Why The Current Raptors Squad Would Win More Games Than The 09-10 Version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    good thing for us that the teams u mentioned are no the only teams in the league. its true they got alot better but what u forget is that for every team that loaded up on players theres another team that lost a bunch so things will even out in the end.
    even out in the end ?

bahahahaha

Comment

Only stats I care about are W's & L's. Unless BC gets a major NBA player or two via trade TO is currently in 15-25 win territory w/ their roster as is.

Bargnani & Calderon for Dalembert & a #1 pick!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Interesting approach to try and predict the raptors future success. I was originally on board with the idea that they will be better than last year because every position will see an improvement except for PF and even then you could argue that Bosh's big stats did not really correlate into wins.

I am sure they have the talent to compete for a playoff spot, but I'm not sure if that talent is ready or if it knows how to win yet. I think Davis is going to be much, much better than people expect and Klieza should be a glue guy in the AP/Garbo mold.

As far as the East getting better, people have to look beyond the big contracts. The East got dramatically worse this off season. One team became a super power and almost every other team that made a big move mortgaged any long term potential by signing flawed players who don't get it. Amare, Joe Johnson and Boozer will all make thier teams dramatically worse this next season and in the seasons to come. The East only has two teams that are guaranteed to make the playoffs, Miami and Orlando. Everyone else is one injury or stiff away from having thier team implode.

Comment

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
          Only stats I care about are W's & L's. Unless BC gets a major NBA player or two via trade TO is currently in 15-25 win territory w/ their roster as is.

Did you bump your head...I'm kidding but this trade does not make the raptors a better team at all. Bargnani for Dalembert would be a bad trade for the Raps alone but then you also give away Calderon?

Comment

i think your preditcion might be true> i certainly agree on derozan his failure will be the raptors failure his success will be the raptors success. I also think jose is definitely going to be traded before season starts
            ya dun noe

Comment

I think it could really go either way. The Raps are a young team and there's no telling what might happen if they win a few games early and get some confidence. Then again, they could lose a bunch of games early and become the Nets. This is why the Barnes addition would have been great - the Raps need an experienced winner on their side, moreso than just Barbosa.

That said, I think the defence will improve over last year (how could it not) so they won't be exposing themselves as much to that back-breaking runout, or dunk, or defensive miscue. The spectre of Bosh leaving won't be hanging over the team. And the team is athletic enough to really energize themselves and the home crowds, which has a demoralizing effect on other teams.

I still figure everything will be offset by the team's inexperience, and the Raptors will win about 35 games despite themselves.

Comment

I believe BB is a team sport. This stream is a review of the team components. Our success will be based on:
                1. How well they play together - chemistry
                2. What additional rooster changes occur.
                3. The competition's personnel changes particuliarly the EC.

The summer league provided some basis for hope, as we played well as a team, but the competion is suspect thus progress is hard to really judge. In short we have to wait a while longer.

Thank you for the article, we maybe better!

Comment

samrox78 wrote: View Post
                  Did you bump your head...I'm kidding but this trade does not make the raptors a better team at all. Bargnani for Dalembert would be a bad trade for the Raps alone but then you also give away Calderon?
                  You get from under Jose' contract. It might not make the team immediately better but w/ Bargs & Caldy's gone off the books plus Dalembert's expiring contract in 2010-11 you'll be able to make a trade deadline move and/or have major cap space for the 2011 offseason to bring in some quality veterans to surround the YG'z with because, I believe, that most of us know that Toronto is all about the YG'z era and are not rolling w/ Bargnani as BC's newest Franchise player. Mabey get a #1 pick from Sacramento as well but the trade works in ESPN's trade checker and Sacramento needs a PG (Evans is a 2) and could use a veteran stretch 4 to play next to Cousins.

Raptor's roster would look something like this post trade:

C: Dalembert//DJones/Dorsey/*Alabi
                  PF: Johnson/Davis/Evans
                  SF: Weems/Kleiza
                  SG: DeRozan/Barbosa/Bellineli
                  PG: Jack/Banks

If that was done I would leave Alabi off the roster as he's way too raw belongs in the NBDL(imo). Bring Bobby Brown on board as the 3rd pg. Use the Bosh TPE (Iggy). Try to move Banks, Evans & Bellineli expiring contracts for talent most likely a back up big man. Then see where the roster stands after all that. It's not a very realistic senario plus I highly doubt that Sacramento would do this deal and BC I don't see ever trading Bargnani but one can dream.lol I think that post trade roster would be a hard working one that would be fun to watch but needs a name player or two- like Iggy (TPE?), to meet its full potential.

Comment

This team will win 30-35 games next season.

Comment

You get from under Jose' contract. It might not make the team immediately better but w/ Bargs & Caldy's gone off the books plus Dalembert's expiring contract in 2010-11 you'll be able to make a trade deadline move and/or have major cap space for the 2011 offseason to bring in some quality veterans to surround the YG'z with because, I believe, that most of us know that Toronto is all about the YG'z era and are not rolling w/ Bargnani as BC's newest Franchise player. Mabey get a #1 pick from Sacramento as well but the trade works in ESPN's trade checker and Sacramento needs a PG (Evans is a 2) and could use a veteran stretch 4 to play next to Cousins.

Raptor's roster would look something like this post trade:

C: Dalembert//DJones/Dorsey/*Alabi
                      PF: Johnson/Davis/Evans
                      SF: Weems/Kleiza
                      SG: DeRozan/Barbosa/Bellineli
                      PG: Jack/Banks

If that was done I would leave Alabi off the roster as he's way too raw belongs in the NBDL(imo). Bring Bobby Brown on board as the 3rd pg. Use the Bosh TPE (Iggy). Try to move Banks, Evans & Bellineli expiring contracts for talent most likely a back up big man. Then see where the roster stands after all that. It's not a very realistic senario plus I highly doubt that Sacramento would do this deal and BC I don't see ever trading Bargnani but one can dream.lol I think that post trade roster would be a hard working one that would be fun to watch but needs a name player or two- like Iggy (TPE?), to meet its full potential.
                      Dalembert sucks what are you talking about. He can`t even stay on the court for 30 minutes a game. If we trade AB and JC for him we will have like ZERO offense next year.
                      Most of the Raptors are poor shooters from outside.

Imagine a lineup of Dalembert, Amir Johnson, Weems, Derozan and Banks! AHAHAHA

Comment

black angus wrote: View Post
                        This entire analysis is ridiculous. Do you really think adding individuals point production on different teams (some in different leagues) and in different systems can actually translate into a meaningful prediction of the Raptors success next year? You must have a better way to spend your time.
                        Agreed. You can't simply expect everyone to improve by several ppg in a different system and Chris Bosh's 24 ppg was able to draw in double teams which contributed to the open shots that many players got. I don't see Andrea handling the double teams although he is a good passer he just doesn't have great court vision. As well, Chris Bosh was a very efficient scorer.

Chris Bosh wasn't a great defender but he was certainly better than Amir Johnson. Amir doesn't have the physique to be on the floor battling against PF's that are 20-40 lbs heavier for 28mpg.

This is just way too random with no real facts to say that the 2010/11 Raptors will be able to put up the same numbers offensively while improving drastically defensively.

Comment

Working...
                        X