Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CP3 Demands To Be Traded - League Office Issues Warning To All Teams (Post #32)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is crazy!!! Although it may just be a political move by Chris Paul to try to put some pressure on the front office to get him some pieces around him.

If he is demanding a trade now, it is unlikely he goes to miami and how does that effect the rumours that bosh, wade, lebron, and paul made a "secret agreement" in beijing?

I would love to see cp3 in LA or NY!!!!

Coangelo go get CP3!!! give NO your first born son if you have to!
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ezz_bee, I don't see how it would be possible for Paul to ever go to Miami as is. Miami has nothing to offer. They moved their picks and they're capped so no TPE. They have nothing great outside the big three.

Comment

Dallas is going to be the move. Cuban needs Paul to hang with the big boys and this is his best shot, although I'm not sure if thier style will mesh with Pauls. Too bad they still don't have the Dampier contract. I'm not sure a Beaubois, Butler and Chandler again for Paul/Emeka is the best offer NO will get. Maybe Cuban can involve a third team and just throw draft picks at them until they say yes.

Portland could throw together a Bayless, Batum and Oden package, but again that is not spectacular.

Comment

Chandler can't be traded right now. He was just traded.

Comment

I say do what the nfl does and dont play him for the year

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
              Dallas is going to be the move. Cuban needs Paul to hang with the big boys and this is his best shot, although I'm not sure if thier style will mesh with Pauls. Too bad they still don't have the Dampier contract. I'm not sure a Beaubois, Butler and Chandler again for Paul/Emeka is the best offer NO will get. Maybe Cuban can involve a third team and just throw draft picks at them until they say yes.

Portland could throw together a Bayless, Batum and Oden package, but again that is not spectacular.
              hi, bryan!
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                So its okay for a team to not honor its contract with a player and trade him/her but its not okay for player to ask to be traded during the term of their contract?

What is good for the team is good for the player.

P.S. If he ain't coming to the Raptors then the Lakers would make my 10-11 season.

Pau, CP3 and Kobe

CP3 better than Wade
                Pau better than Bosh
                Kobe better than Lebron

Heat can forget it if they get to the finals

If CP3 goes to the Lakers and they play the Heat in the Finals the TV ratings will be so far off the charts they won't be able to measure it.

Figuratively not literally
                +1

good point on how gm's can trade players, but players cant ask for trades...
                im sure that IF cp3 has asked for a trade, he will still play and play hard for the hornets until a trade is completed... itz not like hez saying im just gona stay home until u trade me...
                Last edited by vinnie_paz; Fri Jul 23, 2010, 12:09 AM.

Comment

vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
                  +1

good point on how gm's can trade players, but players cant ask for trades...
                  im sure that IF cp3 has asked for a trade, he will still play and play hard for the hornets until a trade is completed... itz not like hez saying im just gona stay home until u trade me...
                  hi t-mac!

as far as these big threes they've worked out for the most part, phoenix:nash,marion,amare=conference finals,nash,hill,amare=conference finals

lakers:kobe,fisher,shaq=3 titles, kobe,pau,fisher=2 titles(artest)=1title

san antonio: robinson,duncan,johnson/elliot=1 title, parker,ginobli,duncan=3 titles

miami:shaq,d wade,payton/mourning=1 title

the list goes on and it seems to work out pretty good.
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                    hi t-mac!

as far as these big threes they've worked out for the most part, phoenix:nash,marion,amare=conference finals,nash,hill,amare=conference finals

san antonio: robinson,duncan,johnson/elliot=1 title, parker,ginobli,duncan=3 titles

Ben Wallace, C. Billups, R. Hamilton - Two NBA Finals, one NBA Title and six consecutive conference finals
                    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                      Ben Wallace, C. Billups, R. Hamilton - Two NBA Finals, one NBA Title and six consecutive conference finals
                      i would have gone with sheed instead of ben but that's just me.

Comment

Chris Paul should have known better

This is a good read---it shows why Paul should not have signed an extension w/ NO back in 2008, after their breakout year.

By the way, the Lakers were not on the list, according to a more recent report.
                        Last edited by AirRaptor; Fri Jul 23, 2010, 06:52 PM.
                        Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.

Comment

hi t-mac!

Forgot bout the Boston Big 3 now ahah
                          Pierce Allen Garnett

Comment

i would have gone with sheed instead of ben but that's just me.
                            I thought about Sheed rather than Ben. I do believe that without Sheed the Pistons don't win in 04 or get to the Finals in 05.

Of course the same could be said about Big Ben.

I loved both of those guys as Pistons players during those years, but I think I chose Big Ben simple because to a lot of Pistons fans he was the guy who created and most simbolized the "Going to Work" mantra of those teams.
                            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

The Raptors Big three, Amir, DeRozan and ????

Could it be Davis? Way too early to tell.

Comment

The Raptors have no "Big Three" - and if they did, Amir wouldn't be in it.

And Chris Paul is under contract. The team owns the contract. He's just an employee. In theory, he should have no control over his destiny (traded or not traded). Until Chris Paul is paying the Hornets to play for them, no, it's not okay to ask for a trade.

I'd like to see him stay put and stop being a dick, if these trade demands are true. Like the article a bit up this page said, he shouldn't have signed his extension if he's going to want out in a few years; he knew his situation when he signed.

Comment

Working...
                                X