Forums Tip - Posts Per Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forums Tip - Posts Per Page

If you don't know this trick, I thought I'd share it. It's all up to personal preference.

I've been doing this for a long time on here. I learned it on another forum using vBulletin.

If you're sick of having to "go to next page" all the time, you can change the number of posts per page. This is especially helpful on threads with tonnes of replies. The max posts per page setting is only 40, but it really cuts down on having to go to the next page all the time.

Here's how... look for the first step under the Raptors Republic banner.

Forum Actions (dropdown) -> General Settings -> Number of Posts to Show Per Page: (dropdown) -> Show 40 Posts Per Page

Cheers drizz. The option here falls under: "Thread Display Options (showthread)" section. I didn't go for 40 posts per page, but met you halfway with 20 per page.

Thanks for the suggestion though. I've been meaning to get around to that.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
      Cheers drizz. The option here falls under: "Thread Display Options (showthread)" section. I didn't go for 40 posts per page, but met you halfway with 20 per page.

Thanks for the suggestion though. I've been meaning to get around to that.
      Yeah there's lots of options for how many you'd like per page.

Just noticed that the posts are numbered, were they like that before?

These forums are looking better every day.

Comment

I see 20/page now. I'm guessing somebody changed that globally because before it used to be 8 for me and I didn't change a thing.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
          I see 20/page now. I'm guessing somebody changed that globally because before it used to be 8 for me and I didn't change a thing.
          As per my message earlier in this thread Arse, I changed it to 20 per page.

Comment

I wasn't really suggesting that it be a global change, although 20 posts per page is much nicer.

The tip was just to all users who want to config their posts per page if they want to. It's possible for the non-admins to change the posts per page based on their own preference.

Keep up the great work on the forums guys.

Comment

Working...
            X