Xavier Henry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xavier Henry

It is appearing more and more like he and the Grizz might come to a signing impasse. Should the Raptors try and trade for him?

The Grizzlies are refusing to offer Henry the maximum amount allowed under the NBA Rookie scale, instead offering Henry a deal that would require a portion of his salary to be tied to performance bonuses.

According to NBA FanHouse, Henry and his agent Arn Tellem have not requested a trade to a team that will pay him free of an incentives clause.

For more on Xavier Henry’s contract issues check out “Grizzlies’ Standoff With Xavier Henry Continues” by Tim Ziller of NBA FanHouse
    http://therookiewall.com/blog/2010/0...o-make-a-deal/

Should the Raptors try and trade for him?

Maybe offer a future pick and some of the TPE?
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Fuckin Grizz managment. Just when you think they turned the corner to respectability, something like this pops up. I've never heard of a rookie holding out for money. Why wouldn't they just give him what he's entitled to? Why did they cheap out? They might as well have drafted someone foreign and kept him in his home country for a while. I like Henry, he's a scorer, but then again, that's all he is. I'd offer up the Phoenix TPE for him..and the Grizz would probably take it. However, isn't there a period in which rookies can't be dealt? Or is it once they've been signed?

Comment

There is a period after they have been signed that they can't be traded.

Right now all the Raptors would be doing is trading the rights to him for say the rights to a Raptors pick and some TPE. So I don;t think that there is a time restriction on trading him. It is the same as selecting someone on draft night for another team and then trading the rights to that player. Like Alabi was drafted by Dallas and traded to Toronto. Same here with Henry as long as he doesn't sign. Once he signs forget the trade.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

NBA AM: Why Mess Around With Xavier?

By: Steve Kyler Last Updated: 7/26/10 10:16 AM ET | 2140 times read

Why Play Games?: The current NBA Collective Barging Agreement contains a "slotted" salary system for first round draft picks. This system guarantees the first two years of a players deal and was designed to remove the negotiation from signing first-round picks.

The CBA allows for teams to sign players within 20% of the amount slotted. Most teams offer 120% to their first round-picks, getting them signed and into summer league camp quickly.

For whatever reason the Memphis Grizzlies have opted not to do that with first-round pick Xavier Henry and have been trying to tie that extra money, roughly $2 million over the span of a four-year deal, to incentives.

This is not altogether uncommon… Most teams offer the extra 20% as incentive to play in summer league, take part in off-season conditioning and skill development programs and to make off-season promotional appearances.

The fact that Memphis is pushing so hard on this, to the point of costing Xavier valuable Summer League time, is interesting, but even more so is the fact that Xavier and his agent Arn Tellem are not pushing for a trade, at least not yet.

The Grizzlies say they continue to have a dialogue with Henry's camp, but it does not look like either side will budge on this issue which puts Xavier's role in Memphis in doubt.
        http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?...medium=twitter

Comment

Ya sure, make a run. Why not? He was born in Belgium though, so all of our "no more euro's" will get there panties in a twist!
          "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
          X