Rasho Headed To Greece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rasho Headed To Greece

Looks like our old friend Rasho is going to play in Greece this coming year.
    I wish him the best of luck after a long career in the NBA.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv...th_olympiacos/

big-ups rasho do what you do

Comment

Probably about time for him to wind down his career. Heading overseas makes sense and is a great move. Classy cat who I wish could of spent more of his prime here in Toronto.

Comment

rasho is a class act and i hope him the best of luck i hope his son becomes a baller and represents his birth country canada
        ya dun noe

Comment

A greek journalist asked me some questions about this via email:

> 1. How is he holding up physically? I know he hasn't had any serious
          > injuries in his career, but what about his lateral quickness and jumping
          > ability? Since most European teams rely heavily on pick n rolls, big men are
          > required to hedge out, perhaps even more so than in the NBA. Can he help in
          > this department?

He didn't play much last year so he should be physically fine. During
          his first stint with the Raptors in 2006-07 and 2007-08, he played
          well but last year couldn't really crack the lineup. I think his
          hedging has always been rather weak, he's a slow-footed guy who uses
          his frame well in the paint, but don't ask him to come out to the
          elbow and three-point line to hedge too often. He prefers to stick in
          the paint and rely on his frame to deter would-be drivers. Rasho
          cannot jump and has almost no lateral quickness, in the NBA he's been
          a situational defender who is brought into games to guard big centers
          like Dwight Howard, Andrew Bynum etc. His frame can bother those
          players. He's a very good one-on-one defender because he uses his
          body well and can defend without picking up fouls.

> 2. Offensively what does he bring, besides a reliable mid-range jumper?
          > Olympiakos need a strong presence in the post. Can he provide that in
          > Euroleague competition?

He's got a bit of a jump-hook which he has used after a few post-up
          dribbles. I imagine that'll become more of a weapon in Europe than it
          was in the NBA, where defenders are usually stronger and bigger. His
          mid-range game is OK, didn't have much of a chance to show it off last
          year.

> 3. Finally, what should we expect character-wise? I know he didn't play much
          > last year, but what did you make of his off-court contributions?

In his first stint, he was great and that's why he was brought back,
          in his second, not so much. According to Bryan Colangelo he didn't
          provide the veteran leadership needed and sided with Turkoglu in that
          whole fiasco.

Comment

he's a big slovenian son of a bitch, who's slow as molases but we loved him in toronto he survives because of his basketball smarts.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Rasho I love you! Thanks for everything! Good like in Greece!

P.S. Get a summer home in Santorini!
              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

In 18 years I still expect his son to suit up for team Canada! his son should be as big as him and hopefully be more mobile. I hope his son name is Rasho Jr. and he will attempt to shoot 3's while screaming "LETS NBA!!"

Its funny but it almost seems like we just made a sign&trade deal with Olympiacos for Kleiza.

Comment

Rasho would have been the perfect 3rd roster center for a contending team. Best of luck to Rasho.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                    In 18 years I still expect his son to suit up for team Canada! his son should be as big as him and hopefully be more mobile. I hope his son name is Rasho Jr. and he will attempt to shoot 3's while screaming "LETS NBA!!"

Its funny but it almost seems like we just made a sign&trade deal with Olympiacos for Kleiza.
                    i'd do tha trade any day of the week.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

Rasho As Greek Would Be Eligible To Join Army!!

Olympiacos: Rasho will be Nesterovic, not Makris
                      The big man will play with his Slovenian passportRasho Nesterovic, after 12 years of NBA is closer to returning in Europe and signing with Olympiacos. But, with the Greek powerhouse, he will play as Slovenian (Nesterovic) and not as Greek (Makris). If he plays with his Greek passport and last name, Makris, he would be obliged to go to the army To prevent this, Reds will sign him as foreign player.
                      that's scary.kind of cool that he has 2 different last names though.

Comment

Working...
                      X