Calderon-----------$9.0
    Belinelli-------------2.4
    Hedo Rem TPE ------.1
    -------------------------------------
    Total--------------- $11.5
    For Okafor---------$11.5
    ===============================
    Corrected above. Which will work
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Wed Jul 21, 2010, 05:26 PM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

vino wrote: View Post
      The only reason Kaman is being talked about is Cuban wanting to please Dirk. Clippers won't let their allstar go for a piece of paper, especially if Kaman clicks with Blake Griffin. By the way, I expect LA's other team to finally start competing for a playoff spot next season...
      I thought Dirk just re-signed. I don't think there is urgency placed on ass kissing right now.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        I thought Dirk just re-signed. I don't think there is urgency placed on ass kissing right now.
        Kaman? But Dallas already has Chandler & Haywood & Ajinca & Mahinmi (all listed as Cs on their official roster). Some people have too much money.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          Udoh is out six months, Wright is coming back from a major season ending injury, did they re-sign Tolliver(I never heard), Gadzuric is a bench warmer. Really you're looking at Lee and Biedrins as the only guys who you know can make an impact. Would you feel comfortable moving one of those guys for a piece of paper? What would be your next move? Use that piece of paper to find a big man because suddenly you're short? Sorry, doesn't make sense to me.
          Forgot that Udoh was out... but just look at what they played with last year:
          Chris Hunter - 60 games
          Anthony Tolliver - 44
          Ronny Turiaf - 42
          Andris Biedrins - 33
          Mikki Moore - 23

Obviously most of those guys dealt with injuries all year, but still, it's no secret that Nelson prefers an extremely small lineup. Most teams go into the season with at least 3-4 legit big men. GS had 2 (Biedrins/Turiaf). I'm not saying we could get Biedrins for nothing (a 1st rounder would be probably need to be included), but the possibility is there with David Lee being added to the mix.

As for what the Warriors would use the exception for, they've got a few holes on the wing right now to say the least. Charlie Bell, Reggie Williams, Dorell Wright, Vlad Radmanovic? Not gonna get it done.
          Last edited by jrdyck; Wed Jul 21, 2010, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Yeah? Then how on earth can they justify giving David Lee $80? Tyrus Thomas only costs half of that. If their bigs aren't an issue then what's with Lee?

Comment

My point is that now that Lee is there, maybe Biedrins is expendable. The Warriors had a chance to grab an impact 20/10 player and they did just that. I'm not saying they won't keep and start both (they probably will), but it would fly in the face of what they've done in recent years.

Comment

Kaman isnt going anywhere, always liked his game, he was part of that 2003 class.
                Haywood is overpaid. There arent any ideal situations now, but like someone else posted wait later on during the year and teams will be desperate to unload contracts.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Here are my picks:

Big:
                  Al Horford
                  Josh Smith

With the signing of Joe Johnson to such a retarded contract, the Hawks will need to unload salary. We should be the first in line when that happens and Horford or Smith would give us the defensive and rebounding presence that we haven't had since we had Oakley and Davis on our team.
                  If we got Josh Smith or Al Horford for a TPE I think I might do a backflip. Josh Smith is a franchise Power forward who will get you 2 blocks a game and close to a double double. He is an athletic freak of nature that would instantly make the Raptors on of the 10 best defensive teams in the East with his ability to protect the rim from the four.

Al Horford is one of the best young big men in the game today and will be at least a 15/10 guy throughout his career from either the four or the five.

I guess what I'm getting at is the Hawks would have to go on a long a vicious acid trip in order for either of these trades to go down.
                  "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

iggy could be a good addition at the sf position
                    ya dun noe

Comment

I don't see many teams that would be in selling mode. Possibly the Magic to lessen their hit on the luxury tax, or New Orleans (due to selling their team), maybe the Pacers.

Maybe

Magic --- Pitreus
                      Pacers --- Dunveay
                      New Orleans --- Okefor
                      Houston ---Battier (they have way to many SFs)
                      Clippers - Baron Davis

Maybe but Not Likely

Chicago ---- Deng
                      Detriot ---- Prince
                      Dallas ---- Chandler (I'm still holding on)
                      Utah---- Kirilenko

Not Likely

Pacers - Granger
                      Nuggets - Nene
                      Sixers - Iggy

Comment

Toss aside all these other options

CP3 Wants Out of New Orleans before Oct 2010

Do it BC

If you never make another trade for the next 5 years get CP3

Update: 08:53 PM ET

When Paul was quoted a few weeks ago as saying he'd be open to a trade if the Hornets aren't committed to building a championship team, it was only a small hint as to the size of the chasm that exists between the franchise and its cornerstone player. Paul, in fact, has put into motion an aggressive exit strategy that will accelerate in the coming weeks, and his clear intention is to be traded before the start of the 2010-11 season, a person with direct knowledge of his plans told CBSSports.com Wednesday. "He wants out," said the person, who has been briefed on Paul's strategy but spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss it publicly. "He wants to play with another superstar. He wants to follow LeBron's model of teaming up with other great players." CBSSports.com
                        http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm
                        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                          Corrected above. Which will work
                          Okay, I'll try one more time. What you did is totally illegal - you cannot use a TPE to balance salaries. If you have a TPE of 14.5 million, you can get any player (or players) under 14.5 million. If you want a 18 million dollar player, you can not, in any way shape or form, use that 14.5 million TPE to get him. You can't combine the TPE with a 4 million dollar player. Non-simultaneous trades must be ONE-FOR-ONE; the TPE for a player.

The only exception to this is that the TPE can be split up to allow you to get multiple players. On the other hand, any small TPEs cannot be combined in a trade similar to the restriction against combining with players.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                            Toss aside all these other options

CP3 Wants Out of New Orleans before Oct 2010

Do it BC

If you never make another trade for the next 5 years get CP3

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm
                            CP3 wants to play for a winner and w/ another top echelon player(s) which counts out TO who currently touts Bargnani as its franchise player.lol

Superstars, which TO has none of, win in the NBA right or wrong that's the way it is.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                              Okay, I'll try one more time. What you did is totally illegal - you cannot use a TPE to balance salaries. If you have a TPE of 14.5 million, you can get any player (or players) under 14.5 million. If you want a 18 million dollar player, you can not, in any way shape or form, use that 14.5 million TPE to get him. You can't combine the TPE with a 4 million dollar player. Non-simultaneous trades must be ONE-FOR-ONE; the TPE for a player.

The only exception to this is that the TPE can be split up to allow you to get multiple players. On the other hand, any small TPEs cannot be combined in a trade similar to the restriction against combining with players.
                              I m sure if NO wanted to make that trade BC could figure out a way to make the salaries work. As was previously mentioned there is no way Chris Paul is looking at Toronto as a team where he has a chance to win. Also, if New Orleans is trying to dump salary, then why would they want to take back Calderon and AB's long, expensive contracts?

I don't understand why Raps fans keep talking like there is a chance in hell CP3 is coming to Toronto...

Comment

I think we would be able to put a good package for New Orleans to get Chris Paul. I don't think it's so much as not playing with all-stars that he cares about, it's more of him being pissed off that N.O. is just sitting around all off season. There is so much uncertainty going on with that franchise.

I don't think they would ever trade him,. but I would give this years two 1st round picks, Calderon, Weems, Ed Davis for him

If N.O. wants Okafor's bad contract off the books take that too. Expiring contracts or TPE.

Okafor
                                Andrea
                                Linas
                                Barbosa
                                Paul

Amir
                                DeMar
                                Jack
                                Reggie Evans
                                Banks
                                Alibi

just have to pick up a reserve SF, like Banks.

THIS SUCH A DREAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X