Shaq?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaq?

Most people will probably dislike this idea and I doubt he'd come here anyway, but what about signing Shaq? He's a big body who could either play center beside Andrea or be his back up, he should come fairly cheap for a man of his skill level (say 3-4 million a year) and he would be very helpful in terms of developing Alabi and Davis. While he has regressed over the past few seasons, he is still averaging 18 and 10 per 36 along with 1.8 bocks and I think he could help us alot in the short term.

Again, this is more of a fantasy signing and I don't think he'd come here, but I think he would make this team a lot better if he did.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...onealsh01.html
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

oh, cmon he's a big oaf and he wouldn't come here although he prolly would scare the crap out of every one on the team.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

The Big Aristotle won't leave Greece no matter how much gold the barbarians offer.

Also:
      - he's a half-court guy now
      - not likely to want to come off the bench
      - no longer a great or even good help defender

Comment

Not on my watch

Signing Shaq would hinder what looks to be a speedy team on the floor. The team is set to run a track meet every night without Bosh and replacing him with Shaq would not work. He's also reported to be a locker room cancer and there is a good chance that he'd steal any ideas Amir might have for future videos. Let the Cactus take his farewell tour elsewhere.

Comment

This very well could go in the Bad Idea Hall of Fame.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
            This very well could go in the Bad Idea Hall of Fame.
            Why? I think sillydebate makes a good point about slowing us down but Shaq can still play ball. His per 36 totals are much better than anyone we currently have on the roster and he would be a great player to make a front court with Andrea. Look, you can say it's a bad idea but the fact of the matter is that Shaq is still probably the second or third best low post player in the league today and if he was healthy he could easily be a major contributer on this or any other team that gives him a chance. He won't end up here but you are going to see him be a very important piece on a very good team this coming season.
            "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

If BC wants to move Bargnani to PF I can see BC making this move in order to get a veteran big man to start the games off as the remaining f/a NBA centers start to go off the market ie Battie just signed w/ Philly. Desperate times, BC's final year of contract, call for desperate measures.

Personally Shaq should have never burned his Miami bridges(Riley, Wade, training staff) or spoke ill of Bosh(RuPaul of Big men) as he would fit in nice in Miami. I hope BC doesn't ever sign Shaq, this brother has never grown into a man's mentality.

Comment

New Raptors = defense and running game

Shaq = too slow

...picking up Shaw would be a circus acquisition like Hedo = sounds interesting, but doesn't work with team concept

Comment

I think signing Shaq would be a horrible idea. Colangelo wants the team to get out there and run. Shaq can't do this. Shaq also has the maturity level of a ten year old. As his skills have diminished he's become more and more volatile. He would be a gigantic distraction. Besides, why would he want to sign here in the first place? Shaq has been reduced to riding coattails. There are better coattails out there.

Comment

This CITY loves old aging players. I'm sick of Toronto being a retirement home for professional athletes. No, I love shaq fun on and off the court, but no not for us. Tell him to go to Miami, or LA and not atlanta though.

Comment

We want a fast team. Remember when Phoenix picked up Shaq? Ruined chemistry, missed playoffs. No thanks.
                      Raptors fan for life....sadly.

Comment

Haha I would love to see Shaq, but I think he would make Andrea cry, seriously.

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                          Most people will probably dislike this idea and I doubt he'd come here anyway, but what about signing Shaq? He's a big body who could either play center beside Andrea or be his back up, he should come fairly cheap for a man of his skill level (say 3-4 million a year) and he would be very helpful in terms of developing Alabi and Davis. While he has regressed over the past few seasons, he is still averaging 18 and 10 per 36 along with 1.8 bocks and I think he could help us alot in the short term.

Again, this is more of a fantasy signing and I don't think he'd come here, but I think he would make this team a lot better if he did.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...onealsh01.html
                          i would love for the raps to get Shaq!
                          http://websitedweeb.userboard.net-Introduce your website. No signup required!

Comment

It would be Hakeem all over again.

Comment

I really think its a great idea for so many reasons:
                              1: he is a true centre so even for 20-25 minutes agame he would relief AB from that task.
                              2: He will not havee an impact on our chances of getting a lotery pick next season (assuming no lockout).
                              3: really who do we have? a bunch of kids, they need a mentor and more improtantly someone to protect them. I will never forget that game against Indiana when the punk Granger wnet off on Weems and we ended up losing. With Shaq on board you have swag and no one will mess with you.
                              4: You can still perform the run and gun with a trailing big man.
                              5: He will not be expensive Atlanta was trying to bring him using the minimum. So maybe if we use the TPE from Hedo we can get him.
                              6: most importantly I want him to swat Bosh like a fly when we play Miami.
                              7: Ok not convienced yet; who is out there that is better and we can sign for the same deal.
                              8: Really, I'm sick of the no names the POBs who come get paid and then leave to Europe or never play the game again.

Comment

Working...
                              X