X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyreke Evans - Need For Speed

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...speeding-video

NBA Rookie of the Year going 120-130 mph on video

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP)—The basketball court isn’t the only place where Sacramento Kings player Tyreke Evans(notes) apparently likes to move fast.

A video released by the California Highway Patrol shows Evans speeding past vehicles on Interstate 80 in his purple Mercedes. CHP officers say he was driving 120 to 130 miles per hour.

The video of the 20-year-old NBA Rookie of the Year was shot from a plane on Memorial Day weekend.

After being stopped by police, Evans was arrested at gunpoint.

Authorities say the video offers evidence that Evans may have been racing another vehicle.

Attorneys say he pleaded no contest to reckless driving, was sentenced to 80 hours of community service, ordered to take part in teen driving programs and lost his license for 30 days.

For those more familiar with the metric system, Tyreke Evans top speed reached almost 210km per hour! Nice influence he will have on Demarcus Cousins.

The NBA where dumb happens.

pulling there guns was a bit extreme.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

That's so effing stupid, and dangerous... Although when I was in university I once drove from waterloo to ottawa in four hours going 180km at certain points (in a rental car also). Still not sure how I managed not to get pulled over, but I realized how dumb it was and don't drive more than 110 on the 401. Hopefully Evans learns his lesson too!
      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

This guy is a meat head. They should take his license for a couple years. This guys has trouble written all over him.

Comment

A good car doesn't make you a good driver.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            This guy is a meat head. They should take his license for a couple years. This guys has trouble written all over him.
            He is sacred NBA property for now. After all ESPN anointed him ROY which he won. However, I do agree that he needs to get his act cleaned up. It is possible. It appears that Carmelo may have cleaned up his act. In April 2008 he was busted for driving under the influence.

April 15, 2008

DENVER -- NBA All-Star Carmelo Anthony was arrested early Monday on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol, hours after his worst game of the season.

The Denver Nuggets forward was arrested on Interstate 25, police said. He was alone in the car and pulled over for weaving and not dimming his lights.

Detective Sharon Hahn said Anthony failed a series of sobriety tests. He was charged with DUI and then taken to police headquarters before being released to a "sober responsible party," Hahn said. Anthony is due in court May 14.
            http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3346621
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Reke is being sued for his participation in a drive by shooting... Melo was small time.

Comment

His new name is Tyreke Richardson...

The guns were not necessary.

Comment

Working...
                X