Another Over Hyped ESPN Rookie - Runs Into Trouble With The Law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Over Hyped ESPN Rookie - Runs Into Trouble With The Law

What is it about ESPN and their need to hype these guys?

First pot head Beasley

Now "No Defense" T. Evans.

Not only doesn't he play defense on the court but I guess he had no defense in the court

Actually his defense wasn't bad for a rookie, but Jennings should have won the ROY

Tyreke Evans sentenced to informal probation for reckless driving
    Posted by Inside Hoops

Jul 24

Cathy Locke of the Sacramento Bee reports:

Sacramento Kings guard Tyreke Evans pleaded no contest Friday to reckless driving.
    Tyreke Evans sentenced to informal probation for reckless driving

Evans, 20, was ordered to serve three years’ informal probation and 80 hours of alternative sentencing, Sacramento County District Attorney Jan Scully said in a written announcement. His driver’s license also was suspended for 30 days, and he was ordered to participate in two California Highway Patrol Start Smart Driving programs, educational programs targeting teenage drivers.

Up to 130 mph changing lanes and what not. Who does he think he is this guy?

CIA Stock Photo

cont on link

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=6305
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Sat Jul 24, 2010, 11:32 AM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Not the first problem in line, this is:

PHILADELPHIA -- Sacramento Kings rookie Tyreke Evans is being sued over a fatal shooting committed by a teen cousin in his vehicle.

Evans is among four people being sued over the November 2007 drive-by shooting near his home in Chester, just south of Philadelphia.

Jamar Evans is serving a nine- to 20-year prison term after admitting he fired out the passenger-side door and killed 19-year-old Marcus Reason. Jamar Evans was 16 at the time.

Tyreke Evans was then a highly recruited high school player. He later played one season for the University of Memphis before jumping to the NBA.

Reason's family is seeking more than $50,000 in the wrongful-death suit filed in Delaware County.
    Source: ESPN.com

Comment

Are you trying to say that Tyreke Evans is a product of ESPN hype? Dude was a monster at Memphis and an animal last year during his rookie season? Maybe I'm missing the point of this post...?

Comment

I think he's referring to character. I think character plays a large role in a player's destiny.

Comment

Soon Demarcus Cousins will be joining this list of troubled players, don;t you worry about that.

Comment

Working...
          X