X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kreza23 wrote: View Post
    Really? Weems? As a point guard?
    I forgot to put this (sarcasm) at the end of the statement

I just don't think much of Brown as a NBA guard. Weems is actually not too bad a ball handler. I don't know about his dime passing capability but his handles are pretty good. He keeps the ball low when he dribbles, his dribbles are quick and close together and he has shown the ability to successfully use the cross-over during penetration, no pun intended. On the downside he does have the tendency to play out of control a bit too much.
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Fri Jul 30, 2010, 11:07 PM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

bobby brown seemed like a good pg who could facilitate the offence and knock down some 3s
      ya dun noe

Comment

I would much rather have Banks as 3rd stringer next season. Hopefully he chooses to stay in TO (or comes back), signing for a lesser and more reasonable contract. But if BC manages to trade Calderon and Banks, then Bobby Brown wouldn't be a bad option at all.

Another option would be Belli. From what I've seen during his time on the court, he has pretty good court vision and passing ability. It's just his shot selection that's suspect. But I could totally see him running the point.

Comment

jlongs wrote: View Post
          I would much rather have Banks as 3rd stringer next season. Hopefully he chooses to stay in TO (or comes back), signing for a lesser and more reasonable contract. But if BC manages to trade Calderon and Banks, then Bobby Brown wouldn't be a bad option at all.

Another option would be Belli. From what I've seen during his time on the court, he has pretty good court vision and passing ability. It's just his shot selection that's suspect. But I could totally see him running the point.
          id rather have derrick martin back to run the PG then have bellinelli run it!

Comment

F Bobby Brown. Trade for Ford..Barbosa has no pg skills..Calderon is only effective in a half court set..Even then he's iffy. Plus Ford can actually score unlike Calderon.

Comment

Fuck sakes. We should not be signing this guy just because he's buddy-buddy with DeRozan. C'mon, he's a below average point guard who isn't going to bring much more than what Banks would anyway. Calderon is gonzo and I'd rather Banks back up Jack than Brown, doesn't make any sense to add a player like him. If we want to address the PG, do it right, go get Rubio or another PG who can actually feed the ball to DeRozan/Weems, not Bobby Brown.

Comment

ya, after reading this i don't want brown at all.

Brown just completed a two year guaranteed minimum salary contract, initially given to him by the Sacramento Kings. He won that contract because of his play in summer league 2008, where he scored a lot of points in a variety of different ways. The Kings didn't play Brown much in any regular season games, and later included him in the trade that brought over Shelden Williams from Minnesota, as was their perogative. Minnesota forwarded him on last summer to New Orleans as a throw-in to the Darius Songaila trade, as was their perogative. (So, that's that joke out of the way early.)

Once in New Orleans, Bobby started to get regular minutes. Byron Scott played him as the primary backup guard, often ahead of Darren Collison and Marcus Thornton, but it really did not go well. Brown shot the ball every time he touched it, taking 152 field goals in only 328 minutes, and attempting only 8 foul shots. To put it bluntly, he chucked. (Byron Scott was later fired, Collison and Thornton started to play more, and the Hornets' season was salvaged. These things are all related.)
                Brown was traded to the Clippers in a salary dump later in the season, where he did more of the same; 191 minutes, 85 field goals, 7 foul shots. Brown took a three pointer every 5 minutes last year, and didn't seem to mind that he hit only 27% of them. He's a scorer, of course, and scorers need to shoot. But he just.....won't........stop..........shooting...... ...........
                http://blog.shamsports.com/2010/07/b...hats-left.html
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                  Fuck sakes. We should not be signing this guy just because he's buddy-buddy with DeRozan. C'mon, he's a below average point guard who isn't going to bring much more than what Banks would anyway. Calderon is gonzo and I'd rather Banks back up Jack than Brown, doesn't make any sense to add a player like him. If we want to address the PG, do it right, go get Rubio or another PG who can actually feed the ball to DeRozan/Weems, not Bobby Brown.
                  ya, go get rubio and i'm never going to buy some boxes of lucky charms again.(seriously, i'm scared of leprechauns.)

Lucky Charms of DEATH
                  Uploaded by MattAttackProductions. - See more comedy videos.
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                  X