No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He is not a rebounder or a traditional centre. But he can put up points, and a lot of them. I hate everyone criticizing his defence. Man to man he is average to above ave. If he doesn't blossom this year into 20 ppg, then he can't be considered to lead this team any longer.
    Raptors fan for life....sadly.

Comment

• nubreed000 wrote: View Post
      I said the same thing: He's the number 1 on our team BY DEFAULT. As for getting this far without doing nothing. Well ok fine...he shot enough 3's to get here. And why do you assume that HE IS working on his post game? Are there any reports I missed? Because if so I'll shutup right now.

Oh, and yes, NBA players ARE and SHOULD be held to different standards. Like, $9 million standards. I mean ya its awesome that he's making millions, living the good life, playing PS3 and chasing bitches. But I sure as hell don't want to be cheering for a professional athlete who's priorities are that, and not what he's been employed to do.
      If you followed Bargs, you would know he has been working on his post game because its been getting better over the years. You watch, you see, you notice; not exactly a hard concept. Its baffling that you don't see this, I mean what more do you want, a personal camera crew following him around like your boy CB documenting everything? You can't criticize the guy because your ignorant and obviously you haven't noticed his development. He's become more aggressive, uses his size, and realizes he's quicker then pretty much every centre. He was crammin it on everybody!

Its funny how you say you don't want to cheer for an athlete with qualities such are what you mentioned. First off, its quite clear you don't cheer for Bargs. Second, are these bad things? If you would of said I dont' wanna cheer for a guy who is making millions, but at the same time doing drugs, non-stop partying, missing team meetings, I would agree. But the fact that your pissed because he's playing ps3 and chasing girls tells me how much of a prude you are. Beat it nerd, with your outdated theories.

Comment

• Nick wrote: View Post
        If you followed Bargs, you would know he has been working on his post game because its been getting better over the years. You watch, you see, you notice; not exactly a hard concept. Its baffling that you don't see this, I mean what more do you want, a personal camera crew following him around like your boy CB documenting everything? You can't criticize the guy because your ignorant and obviously you haven't noticed his development. He's become more aggressive, uses his size, and realizes he's quicker then pretty much every centre. He was crammin it on everybody!

Its funny how you say you don't want to cheer for an athlete with qualities such are what you mentioned. First off, its quite clear you don't cheer for Bargs. Second, are these bad things? If you would of said I dont' wanna cheer for a guy who is making millions, but at the same time doing drugs, non-stop partying, missing team meetings, I would agree. But the fact that your pissed because he's playing ps3 and chasing girls tells me how much of a prude you are. Beat it nerd, with your outdated theories.
        Booya!

Comment

• nubreed000 wrote: View Post
          I said the same thing: He's the number 1 on our team BY DEFAULT. As for getting this far without doing nothing. Well ok fine...he shot enough 3's to get here. And why do you assume that HE IS working on his post game? Are there any reports I missed? Because if so I'll shutup right now.

Oh, and yes, NBA players ARE and SHOULD be held to different standards. Like, $9 million standards. I mean ya its awesome that he's making millions, living the good life, playing PS3 and chasing bitches. But I sure as hell don't want to be cheering for a professional athlete who's priorities are that, and not what he's been employed to do.
          He's worked with Moses Malone on his post game, or so I've been told. He does work hard in the summer, and every year he has added both to his post game and midrange game. The only things he hasn't really gotten better at are his hep D and rebounding, which are both things that are incredibly difficult to work on by yourself. Reasons you never hear about his summer training:

1. He's in Italy. Not many Canadian/American basketball reporters over there.
          2. He has never been the type to broadcast anything about his personal life so I don't see why anyone would find it surprising he isn't constantly tweeting about how hard he hit it in the gym.
          3. He HAS stated he wants to be the man. I remember at the end of the season there was a little bit of a discussion because he had announced that he was ready to assume the franchise player role.
          "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
            He's developing his post game. That doesn't happen overnight. He was raised and taught to play the outside game and that's his major advantage in the NBA at his size.

I like how you assume he's not doing a damn thing except chilling in Rome playing PS3 and eating pasta.
            Introcollapse wrote: View Post
            To be honest, probably is.

However I do agree. It's not his choice to be our number 1, this is just the way it is.
            Andrea is in Italy, in the past weeks he was working out in Rome with Cuzzolin, a few days ago he joined the italian national team (with Marco too) and they are currently playing some torunaments to get ready for the european championship qualifying round that will be in august

it may make you happy to know that the new NT coach in very focused on the D and the team is showing great improvements from this point, so maybe Triano and his staff should see some of this games to figure out how to get Bargs working on his help defense (for example, stop switching on every screen...)

Last edited by jake&elwood; Sun Jul 18, 2010, 10:39 AM.

Comment

• if you are interested here's the link to watch tonight's game, Italy-Bulgary (2.30 PM for you):
              http://www.raisport.rai.it/dl/raispo...4-fd3430493964

as a side note, yesterday both Andrea and Marco had a good game against Poland, 25 pts for Bargs (4/10 2pt, 5/8 3pt, 2/6 ft) and 22 for Beli (4/7, 4/7, 2/2)

Comment

• Bargnani & Belinelli: Exhibition Highlights

Comment

• Ugh

Belinelli looked better than Bargnani.

Off of these videos I would not draft Bargnani and take Belinelli in the second round.
                  Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                  Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• Nice to see Belinelli's shot selection has not changed...

Not, but it's actually nice to see Bargs' passing ability and court vision. Hopefully he uses more of that this upcoming season.

Comment

• Yeah, Bargnani looks particularly slow, butt ugly in the post (as per usual), and has very little bounce .. not that he ever had a vertical jump to begin with.

You have to figure he'll be back to his usual game shape once the season starts, but if he can't even dedicate himself to an offseason of hard conditioning focusing on his problem areas, he doesn't stand a chance as Toronto's alpha dog and will remain nothing more than a good catch and shoot threat at the 5.

Comment

• Where were the defensive highlights?

Its hard to see Bargnani fitting in with the type of game that Colangelo is envisioning the Raptors, or should we call them the Rabbits playing 10-11.
                        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• For some reason I think the offensive scheme that san Antonio use to run with david and duncan starting at the high posts would work well for toronto.

I picture barbosa at the top of the key picking which screen to take barg or davis and just blowing straight to the rim if a team stops the penetration barg fades to the 3 pt line while davis slides down to the rim.

Comment

• they both looked pretty terrible in my opinion.
                            bargs still doesnt have a knack for rebounding and his post-game is still non-existent.
                            and whats with belinelli still fading away with those retarded off-balanced jumpers? i dont think this guy will ever learn and hes still way too outta control.

Comment

• Truly amazing basketball. These guys are the future for sure, along with the gunners.

Comment

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                                Where were the defensive highlights?

Its hard to see Bargnani fitting in with the type of game that Colangelo is envisioning the Raptors, or should we call them the Rabbits playing 10-11.
                                That was a joke right?

Comment

Working...
                                X