Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Summer League Non-Rookies: DeMar DeRozan #1

1. DeMar DeRozan – 4 games 21ppg 4.5rpg 1.5apg 58fg% 40 3fg% 63FT%

DeRozan was one of the best players in this year's summer league, averaging 21 points (including 3 straight 20+ point games). And it should’ve been more had he converted on more than 63% of his free throws. DeRozan is a scorer in every sense of the word, showing his outside touch, ability to attack the basket, get to the line as well as finish in traffic. He also took care of the ball, committing just 4 turnovers in 4 games. Out of all the 2009 draftee's, DeRozan was the most impressive this week and with Chris Bosh now gone, will be relied upon to contribute at least 15 points a game for Toronto this season. Judging by his performances over the summer, he looks ready for the responsibility.
    Source: NBADraft.net

Sonny Weems also got props.

7. Sonny Weems – 4 games 17.5ppg 3.8rpg 2.8apg 44fg%

Weems would’ve been personally pleased the Matt Barnes deal fell through as it improves his chances to be the starting small forward for the Raptors.Weems has the size, skills and athleticism to be an effective wing in the NBA. His combination with DeRozan was potent all week and he is more than capable of being a double figure scorer for Toronto this season

Comment

"it should’ve been more had he converted on more than 63% of his free throws"

I wonder if Jose can share a few tips with the kid.
      He is not focused and calm when he steps at the line, which results in a miss on the first one.
      Once settled, the second throw is automatic.

Comment

dn66 wrote: View Post
        "it should’ve been more had he converted on more than 63% of his free throws"

I wonder if Jose can share a few tips with the kid.He is not focused and calm when he steps at the line, which results in a miss on the first one.
        Once settled, the second throw is automatic.
        prolly already has.

3 bounce, bend knees, i go, i miss. hahaha
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
        X