How Should The Raptors Use Their TPE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Should The Raptors Use Their TPE?

1.) The Raptors landed a $14.6M TPE in the Bosh trade.
    2.) The Raptors landed a $2.7M TPE in the Turkoglu trade.

Brief explanation of some important league rules:
    teams have up to one year to acquire the replacement player(s) to complete a trade.
    non-simultaneous trades are allowed only when a single player is traded away
    A trade in which more than one player is traded away can only be simultaneous
    teams cannot combine a Traded Player exception with other exceptions
    teams cannot use a Traded Player exception to sign free agents
    Teams can consume only part of a Traded Player exception, in which case they can still use the remainder in a future trade.
    Source: Larry Coon's NBA Salary Cap FAQ

With all this in mind, who do you feel the Raptors should pursue via trades? Who do you think they will pursue?
    Last edited by Apollo; Wed Jul 21, 2010, 04:32 PM. Reason: updated numbers

Dalembert, Biedrins, or Haywood would be good if we could get them for the big one and are most likely available. For the little one, I'm not sure.
    Last edited by hateslosing; Wed Jul 21, 2010, 03:08 PM.
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

- Andre Iguodala
      - Emeka Okafor

Hateslosing, I don't think you can land Biedrins from a team lacking size.

Comment

It''s Golden State, I'm counting on the fact they make awful basketball decisions. I don't want Iggy here all that much, I've always thought he was overrated and overpaid for what he brings. Okafor might be ok, but his contract scares me.
        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          - Andre Iguodala
          - Emeka Okafor

Hateslosing, I don't think you can land Biedrins from a team lacking size.
          okafor i don't like. iggy is not going to have any success here.

biedrins would be sick.
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Something to note: you CANNOT use a TPE to balance a trade - for example: Banks + TPE for a 8 million dollar player. So many people suggest this. The incoming player has to fit entirely within the TPE, or it cannot happen.

Oh, and Bosh's TPE was 14.6 million, not 16. Hedo's was 2.7, not 2.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

do not use it right now; wait till December when teams over the cap realize they are not going anywhere and looking to unload big contracts. Dallas, Boston, Orlando, San Antonio, Denver were all over the cap last season and likely will be there again this season...

Comment

The Warriors don't lack size, at least the way they play basketball... They're actually pretty stacked at PF with Lee, Udoh, Tolliver, and B. Wright. If they decide to play Lee at center (which he did in NY), then it's possible that Biedrins could be available. Dan Gadzuric is also on the roster.

Comment

Can they use it to refund 10-11 season ticket holders if the product is not satisfactory?

Seriously they should make a run at CP3 even it means trading Bargnani

Jack---------$4.9
                  Bargnani -----8.0
                  Evans---------5.0
                  TPE-----------8.5
                  ------------------------
                  Total--------$26.4
                  ======================
                  for

Paul-------------$14.9
                  Okafor-----------11.5
                  ------------------------------
                  Total------------$26.4
                  ============================
                  Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                  Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                    Can they use it to refund 10-11 season ticket holders if the product is not satisfactory?

Seriously they should make a run at CP3 even it means trading Bargnani

Jack---------$4.9
                    Bargnani -----8.0
                    Evans---------5.0
                    TPE-----------8.5
                    ------------------------
                    Total--------$26.4
                    ======================
                    for

Paul-------------$14.9
                    Okafor-----------11.5
                    ------------------------------
                    Total------------$26.4
                    ============================

When using a TPE in a multiplayer trade, the totals are not important. You have to get a set of players to match up in a trade on their own, for example 15 million of Raptors contracts for Paul. Then the TPE can be used, SEPERATELY, to obtain Okafor (11.5 million of it).

I'm going to say this one more time: You. Can. Not. Combine. A. TPE. With. A. Player. In. A. Trade.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

For the small one I'd like to see the Raptors go after Kyrylo Fesenko.

He's only 24, he's really big and he could play tomorrow. He wasn't lighting the world on fire but he did play 18mpg in the playoffs. He's not going to put the team over the top but he could develop into something valuable.

Utah has had a lot of turnover in big men though....

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                        Something to note: you CANNOT use a TPE to balance a trade - for example: Banks + TPE for a 8 million dollar player. So many people suggest this. The incoming player has to fit entirely within the TPE, or it cannot happen.

Oh, and Bosh's TPE was 14.6 million, not 16. Hedo's was 2.7, not 2.
                        Good point but the way around this is to break it down into multiple trades.

jrdyck wrote: View Post
                        The Warriors don't lack size, at least the way they play basketball... They're actually pretty stacked at PF with Lee, Udoh, Tolliver, and B. Wright. If they decide to play Lee at center (which he did in NY), then it's possible that Biedrins could be available. Dan Gadzuric is also on the roster.
                        Udoh is out six months, Wright is coming back from a major season ending injury, did they re-sign Tolliver(I never heard), Gadzuric is a bench warmer. Really you're looking at Lee and Biedrins as the only guys who you know can make an impact. Would you feel comfortable moving one of those guys for a piece of paper? What would be your next move? Use that piece of paper to find a big man because suddenly you're short? Sorry, doesn't make sense to me.

Another idea would be Chris Kaman, who has been rumored as being talked about between L.A. and Dallas.
                        Last edited by Apollo; Wed Jul 21, 2010, 04:34 PM.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                          When using a TPE in a multiplayer trade, the totals are not important. You have to get a set of players to match up in a trade on their own, for example 15 million of Raptors contracts for Paul. Then the TPE can be used, SEPERATELY, to obtain Okafor (11.5 million of it).

I'm going to say this one more time: You. Can. Not. Combine. A. TPE. With. A. Player. In. A. Trade.
                          I didn't break it out into two trades. My bad. It should be

Jack---------$4.9
                          Bargnani -----8.0
                          Hedo TPE----2.0
                          --------------------------
                          For Paul----$14.9
                          ===========================

Evans------------------5.0
                          Bosh TPE partial-----6.5
                          -------------------------------------
                          For Okafor----------$11.5
                          ===============================
                          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            Good point but the way around this is to break it down into multiple trades.

Udoh is out six months, Wright is coming back from a major season ending injury, did they re-sign Tolliver(I never heard), Gadzuric is a bench warmer. Really you're looking at Lee and Biedrins as the only guys who you know can make an impact. Would you feel comfortable moving one of those guys for a piece of paper? What would be your next move? Use that piece of paper to find a big man because suddenly you're short? Sorry, doesn't make sense to me.

Another idea would be Chris Kaman, who has been rumored as being talked about between L.A. and Dallas.
                            The only reason Kaman is being talked about is Cuban wanting to please Dirk. Clippers won't let their allstar go for a piece of paper, especially if Kaman clicks with Blake Griffin. By the way, I expect LA's other team to finally start competing for a playoff spot next season...

Comment

Here are my picks:

Big:
                              Al Horford
                              Josh Smith

With the signing of Joe Johnson to such a retarded contract, the Hawks will need to unload salary. We should be the first in line when that happens and Horford or Smith would give us the defensive and rebounding presence that we haven't had since we had Oakley and Davis on our team.

Small:
                              Steve Nash
                              Darren Collison
                              Aaron Brooks
                              Tony Parker

We need a small who can run. Nash would be a dream, but any of the others would just be nice.

Middle:
                              Danny Granger

Granger is an impact player. We do not have one on our team, and he would give that to us. I do not want the ball in Bargs hands when the game is tied and there are less than 10 seconds left on the clock. For some reason I always think that when he has the ball in his hands he's going to fall flat on his face and the ball will roll out of bounds.

We need someone else that can score for us. Granger can do that.

Comment

Working...
                              X