extension w/ BC on the QO date if it was June 30 as you say Joey will make a little more than $800,000 in 2010/11 and just over 1 million in 2011/12 under the particulars of his contract. He's no f/a look up the current lists.....

Comment

re: Dorsey: I've been wondering what his contract status is. Some places are listing him as being non-guaranteed with Toronto next year.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=16628

Other sources say he doesn't have such a contract yet, such as Doug Smith:
      http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/201...has-to-be.html
      "Depending on how many guys they end up with on the final roster, there are those who think he might just get some kind of non-guaranteed deal."

I've got no idea, but there's a lot of conflicting info out there.

Comment

They signed him as a free agent and traded him for some of the Raptors TPE. No problem
        But Orlando doesn't have his Bird rights. The ONLY way they would be able to re-sign him is by using their MLE, which they've already used up.

jrdyck wrote: View Post
        Apparently you can S&T your own free agents even if they've been renounced... as per Mr. Larry Coon. Who knew?
        All renouncing does is cause the player to lose their Bird rights. They can still re-sign. Unfortunately, as I stated above, Orlando has no money to do this.

Employee wrote: View Post
        Take it for what it's worth people but John Hollinger just tweeted that he thinks all sign and trade deals have to be AT LEAST THREE YEARS, and he isn't sure how this deal is possible since we used most of our MLE.
        We'll see.
        Obviously I'm not the only one who is having trouble with the logistics of this. There's GOT to be more to this because as a simple sign and trade, it's not possible. I'm very curious how this is happening, because as it is, I simply don't see how it can work.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

They signed him as a free agent and traded him for some of the Raptors TPE. No problem
          Unless Orlando acquired Barnes in a sign and trade last summer from Phoenix, this is not possible. The Orlando Magic have used the majority of their MLE on Duhon and Richardson. The Magic are over the cap, have used their MLE, DO NOT have Barnes' bird rights since he was only there for a year so they can not sign him to anything more than the Bi-Annual Exception or the veterans minimum. This makes absolutely no sense. Something is wrong.

From John Hollinger
          But Raps never announced Kleiza joining team -- it's possible they mutually rescinded offer.
          I Am Shutup

Comment

Awesome signing! This is the feisty player we've needed since day one.

Comment

Dirk Diggler wrote: View Post
              Call me crazy but maybe do a 4-way deal with Dallas, orlando and indiana.

To Toronto:
              - Matt barnes 5mil/yr (2 yr contract) through sign and trade
              - T. Chandler 12mil/yr (1 yr left)

To Orlando:
              - Roy Hibber 1.6 mil/yr (1 yr left)
              - Dwayne Jones 999.K/yr (1yr left)
              - trade exception or TJ Ford for a decent back up 8mil/yr 1 yr
              left(even though they just added duhon)

To Indiana
              - Calderon 9mil/yr (3 yrs left)
              - Banks 5mil/yr (1 yr left)

To Dallas
              - Gortat 6 mil/yr (4 yrs left)
              - Evans 5mil/yr (1 yr left)

Why do this?

Toronto: Pick a chandler who is a defensive machine, a great pairing for bargnani, can run the floor and is only signed on for 1 yr which will not affect davis' development much and he could pick up a thing or two from chandler defense wise. If we got gorat he is hooked on for 4 yrs which would take away time from davis in the future, who I think will develop into a good defensive player.

Indiana: get a solid starting point and a decent backup, if you're laughing i understand, that is only signed on for one year.

Dallas: Get Gortat that is a guy they have were chasing last year who is signed for a couple of years and still get some cap relief when reggie's contract expires at the end of the season. Therefore get a "solid" center for now and the future and a dirty work guy for the same price of chandler

Orlando: Get a solid cheaper backup for dwight and get cap relief with the expiration of tj's contract and have a excellent scorer who I think would play great with dwight in the pick and roll or just get a trade exception from the raptors.

This trade works through the trade machine, I doubt there is any chance of this, but maybe just maybe if hell freezes over and this happens, toronto would be a solid 5-7 seed team for next year and it sets them up for the future financially.
              hibbert for calderon n banks aint happenin...

Comment

Dirk Diggler wrote: View Post
                Call me crazy but maybe do a 4-way deal with Dallas, orlando and indiana.

To Toronto:
                - Matt barnes 5mil/yr (2 yr contract) through sign and trade
                - T. Chandler 12mil/yr (1 yr left)

To Orlando:
                - Roy Hibber 1.6 mil/yr (1 yr left)
                - Dwayne Jones 999.K/yr (1yr left)
                - trade exception or TJ Ford for a decent back up 8mil/yr 1 yr
                left(even though they just added duhon)

To Indiana
                - Calderon 9mil/yr (3 yrs left)
                - Banks 5mil/yr (1 yr left)

To Dallas
                - Gortat 6 mil/yr (4 yrs left)
                - Evans 5mil/yr (1 yr left)
                hibbert's got 3 years left at 1.7, 2.6, and 3.6

Comment

Follow Me on Twitter MISTABILL

Comment

Barnes’ Toronto deal falls apart

Even after Matt Barnes(notes) announced himself as a Toronto Raptor on his Twitter account, the sign-and-trade deal that would’ve sent him to the team with a two-year, $9 million contract has fallen apart, a league source told Yahoo! Sports.

“The sign-and-trade is dead,” the source flatly said.

Barnes could still agree to a new deal with the Raptors with the available money left in their midlevel exception, but there appear to be larger offers elsewhere for him. A source blamed the snag on a “miscalculation” in negotiations.
                    http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?...contract071910

Comment

• Barnes to Raptors Faces Issues

Posted: 7/20/2010 12:14:00 AM
                      Source: Marc Stein of ESPN

Veteran swingman Matt Barnes, one of the most coveted free agents left on the open market, announced Monday night that he is headed to the Toronto Raptors.

But the limited sign-and-trade options available to Orlando -- Barnes' last team -- could scuttle the deal, according to sources close to the situation.

Under the impression that he would be receiving a two-year contract in the $10 million range, Barnes thanked Magic fans via his Twitter feed and said that he'll be "playing for the Toronto Raptors" next season.
                      http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineSt...20#STORY_27283
                      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                        I guess your wrong again?

Houston we have a problem.....

BC has to shed some salary and sign Barnes outright to make this work...

Comment

• at least bc is trying showing us what he's capable of.

it's just not working out. fudge, i'm trying to think of ways around this to get barnes but it's not happening he'd have to be acquired in a trade in december.

unless we renounced our offer to kleiza. but, that wouldn't be very nice.
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• I can't fathom a scenario where we'd renounce Kleiza at this point (if it's even possible, which is another topic altogether). The PR mess would be a disaster for BC, following on the heels of the Calderon/Chandler brew-ha-ha. Not that that was BC's fault, but to be linked to such non-classitude as renouncing a player who is desperate to play for you after giving him a good contract offer would deal a blow to the already difficult nature of bringing F/A's to Toronto and in general make the Raps look amateur (more so).

Unless we somehow clear salary, or unless we offer Barnes a strange contract that pays him the rest of our MLE this year, then like 7 million next year (which I'm not sure is possible) I really can't see how this can work. Which is sad because the value of having Barnes around Derozan and Weems as they develop in these crucial next couple of years would have been huge.

Comment

• can we do a one year deal for the rest of the mid level and then do a contract extension for 10 mill over two years?

this would have worked if bosh wasn't signed and traded?
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• The Raps would have to clear 17m or so in salary to sign Barnes to the reported 4.5m deal. In other words that route is totally impossible.

Comment

Working...
                                X