Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose Uncertain About Future

The Spanish playmaker is focued on Spain and FIBA World Championship

Jose Manuel Calderon is training with Spain and is focused on the FIBA World Championship but, however, would like to know where he will be playing next season.

"I feel well. I am focused on Spain. My future will be known when Toronto and my agents will take a decision. They are working daily for the best solution for me and the franchise. Now, there is anything new to say" said Calderon.
    http://www.sportando.net/eng/usa/nba...y_future_.html

all these spanish guys always sound so damn focused on playing for their country and ding well.

the last paragraph or last sentence particulary makes no sense at all. But, I think he'skind of prepared himself to move on and realizes he's going to be shipped out A.S.A.P.

Whether that's a few months from now or a few days, i'll take this time to say Calderon it's been fun. But, this is a bussiness and the best bussiness decision is for you to get gone.

We're moving in another direction and we don't have room for you(in particularly your defence or lack there of). have fun in your future endeavors and making millions of dollars elsewhere.
    Last edited by LBF; Fri Jul 30, 2010, 03:59 PM. Reason: http://www.sportando.net/eng/usa/nba/12003/jose_calderon__nothing_new_over_my_future_.html
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

I still think Jose is a lot more essential to our offence than many realise, and that with his health improved and better team defence behind him we are better off with than without him.

Comment

Kuh wrote: View Post
      I still think Jose is a lot more essential to our offence than many realise, and that with his health improved and better team defence behind him we are better off with than without him.
      I feel his time is in Toronto is running up, his statement posted in this thread coupled with news of Raptors growing interest in B. Brown could only mean he is on the way out.
      I kind of agree with you that we need his play making abilities but then again with Bosh's departure I really feel the need to try something new, take a chance on someone else why not?
      He wasnt able to do alot when we handed him the rains of the PG position over 2-years ago so whats the wait for?

Comment

jose's been here for a damn long time his best year was in 2006 and he's never been able to regain that in extended minutes. he can go elsewhere where he may do better fighting for minutes or crack under the pressures.

he seems to content on being a raptor he needs to go.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I don't care if BC keeps him or trades him as long as Jack isn't the only proven NBA Point Guard on the roster that can play 20 or so minutes a night and 30 plus a night if Jack gets injured. Banks can't do that and neither can anyone else on the current roster other than Calderon. Boston won a title with only one legit PG in Rondo, but then they guys like House, Allen etc that could fill in in the pinch. They were lucky that Rondo was not out for an extended period that season. I think they also had Cassell on their roster that season. Who while old could still play decently in short spurts. Now they have added Robinson so they have two decent PGs.

The Lakers don't need two solid PGs because they run the Triangle.

However, almost all teams if they want to be successful really need at least a decent backup PG and Banks does not qualify nor does anyone else on the Raptors roster other than Calderon. Of course BC could always move Calderon for a non PG and hope that he can find a suitable backup afterward. I sure hope he doesn't take that approach unless it is a really good deal like the one for Chandler and Diaw would have been. Then it is worth the risk.
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
          X