DeMar DeRozan Dunk Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeMar DeRozan Dunk Contest

DeMar DeRozan has confirmed he will be participating in Slam Dunk Contest in Dallas!
    The best part of the night for me was talking to DeMar DeRozan who confirmed that he will be participating in the dunk contest during All-Star weekend in February (remember SLAMonline broke that news first) and he said that he had “Some s**t,” so everybody get ready. He didn’t seem to be up on dunk contest history too much because he asked me if any rookies had ever won it. I told him that JR Rider won when he was a rookie, as well as Kobe Bryant and Gerald Green. But it was no big deal; I just liked the way that he was thinking. Raptor Nation, you may have another dunk title coming your way real soon.
    http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba...medium=twitter

I expect him to win :yeah:

I also love cheering for a Raptor on Saurday night
    Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

Nice!

I'm glad he's going to be participating. Hopefully he'll be able to live up to the smack talk about beating LeBron

Comment

Yah that's nice.

But So What!

Dunk contest participation says nothing about your ability to play (Gerald Green).

Give me 3 more wins and no Raptor in the All-Star festivities!
        The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

I'm happy for him, but I won't get as excited as I did when I thought Moon was going to be the cat's meow. Talk about a huge disappointment and poor dunk selection on his behalf.

But overall, that particular dunk competition was a joke. D12's "Superman" schtik was ridiculous mostly because he didn't even dunk the damn ball.

Anyhow, the competition as a whole has been a huge disappointment since Vince won it. Hopefully DeMar can instill come excitement once again.

Comment

I hope it's nnot like Moon's. I was so hyped up then I felt so dissapointed in a first round loss. I think DD has more creativity to make better dunks

Comment

He won the McDonald's one in high school and had some pretty good stuff. Check it out

And a lot of great players have won the contest, I'd say Gerald Green is an exception in general.
              "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

That is better IMO

Comment

I don't know if DeRozan has the creativity to win, but who knows.
                  -
                  I hope Shannon Brown gets in, he has some ridiculous hops.
                  -
                  Didn't Nate Robinson say that he would only come back if LeBron was in it this year? I'm pretty sure LeBron is backing out of it right now, which would mean a star-less dunk contest, BAD for the NBA.

Comment

Lebron is too chicken cuz he knows DD will beat him down :P

Comment

agreed
                      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

I think he has a chance to win it. The dunk comp helped propel Carter's career and I think while DeRozan isn't on the same rookie level that Carter was on, by winning the dunk comp it will give him added confidence and maybe a greater sense of belonging? Just an idea...

Comment

HAve the other 3 contenstants been decided. That might help us decide if DD has a chance in winning or not

Comment

I think he has a reasonable chance no matter who it is. He can hop with the best of them and so it will only come down to creativity and execution. I'm sure he's already planning.

Comment

Hopefully he is focusing more on his game then the dunk competition

Comment

Working...
                              X