Kleiza Stat Comparison With Childress and Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kleiza Stat Comparison With Childress and Interview

Now that he is officially a Raptors player I see no reason why all the posts about him have to be limited to one thread. RR does not do that for any other Raptors player.

================================================
    Check out the stats from Olympiacos in 09-10

Here is a comparison of per game numbers Kleiza vs Josh Childress who was also on the team. Kleiza on the left

Category- Klei--Chil
    ---------------------------------------
    Games-----22----20
    MPG-------30.2---32.2
    PPG-------17.1---15.2
    RPG--------6.5----4.8

APG--------1.3----1.9
    FG%-------54.0---59.9
    3FG%------34.9---32.8
    FT%--------79.8---64.7
    Rkg--------17.9---15.3 (I am guessing that Rkg means ranking but I am not sure. In looking at the number for some other players it does appear though that the higher the number the better. His number was the highest on the team.))

http://www.euroleague.net/competitio...asoncode=E2009

Here is an interview he gave some time during the 09-10 season.

Linas Kleiza - OlympiacosAs a few other players of his generation, Olympiacos star Linas Kleiza has grown up between two basketball cultures. His parents, who are artists, left Lithuania for New York in the mid-1990s, while young Linas stayed behind to live with his grandparents and nurture his budding basketball career. When he was about to turn pro in Lithuania, at age 16, his parents decided he should get an education in the U.S. That led to a high school, university and NBA basketball career, every step of it a success. Almost every summer along the way, he returned home to continue his Lithuanian basketball education by playing for Lithuanian national teams. This season, at age 24, Kleiza returned to play club basketball for the first time on the continent where he grew up. On Wednesday against Lietuvos Rytas, in a key Group B game for both teams, he will walk on-court at Siemens Arena in Vilnius, the Lithuanian capital, as a visiting player - another first. Re-adjusting to European basketball has hardly affected Kleiza, who is the Euroleague's fifth-rated performer so far this season, leading Olympiacos in scoring, with 17.9 points per game, and rebounds, with 7.6 on average. As good as those numbers are, when he looks back someday on his European return, Kleiza will likely measure it by one criteria: winning. "No question about it, when you have such a talented team as this one, in which the president invested so much, it's about winning," Kleiza told Euroleague.net. "We haven't talked about anything else, our goals or anything, because we all know our goals are the highest - to try to win it all." (comment: They lost to Barcelona in the Finals)
    Indeed, in that road trip to France, you needed to score 19 points in the last quarter to save the victory against Orleans, which still hasn't won a game. Does that kind of prove that there are no easy games in the Euroleague?

"We went there after our big domestic win against Panathinaikos and we kind of took Orleans lightly. And they almost hurt us. It came right down to the end. They played a good game, but we pulled it out. I was struggling the whole game, so I definitely thought I had to do something to help us. I didn't think it would be 19 points in six minutes, but the game open up for me suddenly. My teammates were finding me good, wide-open shots. During the whole game before that, their defense didn't leave me, but in the fourth quarter, they forgot about me. That's when having great teammates and guards like Theo Papaloukas, Milos Teodosic and Yotam Halperin helps so much, because with them looking, the ball was going to find me, and it did."
    cont on link

http://www.euroleague.net/features/i...0/i/63563/3991

If I find more stuff on him from last season that I think may be interesting information I will post it.
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Mon Jul 19, 2010, 04:40 PM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Nice find. Its always nice to read about the makeup of a player.

Trivia: Vilnius, Lithuania...Sean Connery's character, the commander of the USSR nuclear sub in the movie "Hunt for Red October" came from Vilnius. Bad toupee for Sean but one nice movie I thought.

Comment

Breaking news Matt Barnes almost a Raptor

http://paspn.net/default.asp?p=44&pl...ticleid=105413

Comment

it is what it is wrote: View Post
        Breaking news Matt Barnes almost a Raptor

http://paspn.net/default.asp?p=44&pl...ticleid=105413
        You are trolling
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
          Nice find. Its always nice to read about the makeup of a player.

Trivia: Vilnius, Lithuania...Sean Connery's character, the commander of the USSR nuclear sub in the movie "Hunt for Red October" came from Vilnius. Bad toupee for Sean but one nice movie I thought.
          Its one of my favorite movies. I think I have watched it about a half a dozen times.

Comment

trolling????????

http://twitter.com/twithersAP

Comment

Yep

Posting a Twitter about some free agent on a Kleiza thread is big time trolling and I am being nice

You know that that rumor belongs some other place and not on this thread, so it is trolling big time.
              Last edited by Buddahfan; Mon Jul 19, 2010, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                Yep

Posting a Twitter about some free agent on a Kleiza thread is big time trolling and I am being nice

You know that that rumor belongs some other place and not on this thread, so it is trolling big time.
                Or you could go fuck your self...

Is this your thread? Did you buy it? is this a free fucken country????

Is this your site...Do you own it?

Maybe the good people on this site might want to know what is happening with there team.....

Asshole....

Go blow Amir and Livinston...

Now that is trolling but before that was called educating....

Seriously get a life dude...This is my thread man...lol...OMG hurting!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Last edited by it is what it is; Mon Jul 19, 2010, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Not to mention IF Barnes signs that directly affects Klieza....His playing time, starting? etc...

Trolling...LMFAO

Comment

This thread turned sour quickly.

Comment

I really hope Kleiza is sporting the facial hair when he plays in Toronto. He could have a grow off with Reggie if he's still around.

Does anyone know if he is committed to the Lithuanian team for the FIBA 2010 tournament? If so I will definitely be cheering against him when they play Canada on August 29th. Hopefully he comes through the summer in a better psychological state than the last SF that was through town.

Comment

Or you could go fuck your self...

Is this your thread? Did you buy it? is this a free fucken country????

Is this your site...Do you own it?

Maybe the good people on this site might want to know what is happening with there team.....

Asshole....

Go blow Amir and Livinston...

Now that is trolling but before that was called educating....

Seriously get a life dude...This is my thread man...lol...OMG hurting!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        woah, someone forgot there riddlen.

http://www.jokeroo.com/videos/funny/...-ritalin-.html
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                        X