No announcement yet.

A List Of Suitable Centers For Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like. He's 25 years old. And we have a huge advantage in attracting him with our large Greek community.

The questions are:
    1) Can we motivate him to train up to allstar level?
    2) What do we have to give up to get him?

Comment

knucklewrap wrote: View Post
      Sofo is a beast, he played for the Clips in summer league,
      and had some crazy blocks on defence.
      Chris Webber, was doing the commentary on a couple of games
      and absolutely loved him, coining him the Summer Shaq.
      Check it out on youtube.
      I guess the Clippers didn't feel the need for a 3rd center; i.e. behind Kaman and Jordan. Not very likely he will get invited to the Raptors training camp in October as long as Dorsey is around. Just saying.

Maybe the Hawks would be interested if they can't sign Shaq.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Kwame Brown and one of Collins brothers is still available, not sure which one. I think Stromile Swift is too. So is Oberto.

Here's a good list:

http://blog.shamsports.com/2010/07/b...hats-left.html

Comment

we should try to make a play for marc gasol he is a very impressive player with his rebounding and grit
          ya dun noe

Comment

Small article on Sofo in the current Sports Illustrated, Inside the NBA column.
            They talk about him playing for Greece in the upcoming World Championship,
            Here's the quote:
            "When Sofoklis Schortsianitis is in the game, the offence runs through him.
            He's so strong and has very good hands. They run a lot of misdirection so he
            can seal his man off and go to work."

I know he would give us that instant toughness and swagger that we haven't
            seen since Oakley was here.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
              With all the talks surrounding Okafor and his contract and whether or not this is the best option available for Raptors, I started to think who else is out there that can fill the role.

I think we all agree that for Raptors to be competitive, they need a Center who is a great rebounder and a defender.

First ,from the centers that are in the league right now, who do we think fits this needs?
              Second, Which one of your list do you think might become available ?

This is my list:

Okafor , Tyson Chandler, Nene, Perkins, Mark Gasol

From this list, I think the only player that might become available is Okafor as the rest.

Can we carry our TPE to another year or does it expire at the end of the year ?
              Add Pryzbilla too if he is not having lots of playing time at Portland and Dalembert after December 15, since Sacramento Kings have 2 rookie centers on contract(one is a franchise center in Demarcus Cousins, is playing with a chip on his shoulders and will have a Rasheeed Wallace-like career where he is also a head case but contributes his all on the court).

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                expires at the trade deadline, from my understanding.
                Actually, expires one year from the day of the deal which should likely be after next year's draft.

Comment

GameBreaker wrote: View Post
                  What do you guys think of us looking in the Euro League at this dude?

LINK:
                  http://www.talkbasket.net/blogs/top-...ects-2954.html

YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrs4rGBMlbw (look what he does to Shaq...TWICE!!!)
                  Actually, that link has some guys, I would want on my team especially the Spanoulis guy if we are going the Euro way because we have a hard time attracting American players. This is why Jim Kelly should not be the scout of the team, he has a bad drft record and his scouting for Euros bring in players that are human pylons on defense. We need some scouts from Spurs and Jazz that get players that are willing to defend and play.

Comment

This is just my opinion but I don't think that BC acquired Anderson statistically the 4th best defensive player on the Rockets last season, according to Basketballvalue.com to sit at the end of the bench. He averaged 14 mpg for 63 games for a team that was a lot better defensively than the Raptors.

Some people here have clearly trashed Anderson for whatever reason. In any case in my opinion the trashing doesn't matter. BC acquired Anderson to play and the way I figure it if he averaged 14 mpg for 63 games as a rookie for Houston he almost for sure barring injuring is going average 15 + mpg for the Raptors in 2010-11 as Bargnani's backup. Raptors fans may not like it and I myself would have preferred Chandler, but I think that this is the way that BC has decided to go in 10-11.

Yes I know Yao was out and if he hadn't been Anderson would not have gotten the minutes that he did. On the other hand Yao was out for the majority of the season plenty of time for Houston to have picked up someone to play instead of Anderson if they really thought he was that bad. This season they figured that they won't need him so they moved him to clear a roster spot.
                    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

It's good for one year from date of trade.

Comment

First of All, Sofo is not 6'10'' in a 100 years, he's as tall as Reggie. A solid and strong player who is very quick for his weight. The clippers have his rights but i don't thinh he is a starter in this league. He dominated in the E-league but just played 15-20 minutes a game in part because of his stamina and his tendency to commint fouls. With a player like Eric Dampier playing defense on him, he's useless.

If you want a good Euro center who could be a starter some day, you should look at Iannis Bourousis. He's the starter in the Greek National Team and has been in the plans of the Spurs for some time now.

The ideal center for our Raptors is in my opinion Marcin Gortat. A great defensive center, excelent rebounder, very good shot blocker. He plays excelent one on one defense in the post and is very atlethic for his size. Offensively he's limited but with a solid passer around him (jose) he could put 10 or 12 pts without problems.
                        Conssidering Orlando is way over the luxury tax, maybe we can use the trade exception plus some player to bring him, he'll be happy with toronto because all he wants is minutes and an oportunitty to play, he said that in the past

Comment

I agree Gortat is the best option for the Raps. He along with Pietrus (sf) would be good additions at this stage of team evolution. Until they signed Duhon they did have a need for a pg so I am unsure what would be needed to entice them to part with these players other than their luxury tax position.

Comment

I'm surprised no one (I think) has mentioned him...but I would really like to see the Raps target Andris Biedrins.

I'd be quite happy with Gortat, who Orlando certainly would deal, but I think Biedrins would be ideal.

Biedrins can run the floor, rebound and block...which is exactly what the Raps need. He gets some garbage points around the basket, but offense is not a priority at that position for the Raps. GS is apparently looking to shed salary too (he and Monta have been mentioned as the prime candidates).

Comment

*Przybilla, not Pryzbilla

Comment

Working...
                              X