Bryan Colangelo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
    what about the gm from 2001 who actually got us past the first round ?
    why do you think he got fired?
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Kevin Pritchard. The man known for drafting Oden over Durant. Hmmmm. Any reason why he's still out of a job? Let's face it, Colangelo is all we have in attracting future players in this country. Give him 2 years and let him play out his current contract. I'm telling you, if he manages to unload Calderon for Wilson Chandler, he will be king... Give the man time - he too deserve to clean up the mess before him.
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

BC's vision is bullsh*t. We are going on year 5 of the BC era in TO and TO has went from Division champs to Conference chumps under his watch all the while losing CB4 who saw through BC's bs vision and bolted to Miami- one that always included Bargnani. BC had surrounded Bosh with questionable & marginal NBA talent and expected him to carry the whole team- even KMalone had Stockton, w/o that second star caliber player. Riley showed BC how build a team with Bosh while taking him away from BC which began with the JO deal.

Time for BC to take his steez and leave TO. The Raptor's need a new vision with new minds behind the team design as this international/US player mix team experiment is a direct disrespect to the more knowledgeable Raptor fans and followers who enjoy NBA basketball. To the folks still drinking the BC kool aid- one word- Jonestown.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
          why do you think he got fired?
          I still think he was the best G.M in Raptors history. It seemed like he had a good feel for the draft, and he knew enough to surround his young talent with good vets. Also I think Butch was a decent not great. I definitly think we paniced and got rid of him a little too soon before he had a fair chance to clean up what he had a part in creating

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
            I'm telling you, if he manages to unload Calderon for Wilson Chandler, he will be king... Give the man time - he too deserve to clean up the mess before him.
            yea the knicks who just signed raymond felton to a 2 year 16 million dolllar contract are really going to take on jose caderon and his 30 million dollar contract ?

and how does acquiring wilson chandler make bc king ? oooh everyone watch out the raps and wilson chandler are tearing shit up !!

Comment

i say if the raptors make the playoffs BC stays if they don't he should be shown the door
              ya dun noe

Comment

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
                BC's vision is bullsh*t. We are going on year 5 of the BC era in TO and TO has went from Division champs to Conference chumps under his watch all the while losing CB4 who saw through BC's bs vision and bolted to Miami- one that always included Bargnani. BC had surrounded Bosh with questionable & marginal NBA talent and expected him to carry the whole team- even KMalone had Stockton, w/o that second star caliber player. Riley showed BC how build a team with Bosh while taking him away from BC which began with the JO deal.

Time for BC to take his steez and leave TO. The Raptor's need a new vision with new minds behind the team design as this international/US player mix team experiment is a direct disrespect to the more knowledgeable Raptor fans and followers who enjoy NBA basketball. To the folks still drinking the BC kool aid- one word- Jonestown.
                some of the same players that were bosh's supporting cast here in T.O have had playoff success for other teams since as role players.

when your franchise guy isnt a franchise guy theres not enough role players out there to make up for that.

our problem has not been the supporting cast its been our franchise guy all along & how peeps cant see that is beyond me. if bosh was as good as wade, LBJ, kobe, duncan, shaq we would have seen a hell of alot more playoff games in T.O

Bosh,Vc,Tmac & all the rest of our franchise guys were over hyped due to the fact they had pretty much a whole country stroking there ego's. they became bigger then the game,then they flew south seeking even more ego stroking.

also pat riley has had success yes but hes had his share of loosing season just like the rest. if bosh was as serious as colangelo is about building a winner in T.O then he could have tryed to recriut someone to T.O this year instead of bolting. we might not have had as much cap space as miami but we had something of more value seeing how the FA frenzy played out & that was sign & trade assets(alot more then miami had to offer). we could have pretty much traded anyone for the likes of LBJ & Wade.
                Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Sun Aug 1, 2010, 11:48 PM.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                  some of the same players that were bosh's supporting cast here in T.O have had playoff success for other teams since as role players.
                  who moon n parker ?

Comment

ok number one MLSE makes a ton of money from the raptors in toronto... even when the team is horrible the acc is usually sold out... why would MLSE move the raps to vegas ??

number two... there are a ton of assistant gm's, former gm's, former players, and even broadcasters who would kill to take over a team and show how smart they are

number three... why would any gm take any job knowing that he is gona have to clean up a mess... anytime a gm is replaced it's b/c the team is a mess...(exception k pritchard) no team says hey so we have a franchise player, some good secondaary pieces, young talent, and all of our draft picks... hmm i have an idea... lets fire the gm !! (exception k pritchard)
                    You're kidding right? Colangelo had actually managed to build a couple of successful seasons with the Raptors with Bosh, who clearly is not a centerpiece. So instead of someone with, at the very least, a name that demands respect and the skill/balls to pull the trigger with a trade that will make the team better, you want the questionable and unproven following: "a ton of assistant gm's, former gm's, former players, and even broadcasters who would kill to take over a team and show how smart they are" And i mentioned the move to Vegas just as an example of what could happen, not that it ever will.

Comment

your mom wrote: View Post
                      You're kidding right? Colangelo had actually managed to build a couple of successful seasons with the Raptors with Bosh, who clearly is not a centerpiece. So instead of someone with, at the very least, a name that demands respect and the skill/balls to pull the trigger with a trade that will make the team better
                      ok again...

number one... a couple of successful seasons ? really ? wat 2 first round playoff exits is successful to you ?

number two...a name that demands respect ? why does bc's name demand any more respect than the gm's of philly, new york, new jersy, indiana, charlotte, detroit ?

some of those gm's have actually won championships... why is bc so special to you ?

number three... pull the trigger with a trade that will make the team better? ok every gm tries to do that... why does bc get special credit for trying to do that ? and what trades are you talking about that made the team so much better ??

number four... you wrote "i mentioned the move to Vegas just as an example of what could happen, not that it ever will."

so why would you mention it ? the raps could go 40-42 for 5 years and acc will be sold out and mlse will never even hint at moving the team...

i encourage you to think about why you have bc so high up and think that he is the only person on the planet to run this team... are you telling me that there ARENT other basketball people who just maybe have a ton of experience in the NBA that could run a team ?
                      Last edited by vinnie_paz; Mon Aug 2, 2010, 12:59 AM.

Comment

You're kidding right? Colangelo had actually managed to build a couple of successful seasons with the Raptors with Bosh, who clearly is not a centerpiece.
                        i hope you know that bc offered bosh a max contract right ? so if bc didnt think bosh was a franchise player then why did he go on record before the 2009-2010 season and say we hope to hav chris signed with us for a long time and he went on to say how special of a player chris is?

i agree bosh isnt a franchise player but BC thought he was all the way up to march 2010...

bc tried to build around bosh since he got here... never did the gm you defend so much try to trade bosh.

Comment

ok again...

number one... a couple of successful seasons ? really ? wat 2 first round playoff exits is successful to you ?

number two...a name that demands respect ? why does bc's name demand any more respect than the gm's of philly, new york, new jersy, indiana, charlotte, detroit ?

some of those gm's have actually won championships... why is bc so special to you ?

number three... pull the trigger with a trade that will make the team better? ok every gm tries to do that... why does bc get special credit for trying to do that ? and what trades are you talking about that made the team so much better ??

number four... you wrote "i mentioned the move to Vegas just as an example of what could happen, not that it ever will."

so why would you mention it ? the raps could go 40-42 for 5 years and acc will be sold out and mlse will never even hint at moving the team...

i encourage you to think about why you have bc so high up and think that he is the only person on the planet to run this team... are you telling me that there ARENT other basketball people who just maybe have a ton of experience in the NBA that could run a team ?
                          First off i think you're the type of angry fan that just disagrees with everything everyone says just to feel special. But ill keep humoring you.

1. success is relative. Our most successful season was a second round playoff exit. So by our low standards, 47 wins and an atlantic division title is somewhat successful. It takes some GMs 5 years to accomplish that, BC did it in one. Yes we declined, but to be able to pull that off takes some level of skill. Meaning, he should be given at least a 2 more seasons with a roster totally his own, and at that time the true judgements can happen

2. Colangelo is known league-wide. Please tell me who you are more likely to talk business and serious trade with, Bryan Colangelo, or some a random dude that MLSE finds, because those are the only types that are likely to arrive here if BC goes. Regardless of his transaction history, BC still pulls lopsided trades because his peers know and respect him.

3. You probably shit yourself with excitement when you found out we landed Hedo Turkoglu. It didnt pan out, but the whole city was praising BC for actually getting a high profile figure to sign with the raptors. Bottom line, BC can acquire talent creatively, who else has this franchise had with his skill?

I dont have BC on some sort of pedestal, but I dont see just dont see a better replacement out there right now. Give the man a couple more seasons, if it doesnt work out, then bite his head off. But i think right now he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                            Kevin Pritchard. The man known for drafting Oden over Durant. Hmmmm. Any reason why he's still out of a job?
                            yea he's also the guy that on draft night was able to trade randy foye for brandon roy...
                            acquired rudy fernandez for a tpe
                            acquired nicolas batum for darell arthur n joey dorsey.
                            he's on record for urging the trailblazers to pick chris paul, but instead they traded the pick to utah
                            traded telfair and ratliff for a 7th pick. guess who they ended up getting ?
                            traded tyrus thomas for aldridge.

oden was the projected top pick n no one predicted durant would be this good.

Comment

First off i think you're the type of angry fan that just disagrees with everything everyone says just to feel special. But ill keep humoring you.

1. success is relative. Our most successful season was a second round playoff exit. So by our low standards, 47 wins and an atlantic division title is somewhat successful. It takes some GMs 5 years to accomplish that, BC did it in one. Yes we declined, but to be able to pull that off takes some level of skill. Meaning, he should be given at least a 2 more seasons with a roster totally his own, and at that time the true judgements can happen

2. Colangelo is known league-wide. Please tell me who you are more likely to talk business and serious trade with, Bryan Colangelo, or some a random dude that MLSE finds, because those are the only types that are likely to arrive here if BC goes. Regardless of his transaction history, BC still pulls lopsided trades because his peers know and respect him.

3. You probably shit yourself with excitement when you found out we landed Hedo Turkoglu. It didnt pan out, but the whole city was praising BC for actually getting a high profile figure to sign with the raptors. Bottom line, BC can acquire talent creatively, who else has this franchise had with his skill?

I dont have BC on some sort of pedestal, but I dont see just dont see a better replacement out there right now. Give the man a couple more seasons, if it doesnt work out, then bite his head off. But i think right now he deserves the benefit of the doubt.
                              which part of my post sounded angry?

please look at the rosters of the celtics (pre big 3), 76ers (no AI), nets (lots of injuries to carter, kidd, n rj), and knicks (isah thomas years) and tell me why winning a division title in 2006 is a good measuring stick to use when measuring the success under bc ?

so the portland trail blazers who just hired a former assistant gm... so what no one will talk to them now? because a former assistant gm of an NBA franchise is not worthy of talking "serious business" about in your opinion... you cant be serious...

you fail to answer my question on why you think bc is so special?

have you heard of john hammond ? he is the bucks gm. just won exec of the year.... go look up how many seasons he has been a gm ? clue its under 3... so in his first 2 years are you saying that if he called i dont know chicago and said hey i want salmons, chicago is gona say "oh we dont know you" and hang up ?

does hammod not have "balls/skill" as you used the term, to pull of trades ?

also who was john hammond ? the assistant to joe dumars in detroit before joining the bucks...
                              Last edited by vinnie_paz; Mon Aug 2, 2010, 01:57 AM.

Comment

which part of my post sounded angry?

please look at the rosters of the celtics (pre big 3), 76ers (no AI), nets (lots of injuries to carter, kidd, n rj), and knicks (isah thomas years) and tell me why winning a division title is a good measuring stick to use when measuring the success under bc ?

so the portland trail blazers who just hired a former assistant gm... so what no one will talk to them now? because a former assistant gm of an NBA franchise is not worthy of talking "serious business" about in your opinion... you cant be serious...

i could write a book about how i disagree with you... you fail to answer my question on why you think bc is so special?

so if larry bird calls some other nba gm, hez not gona take him seriously ? or donnie walsh ?

hope none of this sounded too angry... and seriously plz tell me which part was angry ?
                                grunwald was the gm for the 2nd round exit but VC was as much in charge at the time as grunwald in my opinion. it was a what VC wanted VC got policy & that included "broken Dream" hakeem LOL

people will still talk to portland because they got alot of quality player people want. Raptors not so much LOL

No assets + No carismatic GM to fleece other GM's = 10 more years of building through the draft & crossing our fingers we find a gem or two & can sign them to more then 2 contracts before they leave.

Comment

Working...
                                X