Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colangelo Says Bosh "Checked Out" (Sun Article Posted On Pg.6/Post #43)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tbihis wrote: View Post
    sorry sleepz, pls dont think im teaming with Arse to gang up on you, but your points are good for me to raise my counter points. I think it was pretty clear when Bosh re-signed with Toronto in 2007 that he was opening the doors for a possible exit, as his contract was structured exactly the same way as lebron and wade. i dont think it was coincidence since melo was in their class but he opted to sign a longer deal with the nuggets. but in fairness to bosh, he did give toronto 3 more years to make the team a contender for him, but it just didnt work.

and the thing that everybody fails to notice is, bosh never really put an anchor on toronto. he didnt make lifelong friends to force himself to stay here. playing here for 7 years, i dont think he even owns a house here. wade is really close with haslem and quentin and did so much for miami. lebron lives in akron, and is really close with big z. what im getting at is bosh didnt really foster relationships with his teammates beyond bastketball, and i guess thats why he couldnt make his teammates work around him. in every job you have to have good rapport with your officemates not just at work but outside work too.
    Sleepz you're all alone here man. Have you read all the other comments from sane people, be it RuPaul haters or neutral guys like Apollo. RuPaul was a stat padder who quits on his team at a crucial time when he was cleared to play and the team had been playing well. In addition RuPaul never ever established great friendships here with any of his teamates and never ever reached out to make anyone else feel comfortable or make them better. Rupaul was and is about RuPaul and BC and Toronto got screwed by him. He was and is classless or he would have had the class to have talked it through and been fair to the team that promoted him so heavily over the years to make him appear like a star so he could get the money he makes today. Let's not forget what RuPaul just said in his interview in Miami where he says he padded his stats and still did not make any of the three all NBA teams. "What does a guy have to?" do he said. He blamed it on being in Toronto, instead of taking the blame on the chin whic he's never done. He's never been man enough to accept responsibility for anything but stat padding, including his own illegitamate kid. He is a loser and I and many many others are so glad to see his sorry lady ass gone.

Comment

BC is in a high gear, a panic mode to save his job. He is accusing his ex star of tanking it while just a month ago , he was willing to sell his mother and give Bosh his wife as a signing bonus so that he STAYS in Toronto !!

What does that tell you about the character of BC ?

If Bosh DID tank, then why all that energy and ... trying to sign him.
      If Bosh DID NOT tank, then why all this BS !!

This is a lose/lose situation for BC and in both cases he is looking like a coward who is just looking for excuses.

The rest of NBA has lost their respect for this Phony and I am sure when the team starts 0-10 , Raptor fans will follow as well.
      Let's hope he does not make anymore log term damage to this team.

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
        LOL, Colangelo is quite the character.

First, I don't think Bosh owed Colangelo any notification. GM's don't inform players that they are going to be traded until it's time so if you think he conned him and should have informed him of his intentions, maybe he didn't know what his intentions were at the time or unaware of all the possibilities that existed. Regardless, he doesn't owe Colangelo squat.

As for BC, interesting how all of the injury talk or Bosh possibly tanking is now a topic of conversation. He took extra days to get right and that is a sign of tanking? lol. Those are excuses and an indictment of the team he assembled.

Tell me something Bryan, how good was the roster you put together? A "50 win' team doesn't depend on one player unless his name is LeBron and from your talk the past few weeks you've continually hinted that Bosh is not the franchise type so wouldn't the rest of the roster and team be able to pick it up and get wins even with Chris being out? Was he that essential to be on the court for the team to even be competitive let alone get some wins?

His reputation is getting hit left and right and this is a sad attempt to try and save some of his pride and ego.

The roster he put together last year, and this year, is as much of a fraud as he is.
        Perfectly Said ....

Comment

What I also said was that maybe there was no such information to withhold. What Miami ended up doing wasn't assured until later in the free agency process. Maybe Bosh hadn't decided right away, although he ultimately ended up leaving.
          Wow. You must really have a helluva hate-on for BC. Too many "maybes" in the face of so much circumstantial evid. Can one of his ex-teammates be too faraway from pulling on their jockstraps to bleat out a confirmation? They knew what was happening because they checked out too. Strangely though, if I remember correctly, Hedo's game picked up during Bosh's absence/s.

Comment

Own Up wrote: View Post

Bottom line: integrity.
            Integrity is important but when it comes dealing with people who conduct their actions with Integrity as well.

BC stabbed Bosh the minute he turned his back and that just shows his true face and real character.

Comment

First, I don't think Bosh owed Colangelo any notification. GM's don't inform players that they are going to be traded until it's time so if you think he conned him and should have informed him of his intentions, maybe he didn't know what his intentions were at the time or unaware of all the possibilities that existed. Regardless, he doesn't owe Colangelo squat.

As for BC, interesting how all of the injury talk or Bosh possibly tanking is now a topic of conversation. He took extra days to get right and that is a sign of tanking? lol. Those are excuses and an indictment of the team he assembled.

Tell me something Bryan, how good was the roster you put together? A "50 win' team doesn't depend on one player unless his name is LeBron and from your talk the past few weeks you've continually hinted that Bosh is not the franchise type so wouldn't the rest of the roster and team be able to pick it up and get wins even with Chris being out? Was he that essential to be on the court for the team to even be competitive let alone get some wins?

His reputation is getting hit left and right and this is a sad attempt to try and save some of his pride and ego.

The roster he put together last year, and this year, is as much of a fraud as he is.

At the break the Raptors were playing great, were one of the hottest teams for the two months before the break and had around 30 wins. After the break the team had their winning spirit broken and things went downhill quickly. This coincided with Bosh having a noticeable change of demeanor along with not playing well when he did come back. I just can't point as much blame at the coach, other players or BC when it was Bosh who clearly stopped giving his all when the rest of the team was trusting and counting on him. There is a lesson to be learned from this that this years Raptors will benefit from.

Comment

That's not correct ... CB4 wasn't a regular player that the GM would just trade him away. CB4 was the franchise player which was consulted on many trades that BC did in order to build the Raptors around CB4. All Raptors marketing machine was built around Bosh, the team was built around Bosh, the biggest chunk of salary went to Bosh, the Raptors's game plan had Bosh as central piece. On top of this, CB4 promised he will let Raptors know if he wants to move on when the contract ends. As much as you hate Kevin Garnett for being such a prick, you have to noticed that KG behaved professionally with Minnesota, he played as hard as possible till the end of his last game as Timberwolves. CB4 played 6.5 seasons and finally he left Raptors on the back door. Now he speaks of himself like he already won many championships.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                  BC is in a high gear, a panic mode to save his job. He is accusing his ex star of tanking it while just a month ago , he was willing to sell his mother and give Bosh his wife as a signing bonus so that he STAYS in Toronto !!

What does that tell you about the character of BC ?

If Bosh DID NOT tank, then why all this BS !!

This is a lose/lose situation for BC and in both cases he is looking like a coward who is just looking for excuses.

The rest of NBA has lost their respect for this Phony and I am sure when the team starts 0-10 , Raptor fans will follow as well.
                  Let's hope he does not make anymore log term damage to this team.
                  hahaha raptor4ever, i think you just like playing the villain role, you want to join forces with sleepz and go against the world!

just to correct a few of your points....BC did not go to extremes to re-sign bosh, i think he already had the nasty feeling that bosh will not res-sign, regardless of what we offer him. He offered him an extension, which was mandatory anyways, and offered him a max contract which was also mandatory, and by mandatory i mean he had to do it because bosh is our so-called franchise player and it was the "right" or "politically correct" thing to do. BC didnt even go to the meeting with bosh during his FA to convince him to sign. he sent mark everest. who? yeah. exactly.

when bosh said "i need another all-star to play with me". did you see BC gut the team just to sign another superstar??? NO! and he could have. we had nice pieces to trade, expiring contracts to let go. but he did nothing, coz he knew, whatever he did, BOSH WAS NOT GOING TO STAY. imagine if he gutted the team only to have bosh leave?? case and point, cavs.

i think we all need to give BC credit. he deals with a childish so-called franchise player and owners that dont want to pay the luxury tax, and still this team almost made the playoffs last year. for me, i think he did his job, but of course, he needs to do more.

Comment

Integrity is important but when it comes dealing with people who conduct their actions with Integrity as well.

BC stabbed Bosh the minute he turned his back and that just shows his true face and real character.
                    i dont think so, i think he did the right thing. its unfair for him to get all the heat while bosh is basking in the limelight. up until now, half of the posters here were saying bosh was classier than VC for how he handled himself, well, thats not the case now. BC owes it to us as paying fans to let us know that who regarded as classy before was indeed classless. and the signs point that direction, its not like BC fabricated all this, if youre a true raps fan who watches games and reads articles, you will go back and say, oh yeah, Bosh did exactly that.

Comment

BC is calling CB out, plain and simple. And any true fan, of any sport, would sum up Bosh's reaction to his injuries as disappointing. Nash got his face bashed in twice in the playoffs, and returned within the same games - that's heart, that's what we as fans expect from our mega-million dollar idols. CB showed he had little of it - either because he was tapped out, or he had made up his mind that he didn't want to be a Raptor before. In life, you can do anything you want to do, and clearly CB didn't want to put in the work. CB gave a lot to T.O., but BC was bang on, and CB's legacy in T.O. will be marred forever as a result (BTW: I am predicting now that the Heat don't make it to the finals - Bosh and Wade have a history of injuries a mile long that will prevent that from occuring - hate to say it - go Lakers).

Comment

Not sure what you mean. The time when Bosh really started downhill was after the deadline. Colangelo was helpless at that point even if he knew Bosh wasn't coming back. His best bet, whether he knew Bosh was gone or not, was to maintain that the Raptors wanted him and were in the hunt. He had to protect his leverage for trades. Colangelo was working for the team, Bosh was working for himself. Not sure how Colangelo's integrity can be called to question here...

Comment

I heard the interview and it felt... unseemly. It just felt like the GM was trying to pass of blame and talking about "Well, if this didn't happen and that didn't happen...". It really felt like The GM was saying "Hey, just had some bad breaks! Nothing I could do."

First off, no one was caught unaware of this. Jalen Rose, of all people, was screaming last offseason that there was no way Bosh would stay. There's been whispers that Bosh, Wade and LeBron was cooking something up since 2008 (Hell, since 2006!). The GM is supposed to have his pulse on everything and if he was truly hoodwinked by his employee, then I think that's says more about him than Bosh. And by his own admission, he talked about how Bosh changed after the all star break and how voices were in his head. Well, if he was a problem then, why not trade him? Why wait and see this scenario play out. The whole interview felt like The GM was just dry snitching.

I don't know whether or not Bosh 'tanked' the last half of the season (gun to the head, I would say yes and if he did, well, you can knock me over a feather, a pro athlete not giving his all 100% of the time on a .500 team, I AM SHOCKED), but The GM sold this team with the fact that if Bosh left or was injured, that they could survive that and it's pretty obvious that they couldn't and the team that The GM put together was flawed and THAT is on him. This culture of "Star Player Leave And The Team Subtly Throws Him Under The Bus" just seems... dishonest and more about covering his a**.

We talk about the loyalty that players should show to fans and to the organization, but these players quickly find out that there is no loyalty there. Fans give unconditional love and our emotions get run over when a player leaves and get played on when a player wants to re-up... but our love only extends on how hard they defend on the court or their 3 pt %. As soon as they have a 6-24 shooting game or an extended slump, we call for them to be traded or don't be resigned when the contract is up, no matter how much the player likes Toronto or wherever he is. Witness Reggie Evans, who name was being chanted in pre-season and throughout the season we waited for him to bring the 'toughness' this team needs... and as soon as 5 games in, there's were calls to bench him, as he 'didn't know his role' and 'was a liability on offence'. I mean, does anyone REALLY care what happens to him? Or Rasho? Or Marcus Banks? I 'hate' Jose Calderon as much as anyone, but all he's done is profess his love for this city and this organization and show a willingness to get better and play whatever role is set out for him, and The GM trades him away, get it's reneged and now he's unsure where he's going. If you were Jose, would YOU have any loyalty to this organization? Would it be easy for you to go to back knowing that they didn't really want you here, if they had their druthers? And don't give me the "He's making 9 million a year, he should be proffesional about it". He's still a human being, therefore flawed and we can't expect him to be a better person because The GM handed him a lot of money. Plus, we as fans, owners (looking at you Dan Gilbert) and GMs (looking at you David Kahn) don't have much perspective on these things, why should we expect players, who've been coddled all their lives and never had a 'real' job, to have this?

The bottom line is, I just feel like this has been a mass failure by the organization to do right by the fans and the star player. It's not like we, as fans, haven't gone through this before and after a time, it's time to stop blaming the players and for the organization to look at themselves and their philosophy. To go a radio station and say these things when you didn't do enough to take care of 'your house' and to not build a team to give enough of a basketball reason to keep you around beyond 'Hey, we can pay you the most!' just feels like a guy fighting for preservation of his own job. Everyone just come out looking bad.

(BTW, the funniest part of that interview was him saying that Linus Klieza was the best post up player that Toronto had. If that doesn't tell you how much trouble this team is in...)

Comment

"Bosh gave everything he had for six-and-a-half seasons"

Raptors president/general manager Bryan Colangelo chose his words carefully during a Monday interview with the FAN 590’s Bob McCown, but clearly is not pleased with the way things turned out with Bosh.

Colangelo intoned that Bosh took a long time to return from injury even though he had been medically cleared and that he started thinking ahead to his future to the detriment of the Raptors.

“Despite limited swelling and any excessive damage on an MRI, he felt like he needed to sit for six more games ... I’m not even questioning Chris’ injury. I’m telling you he was cleared to play subject to tolerance on his part, and the tolerance just apparently wasn’t there and he chose not to play,” Colangelo said.

“The fact that our season was spiralling downward and we were hoping he’d come back sooner and we were also dealing with a few other things at that point ... we were really struggling there.”

Colangelo went on to elaborate:

“Whether he was mentally checked out or just wasn’t quite into it down the stretch, he wasn’t the same guy. I think everybody saw that, but no one wanted to acknowledge it.”

“At the same time, I never felt we were quite in the game (in terms of signing Bosh to a new contract). There was too much out there, too much built up for him to take an easy out here, and he decided to do that.”

Colangelo also said Bosh was hard to build around.

“We tried in vain to put pieces around Chris. Different pieces, different styles. It didn’t work out.”

“No matter what type of player we brought in, it didn’t seem to have the right mix with him as that centrepiece.”

Other then the timing of all of this being revealed, that’s the only issue this corner has with Colangelo’s statements. If you couldn’t build around him, you should have traded him, don’t use it as an opportunity to bash Bosh. Bosh has created enough ammo in that regard by himself.

No matter how Bosh tries to spin things, it’s clear he, Dwyane Wade and LeBron James thought seriously about playing together long ago and they likely finalized those plans at the all-star break.

He was not going to be a Raptor next season, so his thinking clearly was why continue to run through walls for the team and put his $100 million-plus South Beach payday at risk?

It’s easy to see why his general manager would have issues with that as well as his recent statements which said he has “seven years to make up for,” but we’re not sure he should become Toronto’s public enemy No. 1 the way Carter and McGrady once were.
                            Source: Toronto Sun

Comment

Pizzaman wrote: View Post
                              Sleepz you're all alone here man. Have you read all the other comments from sane people, be it RuPaul haters or neutral guys like Apollo. RuPaul was a stat padder who quits on his team at a crucial time when he was cleared to play and the team had been playing well. In addition RuPaul never ever established great friendships here with any of his teamates and never ever reached out to make anyone else feel comfortable or make them better. Rupaul was and is about RuPaul and BC and Toronto got screwed by him. He was and is classless or he would have had the class to have talked it through and been fair to the team that promoted him so heavily over the years to make him appear like a star so he could get the money he makes today. Let's not forget what RuPaul just said in his interview in Miami where he says he padded his stats and still did not make any of the three all NBA teams. "What does a guy have to?" do he said. He blamed it on being in Toronto, instead of taking the blame on the chin whic he's never done. He's never been man enough to accept responsibility for anything but stat padding, including his own illegitamate kid. He is a loser and I and many many others are so glad to see his sorry lady ass gone.
                              I'm not concerned if others disagree with me especially you. I actually prefer when you disagree with me as it serves to validate my sanity.

You can say whatever you want and have your opinion, which you are entitled to. I'm not sure what a stat padder is but the fact that you use this term so often obviously indicates you have a firm grasp of what this type of player is, except your arguments never focus on ball or have any proof of any of your accusations. They focus on personal matters that make you look like a bigger woman than 'Rupaul'. Where and when has anyone in the history of the league admitted to 'stat padding'? I still don't know what it consists of but apparently the more you say something you more you think it makes it come true.

You guys can keep on letting Colangelo get you riled up to distract you from the real upcoming issues of this team. He has you bent on a player that doesn't play here anymore but yet no one can tell me why the team sucked so poorly when Bosh was out. Shouldn't they have been decent with all the talent accumulated by BC? You guys are telling me about "friends and relationships" which makes me laugh. This is sports and it's a business you don't need to make best friends with players on your team and even if that was a concern Bosh and Jack aren't bredrens? Give it a rest. You're all looking for something to moan about and you will have plenty of time for that once the season starts.

Pizza, when you have some b-ball related things to discuss I will address you in the future, but for now you are beneath responding to cause I don't really know what to say to non-related ball posts. You talk about "illegitimate" kids instead of basketball which indicates how wack you are. Then when a blogger brings up something about Bargnani and pasta you get upset, lol. Your arguments are illegitimate. Love more, hate less.
                              Last edited by sleepz; Tue Jul 27, 2010, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Sorry Colangelo but you gambled on Bosh was staying in Toronto and you failed. Now that he is gone you are telling everyone what everyone already knew on Bosh but when Bosh was still around you made excuses for him and promises to re-sign the guy.

Should have traded him as soon as he refused to sign the contract extension last summer.

Comment

Working...
                                X