No announcement yet.

Turkoglu's Turn To Take A Shot At Toronto & Colangelo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Despite the soft schedule for about a month before the all-star break the Raptors were playing well and were winning the games that they should. On the other hand before that easy part of the schedule the Raptors had the most difficult schedule in the league between trips and the number of games played. So overall the schedule before the all-star break was not that much easier than the schedule after it. So clearly there was a valid reason for BC to be optimistic at the all-star break and trade deadline about the Raptors final win total and conference seeding come the playoffs.

Based on all of that there was no logic to trading Bosh just before the trade deadline unless BC knew at that time that Bosh wanted out of Toronto starting July 1st. There is no evidence to suggest that that was in fact the situation.

Then Bosh was injured twice playing in only 18 of the 30 Raptors post all-star games. So he missed 40% of all the Raptors games after the all-star break. To compound that the schedule for a good part of those missed games was not that easy.

Now the question is did BC try and sign Bosh after the season ended or did he decide to let him walk?

Almost everyone assumes that BC tried to sign Bosh but I for one am not convinced.

The results are in the wins, losses and standings. Bosh failed once again to get the Raptors into the playoffs. Another post all-star flame out. Yes he was injured again after the all-star break. Yes he did not try and get in the way of that elbow that busted up his face. Maybe it is just bad karma but Bosh basically is like the significant other - just not there for you when you need them. So maybe BC finally realized that and decided Bosh was not worth a max contract given his history of injuries, his bad knees and his inability to make others around him better, other than maybe through a double team. Though that is a subject for discussion at another time.

Then when Bosh knew he wasn't coming back he just acted like Bosh, which all Raptors fans knew what that was like from his self promotion for the all-star team. So no surprise there.

In the end I don't blame either BC or Bosh for the parting nor the way it happened.

Its unfortunate that after the fact this he said/she said garbage is happening.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
      Hedo is right BC has lost control and is in desperation damage control mode ie Chandler/Barnes non deals, as there is no organizational accountability in TO as both Wright & Jack spoke about the situation in the media last season. BC is looking really weak trying to bad mouth Bosh after the fact. Should have manned up and talked to Bosh when he was still a Raptor instead of trying to blame Bosh for TO's failures- it starts at the top BC look in the mirror. I haven't been a BC supporter ever since he fired Sam at 8-9 then let Jay take over because he's a Canadian ie good PR. It's not Hedo's fault that Jay/BC didn't put him through training camp leaving his regular season endurance to chance then misused his point forward talents in the offensive schemes.

Btw- Turk will have a few good years in Phoenix as we will see how Jay/BC misused his talents after his acquisition.
      ya, okay so he's going to walk up to the franchise guy at the time and say your not franchise player material. that's going to look even better on him.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Damn ... ole BC sure is in the shit-kicking weeds these day. Funny how things like these can gang up and hoof your coins repeatedly ... even when you might not actually deserve it, at least for what it appears you’re getting it for. Meaning ... while I don’t think Colangelo QUITE deserves the level of grief he’s been getting the last week or so -- a fair portion of it has been word-play by the media making his Bosh comments into a bigger deal than they actually were, imo -- sometimes, by not being smart when you need to be, you play yourself into a corner where those who might fancy taking a free swing at you can line one up and slam away at will. We already knew that Hedo is enough of an a-hole to not be the classy one, so it shouldn’t be all THAT surprising (to Colangelo) that he took the opportunity to let one fly at his former boss, who had (after all) publicly embarrassed him last winter by having him benched after the nightclub thing. Like Doc said, it was only a matter of time. But it was Colangelo who left himself wide open for it ... and while I doubt he could’ve seen this one coming, it’s serious cannon-fire ... and I think it needs a serious response.

Of course, what makes it worse -- for us, for Raptors brass and for former teammates -- is that there he is, NOW looking like he’s gotten himself trim, fit and healthy, about a hundred times more so than when he showed up to training camp last year ... so you just know it’s likely that he’ll have a good season, but ... that just is what it is.

The important thing now, as I see it, is, the comment Hedo made that “something is wrong with that organization and nobody wants to go there any more” ... and “it’s not just the players who see this” requires -- in my opinion -- a full-guns-blazing-all-out-assault-response from Colangelo. I mean really, it would just be too lame to let that one go. If he’d hope that it’d go away on its own, it’d be a mistake, imo. Not with how the media devours this kind of Colangelo-related stuff, especially these days. So, if I’m BC’s boss, I’m on the phone with him tonight, reminding him that he got himSELF into this stink by not thinking ahead about what effect his comments on Bosh last week might have and that (as far as I’d be concerned) he’s got little choice now but to drop the gloves and hit back hard and quick, before the media runs wild with it first and he fires back after everybody’s had their say ... which would look lame or at least, have way less of an impact (so same thing - lame). A hard counterpunch needs serious considering, ‘cause there’s a fair bit on the line with this for a lot of people, in the organization and even outside of it. Time to be tough in a presidential kind of way ... and hit that bastid back ... hard. Is what I think.

Comment

One Question - At what point does perception become reality?

Comment

DirtyMikeSeaver wrote: View Post
            One Question - At what point does perception become reality?
            Exactly, regardless of the crap Turk and Bosh are spewing,American ballers buy into it.If you don't believe it, you aren't listening to the ignorant misconceptions both press and players already have about Canada, and Toronto specifically.We have rich ownership, a great arena, great fans, but players who are seemingly not looking at us with an open mind.I can't really think of another major league franchise that has so much going for it, but is looked upon as badly.

Comment

too bad he is 100% right.

Comment

I dont understand... If no one wants to come to Toronto then why did the biggest name in free agency last year come here? If he would have checked in at some point last season maybe the raps may have made the playoffs. Hedo is a joke and shouldn't talk shit when he was a huge reason why they didn't make the playoffs.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                  its funny how turkyflu talk about BC making comment behind peoples backs! thats all turk has done, talk shit from turkey!

its almost as if classy hard working loyal players are becoming extinct.

i cant think of a single franchise that wouldnt have problems with guys like turk, he has some nerve to say t.o was the problem.

Turkeyflu = triple douche
                  I'm pretty happy we have the young guns. They want to play here and bring this team back to respectability. Something Bosh(franchise player my ass) has never been able to do.

Comment

If Bosh wins a 'ship in Miami, most likey to happen at least once, it will be a big deal, truss. They haven't won anything yet as a trio but Wade has won a ring already. Btw AMorrison is not a viable comparison as he was a fringe roster player for LA while Bosh is part of the core in Miami.

S&T, all BC got was Miami's 1st round pick in 2011(likely number 30) & gave TO back the number one pick BC traded away to Miami in the JO deal. Plus a 14 million dollar trade exception. BC f*cked himself & the fans over.

I can almost guarantee that Hedo will play really well in Phoenix over the next couple of years further exposing TO's lack of structure.
                    It'll be a big deal alright....for the fans in Miami.

I brought up Morrison because Wade & James in Miami could be challenging for a championship without Bosh. Maybe they should try to get Chris Paul as well.

Another fallacy about Toronto's draft pick coming back...let me ask...was that pick ours before the s&t? If Bosh eg. went to Chicago would we get that draft pick back from Miami? What do you think BC could get for Bosh at the trade deadline and with whom as a rent-a-player for half a year or even a year ago?

We'll see about Hedo in Phoenix....especially a couple of years down the road. Unless Nash is injured the ball in that town is going to go through Nash (and Dragic) when it counts most....and thats most of the time.

BC has made mistakes and amongst them naivety and trust as well as not putting together a defensive minded team but enough of the manlove for Bosh and Hedo. Next you are going to make case for James not getting surrounded by "good" players in Cleveland. 60 plus games in the regular season 2 yrs running kinda shreds that argument.

Comment

thank god, the streaks over

THAT's THE FIRST SHOT TURKOGLU'S MADE ALL YEAR!!
                      Last edited by LBF; Mon Aug 2, 2010, 12:40 PM.
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                        It'll be a big deal alright....for the fans in Miami.

I brought up Morrison because Wade & James in Miami could be challenging for a championship without Bosh. Maybe they should try to get Chris Paul as well.

Another fallacy about Toronto's draft pick coming back...let me ask...was that pick ours before the s&t? If Bosh eg. went to Chicago would we get that draft pick back from Miami? What do you think BC could get for Bosh at the trade deadline and with whom as a rent-a-player for half a year or even a year ago?

We'll see about Hedo in Phoenix....especially a couple of years down the road. Unless Nash is injured the ball in that town is going to go through Nash (and Dragic) when it counts most....and thats most of the time.

BC has made mistakes and amongst them naivety and trust as well as not putting together a defensive minded team but enough of the manlove for Bosh and Hedo. Next you are going to make case for James not getting surrounded by "good" players in Cleveland. 60 plus games in the regular season 2 yrs running kinda shreds that argument.
                        It'll be a big deal for ther NBA as Miami's global appeal, fan base is growing everyday. Morrison's and Bosh's situation are nothing a like no matter how you try to rationalize it to yourself.lol No cap space for CP3.

Miami had the right to the Raptor's #1 draft pick (lottery protected until 2015) as per the JO deal. Now they don't as they gave that draft pick back to TO as part of the Bosh S&T- comprehend? Also, if Bosh went to Chicago then- no, Miami wouldn't have surrendered their right to exercise the draft options on TO's future #1's as per the JO deal. Whatever BC could have gotten for Bosh at the deadline is irrelevant now as BC didn't do ish even though the players(as per Hoopshype Bargnani interview) had a feeling that Bosh was leaving.

Yes, we will see how Turk plays in Phoenix as time will surely tell one way or the other.

I have no man love for Hedo nor Bosh I just recognize game, son. So now you are predicting what I will say- then providing the closing argumentive particular that makes you come off as being right?lmfao Keep on drinking BC's kool aid if you wish- free will.

Btw- In the future do the full math not the self serving half.

Comment

It'll be a big deal for ther NBA as Miami's global appeal, fan base is growing everyday. Morrison's and Bosh's situation are nothing a like no matter how you try to rationalize it to yourself.lol No cap space for CP3.

Miami had the right to the Raptor's #1 draft pick (lottery protected until 2015) as per the JO deal. Now they don't as they gave that draft pick back to TO as part of the Bosh S&T- comprehend? Also, if Bosh went to Chicago then- no, Miami wouldn't have surrendered their right to exercise the draft options on TO's future #1's as per the JO deal. Whatever BC could have gotten for Bosh at the deadline is irrelevant now as BC didn't do ish even though the players(as per Hoopshype Bargnani interview) had a feeling that Bosh was leaving.

Yes, we will see how Turk plays in Phoenix as time will surely tell one way or the other.

I have no man love for Hedo nor Bosh I just recognize game, son. So now you are predicting what I will say- then providing the closing argumentive particular that makes you come off as being right?lmfao Keep on drinking BC's kool aid if you wish- free will.

Btw- In the future do the full math not the self serving half.

The fans in Miami are front runners. Check out their attendance the last few years. Wait till there are either hiccups or they keep winning insanely...either way the fair weather fans will take leave for the sun, south beach and whatever they have there. Its a novelty right now. Bought your Bosh Heat shirt yet.

I think you have a logic problem re the draft pick. Once more, the Miami Heat OWNED Toronto's draft pick (lottery protected only till 2015). It was NOT ours anymore in any form...ever. After 2015 it would not be lottery protected and Miami would have used it. We got total rights back..meaning we got a first rounder. Whether it was ours previously or the Clippers is immaterial. Before the s&t it was not ours...after, it became ours...hope you get it now.

Lets see now, how do you explain if you have such high regard for Bosh's integrity, that Bargnani and the team knew "two months" before the season ended that Bosh was going to leave. That coincides with his "ankle injury" (Feb 18)...season ended April 14....and Bosh in complete denial publicly that he hadnt made his mind up yet and Toronto was going to be in the mix. You wanna hold hands with the man, ok...just buy his shirt.

I missed the "math" slam at the end...was it the 120 games won in Cleveland the last two years or all the players James asked to bring in who didnt add up to a full "surrounding" of talent. It happened here too with Bosh being consulted on all the moves. The reason I bring up James is because if you watched that Boston series he gave up too with his elbow's mri not showing much ("bruised bone near the elbow"). Poor little booboo. Now, this is all so coincidental I must surely bore SirChilly with the minutiae we cannot prove.

Re Chris Paul, while I was being facetious about my comment, the Heat can theoretically acquire him by trading Bosh to NO for CP. No?

Comment

Hassan wrote: View Post
                            Turkolgu is a fag. we have problems? wtf buddy you have problems your the most unfit piece of crap in the whole NBA. Watch next season everyone in Phoenix is gonna find out how much of a fag Turk really is.
                            Hassan, can we at least keep it somewhat civil? There are other ways to call Turk the lameass that he is without using a really offensive word like f#*. Just saying.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                              its funny how turkyflu talk about BC making comment behind peoples backs! thats all turk has done, talk shit from turkey!
                              I know. This guy "checked out" right after signing the deal, I can't wait to see him get hammered at the PF in Phoenix.

Having said that, I do agree with one of his quotes:

That organization has problems.

Comment

Why I love The GM, Part 392: Chris Bosh plays at an all star level for 7 yrs, checks out a little during the last half of the season (because we know all pro athletes try 100% of the time all the time), leaves as a free agent (which is his right) for a clearly better situation and he goes to the national airwaves and does some dry snitching on him. Hedo Turkoglu comes here only for the money, loafs through a season, whines his way out of Toronto for a better situation, (rightly) defends his old teamate and points out the flaws in the system while trashing The GM.... and he responds with a stock press release and throwing in that he's still a "business friend" of his. If I'm an American player, I look at this situation and wonder.....

Comment

Working...
                                X